test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I hope they'll give everyone a free character slot for Romulus

archofwinterarchofwinter Member Posts: 215 Arc User
As the title says, I really hope Cryptic will give us a free character slot for the new faction.
If not free, somehow earn it in a special mission or featured episode.
Post edited by archofwinter on

Comments

• transam83transam83 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As the title says, I really hope Cryptic will give us a free character slot for the new faction.
    If not free, somehow earn it in a special mission or featured episode.

LOL

Not gonna happen. Darn freeloaders
  • marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You got a free slot when you unlocked the Klingon faction so they should allow for free slot for the Romulans.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They sort of have to give everyone a Rommie slot. Otherwise the faction is DEAD. If you thought KDF being dead was bad, keep in mind that everyone DOES get a free KDF slot that can be used for nothing else. A Rom faction that only those who can shell out for character slots can afford to even play? DEAD, I tell you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They sort of have to give everyone a Rommie slot. Otherwise the faction is DEAD. If you thought KDF being dead was bad, keep in mind that everyone DOES get a free KDF slot that can be used for nothing else. A Rom faction that only those who can shell out for character slots can afford to even play? DEAD, I tell you.

This.

It's rolling a new specialty toon that makes you have to buy new slots, or delete an existing toon.
  • kratos20thkratos20th Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They likely wont.
    With how many people begging for a Romulan faction, they can already smell the money that'l pile in from people buying an extra slot.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    But you can't buy only one. Either they will make it so you can choose two out of the three or they will allow for a third free character.

There aren't any other options really.
  • janusforbearejanusforbeare Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    kratos20th wrote: »
    They likely wont.
    With how many people begging for a Romulan faction, they can already smell the money that'l pile in from people buying an extra slot.

They'll make a lot more money having a larger volume of consumers buying the Romulan faction ships and gear they'll be producing from now on. It makes more financial sense to offer a free slot than to charge for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just delete the alt you use the least. Viola.

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Three factions, three free slots. Period.
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    skollulfr wrote: »
    its quite simple.
    vanity purchases & inventory expansions will get them more cash than character slots.

This is exactly it.

It's more profitable in the long run to give me the slot. It's the carrot on the stick that leads you to other things.

I only bought Joined Trill initially because I wanted to do a Trill that has left for the Klingon Empire character, for example.

There's no good reason beyond internet conspiracy theories to think they are going to change their business model now. It's working the way it is.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    MMMM.New C-store ships, Dial store devices,and fleet grind....I am 99.9999% sure that they will give out a free slot. Like crack dealers give out that first rock free.It would be in their financial iinterest to do so. Dil store, damn droid auto spell check!
  • dariusmajeredariusmajere Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Personally Think It should come out as has been discussed as a past, A Paid Expansion like other games have done. This was it brings in Valuable Resources instead of just winds up being a Resource hole like the KDF is. Let the people who want it, Get it. This way they know how much Resources to actually dump into it in the long run. Since the faction itself can Enter Rommie, KDF or Starfleet the best way is make it a Z-Store Expansion to pick up. That opens the Expansion to people who truly want it and not just a third Floating half faction to casually go into.
    Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
    Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
    Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
    [SIGPIC]http://massivechaos.enjin.com/[/SIGPIC]
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Since the faction itself can Enter Rommie, KDF or Starfleet...

Er...um.../cough.
  • niceguy13niceguy13 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just incase they don't give a free slot save up your delithium and buy your Z-points with it.
    = 0 cash for them.... think about that cost you nothing but game play.
    And if they give it any ways wel you got alot of delithium to spent.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Either way, I'm ready. I bought the 2 slots from C Store a while back. To make my 3rd character for my Tactical Officer. I hadn't used the other slot that came with the purchase.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The slots have been on standby in my case since january

Slots saved for
    Romulan Tactical, Romulan Engineer and Romulan Science
    Remans and other aliens no thanks

IF they give me a spare slot I might make a Reman and name his ship "the Ugly stick"
    Live long and Prosper
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There is no doubt you will get a free Rom Slot. Silver players will start the game with 1 Fed exclusive, 1 KDF exclusive, and 1 Rom exclusive slot. As stated above, Cryptic's revenues will come from all the Rom items you will want to buy after you get started: Rom ships with unique consoles, Rom uniforms and regular clothing, Rom pets, and so on.

The free slot is like the crack dealer giving you the first few tries for free: he knows you'll be back to buy more. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    niceguy13 wrote: »
    Just incase they don't give a free slot save up your delithium and buy your Z-points with it.
    = 0 cash for them....

Every Z-point you trade for is still income for Cryptic. You didn't pay cash for it, but the person who got it to sell for dil did.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    We live in hope of

Romulan female captains off duty dress (enabled for BOFFS please)
    Romulan civilian/senatorial robes (Ditto)
    TOS unforms
    TOS warbird
    Super duper pink plasma weapon (instant kills on borg cubes ideally)
    the old style disruptor pistols
    Cloaking device room on ships deck plan
    Female Remans (just for giggles imagine half a dozen half dressed reman females turning up on drozana and dancing on the tables THAT would clear the room)

all of which could be C store
    Live long and Prosper