LOL at all the naysayers

seraphantillesseraphantilles Member Posts: 97 Arc User
To all the naysayers who said there would be no Romulan faction, I say:

LOL! In your face!!
Post edited by seraphantilles on

Comments

• crimzenwavecrimzenwave Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    /frantically changes "It won't be what you think" forum signature & image.
  • elkemelkem Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    w00t ! I too smile at all the naysayers cause I knew (from a earilier podcast that had some cryptic dev on) that Romulans were comming in the very near future (I think I heard that podcast last month ) so....YES!

Cryptic - I love you ! (gives red roses)
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    <bookmarked for future comment>
    ;)
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can't wait till the first major issue crops up for Romulans. Will be fun to point out how you're only 12% of the playerbase and not worth the resources!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'd wait to see what they are like once released before you LOL anybody. :rolleyes:
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited March 2013

LOL! In your face!!

I don't think anyone doubted the devs want a Romulan faction. The people who said they didn't think it would happen at this point in time, which included myself, felt that based on the devs' own comments and their history over the last three years, that a true full-faction would take too much time and resources to do.

After all, when STO turned 3 years old you still had to play 25 levels as a Fed to go into KDF and even then you skipped through 40% of the levels.

I'm still concerned about the content and how they plan on having enough for 50 levels of Romulan play and an extra 20 levels of KDF play. Hopefully this is something they've been secretly working on since PWE bought them a year and a half ago because then there's a good shot the players will get what they want and expect.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • aphantasmaphantasm Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I don't think anyone doubted the devs want a Romulan faction. The people who said they didn't think it would happen at this point in time, which included myself, felt that based on the devs' own comments and their history over the last three years, that a true full-faction would take too much time and resources to do.

After all, when STO turned 3 years old you still had to play 25 levels as a Fed to go into KDF and even then you skipped through 40% of the levels.

I'm still concerned about the content and how they plan on having enough for 50 levels of Romulan play and an extra 20 levels of KDF play. Hopefully this is something they've been secretly working on since PWE bought them a year and a half ago because then there's a good shot the players will get what they want and expect.

That was my thinking as well. I personally was like they need to finish KDF first before even thinking of a third full faction. If they have added 20 levels of content to KDF then sure bring on the Romulan faction. But if they haven't then they should wait on Romulans till they finish KDF.
  • boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can't wait till the first major issue crops up for Romulans. Will be fun to point out how you're only 12% of the playerbase and not worth the resources!

Now that's just depressing. We already have to swim thru a river of crocodile tears from the Klingon players. Now I have to dread the whine of the upcoming Romulan complainers.

Worst case scenario: Rom faction launches, is enjoyed by all, and rom population surpasses and stabilizes at twice the KDF population levels. Imagine the whining we will have to listen to on every fed/rom c-store ship release from then on....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    Worst case scenario: Rom faction launches, is enjoyed by all, and rom population surpasses and stabilizes at twice the KDF population levels. Imagine the whining we will have to listen to on every fed/rom c-store ship release from then on....
    I could totally see that happening too. The Romulans settle in at the new 12%. The KDF gets eaten up by this and are at 6%. And Cryptic does its magical metrics thing and maybe even DStahl posts about how the numbers look and really they're going to make way more money by releasing a USS Dauntless or something like that, than they would releasing some new KDF uniform or whatever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I could totally see that happening too. The Romulans settle in at the new 12%. The KDF gets eaten up by this and are at 6%. And Cryptic does its magical metrics thing and maybe even DStahl posts about how the numbers look and really they're going to make way more money by releasing a USS Dauntless or something like that, than they would releasing some new KDF uniform or whatever.

Even in our era, temporal causality is a ***** isnt it?
  • sharrashimadasharrashimada Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2013

LOL! In your face!!

I always said, there will be no romulan faction at march 21st. I further "knew" we would see nothign real instead. So far i was right about everything.

