test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who is going Green in May?

Comments

• syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'll be starting my KDF main over in May. I won't go Green until I finish getting Gatagis, intrepid Gorn Captain of Engineering, up to the cap from the start.

Space Drow aren't my biggest interest, although I'm thrilled to see those who do love them get their fun.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • deadmaninc84deadmaninc84 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have been waiting for this for a very long time you bet I will be all in for some Romulans.
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'll have to see what the ships are like, but I thik I'll end up with at the very least 3 Romulan characters, one for each class.
    Maybe it'll be more if I enjoy them as much as I enjoy the KDF.
    Oh and just for fun:

Who let the birds out?
    War, war, war, war, bird?
    Who let the birds out?
    War, war, war, war, bird?
  • kadieraskadieras Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    For the Empire. Hell the only reason I joined the game was because I thought they were already in!!
    Like the Romulan Alliance System? Of course you do, it sounds fine to you because you aren't Romulans, you're FED or KDF who are going to make a Romulan alt, it makes a HUGE difference in perspective.
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've wanted to a play a Romulan ever since the CCG, and then I did it with Birth of the Federation, Armada, Armada II, all the Starfleet Commands and love them on Legacy.
  • borgdmanborgdman Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'll be going green, just have to wait an see what my Liberated Borg Romulan character will look like.
    KirkSCrmKhan.gif
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Assuming a free character slot, I'm certain to make a character and explore the new content a bit.

I have a KDF main. I know better then to commit to a faction that isn't Fed. They can prove me wrong, then I may consider switching.

But, it wouldn't be to the green team, it would be to the red team because they made good on their promise to finish the KDF before they released a new faction. So far the announcement has not shown they are willing to give me what I want.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • sarovensaroven Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Apparently I had to get a new Perfect World account and username to link with my old Cryptic one as I quit playing this game right before the duty officer patch came out.

I was an active proponent, scratch that, practically begging the devs to make good on years old promises of adding playable Romulans.

Now that we are getting a Romulan faction in May I look forward to playing the game again in May and will most definitely be "going green" as frankly I wanted to play a Romulan back when the other company was developing the other Star Trek MMO game. I can't wait to play this game again as a Romulan.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'll certainly role a Romulan come May. A(nother) sci, no doubt :o
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I will create a science, a tactical and an engineer at least.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Both my brother and I will be coming back to roll Romulan characters. Unless sci and engie have clear advantages over a tac rommie, we will most likely be choosing a Romulan tac and flying in D'deridexes.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Though I eagerly await the Cardassian faction (please don't take 3 years to make it happen), I likely will try out the Romulans, especially if I can play as a Hirogen.

The KDF never interested me, but a Romulan faction, full of espionage missions and subterfuge, might just hit the spot.
    You actually think the Romulans will get content other than space pew-pew?
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I will definately be playing Romulan as they are my favorite faction from the shows. However, I am hoping agaisnt hope that the blurbs about us being freedom fighters and overthrowing the RSE are a bit exaggerated, because I have been looking forward to playing Romulan Star Empire, not some seperatist movement that replaces them and totally misses the whole feel of the romulans. If that is the case, I'll probably just ignore the episodes and try to RP as a RSE captain as best I can.
  • zev92zev92 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I know ill be switching my targets from blue to green in pvp. Nothing like having the blood enemy of kdf in game finally.
  • xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I dont know about "going green" but i am definitely going to try it.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited March 2013
    I creamed my pants when this was officially announced! Just got around to posting. Well played Cryptic ... well played. Just for this I am going to juice up some zen as soon as I get home.

"Matters more urgent caused our absence.
    Now witness the result.
    Outposts destroyed. Expansion of the Federation...everywhere.
    Yes. We have indeed been negligent. But no more.

Do you understand my meaning?
    We... are back."
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • taergontaergon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It depends if there is any new content for my fed chars to play first, or if its pure Romulan. I'll be playing them at some point, just a question of when.
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Not looking forward to doing another 200 STF grinding for 3 new characters.
    Agreed. I only just recently finished the rep grind on my main, and find the looming burden of rep grind to be totally dissuasive to working on an alt. If they don't redesign the rep grind to be more alt-friendly, I may not even make it to May, and if I do, I doubt I'll more than dabble with the Romulan content before moving onto another game.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • squidheadjaxsquidheadjax Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Agreed. I only just recently finished the rep grind on my main, and find the looming burden of rep grind to be totally dissuasive to working on an alt. If they don't redesign the rep grind to be more alt-friendly, I may not even make it to May, and if I do, I doubt I'll more than dabble with the Romulan content before moving onto another game.

I can't stand the Rep grind. If everything worth having, especially the 'customized skilled' alluded to is stuck in there, I'm going to be really disappointed. Repeat the least entertaining content in the game again and again and again and again... ugh.
    SQUIRREL!
  • sauron90805sauron90805 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    capnmanx wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if there were many who wouldn't at least try it.

As for me, common sense is trying to tell me that I should 'stay calm', 'wait patiently', and even 'give it a few days after it launches to let the rush die down'. The rest of me is chanting 'Romulans! Romulans! Romulans!' and bouncing up and down in my chair.

I don't think common sense is going to get its way this time. :D

Exactly....patience and calm are for Vulcans. I've been waiting for this faction since open beta.
  • virgilpluton999virgilpluton999 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have one character for each so far, so I guess I'll make one more for the new faction. I mean, why not?
  • brangel13brangel13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Once you go green, you never go clean! :D
  • daytonamaxdaytonamax Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    brangel13 wrote: »
    Once you go green, you never go clean! :D

Totally not true.
    *so fresh and so Green Clean*
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have 4 of 18 character slots open and will be rolling at least 1 Romulan character of each career path - Engy, Sci and Tac in that order.
  • lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm definitely going green. I've always wanted to play the Romulans. I also think they have the best looking ships.

I'll be double green then. With my crew made up of only Orion women and then joining the Romulans, I'll really be green. :D

Besides, I think the Feds are boring. I never liked Klingons, but I had to join the KDF to play my beloved Orions.

Romulans should be great!
    L'sya Raiya
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I plan on creating one. At least get one started. It will be a while before I level he or she though. Since I want to see the Fed side of the story and what is new. Plus I still have my Klingon to work with. So the Romulan will share my time with my 2nd Fed, who is a tactical.

Looking forward to see what ships you can fly. Before I make my decision on my Romulan. I seeing either a tactical or engineer. And a Reman will be my 1st officer so it will make a sweet combo.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • pein102102pein102102 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    can you play as romulans yet? its not giving me the option yet.
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    pein102102 wrote: »
    can you play as romulans yet? its not giving me the option yet.

You're two months to early for the season 8/Romulan expansion stuff.
  • cuzecozecuzecoze Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm thinking once May comes around I'll be going full Romulan. Just gotta find a primarily Romulan focused guild that is ok with casual players now.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Eco Friendly faction FTW!!!:D
    GwaoHAD.png