And if there is a full playable romulan faction on may 21st is still to be seen.
    Any klingons around here, playing a full playable faction with story-content and so on? Oh wait....
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    And as usual, the "I told you so" crowd comes out of the woodwork. Just like the other half would have done if the current self-congratulatory crowd had been wrong. Typical.

Newsflash: being right doesn't mean you knew any better, it means you got lucky. Happens every day. Get over yourself.

Yes, I *would* be saying the same thing to the other crowd, had they been right.

And for the record, I'm not part of either; I'm a member of the group that's still waiting to see if was done WELL, regardless of what it is. Who knows, maybe I'll be wrong, too. I certainly hope so.
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    We aren't there yet, so gloating is a tad premature.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There is a Taoist story of an old farmer who had worked his crops for many years. One day his horse ran away. Upon hearing the news, his neighbors came to visit. "Such bad luck," they said sympathetically.

"We'll see," the farmer replied.

The next morning the horse returned, bringing with it two other wild horses.

"How wonderful," the neighbors exclaimed! "Not only did your horse return, but you received two more. What great fortune you have!"

"We'll see," answered the farmer.

The following day, his son tried to ride one of the untamed horses, was thrown, and broke his leg. The neighbors again came to offer their sympathy on his misfortune. "Now your son cannot help you with your farming," they said. "What terrible luck you have!"

"We'll see," replied the old farmer.

The following week, military officials came to the village to conscript young men into the army. Seeing that the son's leg was broken, they passed him by. The neighbors congratulated the farmer on how well things had turned out.

"We'll see,"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    maxvitor wrote: »
    We aren't there yet, so gloating is a tad premature.
    Not to mention very IMmature, at ANY time.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I don't know who is worse; the naysayers trying to belittle any hope players wanted to have about a Romulan Faction or the buffoons dancing around on the forums proving how easily swayed they can be.

Right now I'm laughing at everyone.
  • dma1986dma1986 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You can start laughing when we actually see the content.

I'm still expecting disappointment for the Romfans in May, and my signature image will remain unchanged until then.
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I for one, would not like to congratulate or point-and-laugh at anyone, but to offer some words of wisdom.

Look at Season 7. People were semi-eager at the content to be released there. Look at the fiasco that has degenerated into. Server bugs, destabilization of the PVP (or so I hear, I kinda like it this way ;) ), Foundry wars, balloon popper spam, etc.

I would be very hesitant about what Season 8/May Release has to offer. We've seen those claims of grandiose additions to the complex world of STO. We've seen them fail - actually no we haven't, since a portion of our playerbase can't even get into the game, without disconnecting, long enough to watch anything happen.

I don't really care who is right and who is wrong. In the end, it's all a moot point once May hits. At that point, whether the update is successful or not will be the most important factor.

So let's keep our bow pointed at Cryptic, and be watchful of what will come, instead of this petty squabbling. I assure, you, if Cryptic mucks this up, the naysayer issue will be the least of your concerns.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I doubted the possibility of a faction because I am very much a pessimist in reagrds to things like this. I am used to being let down by MMO's so I figure...why bother getting my hopes up? It makes for a nice surprise when something DOES go the way you secretly wish it to. I cried last night because I was so happy to hear that we get a faction at last, something that I have been waiting for since back in beta. I suppose I wasn't totally discounting the idea of a faction coming in May, it was more of a "I'm-too-afraid-to-get-my-hopes-up" thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krell83stokrell83sto Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Cryptics "Track Record" of improvements for non-Fed speaks Volumes.

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
  • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hrisvalar wrote: »
    There is a Taoist story of an old farmer who had worked his crops for many years. One day his horse ran away. Upon hearing the news, his neighbors came to visit. "Such bad luck," they said sympathetically.

"We'll see," the farmer replied.

The next morning the horse returned, bringing with it two other wild horses.

"How wonderful," the neighbors exclaimed! "Not only did your horse return, but you received two more. What great fortune you have!"

"We'll see," answered the farmer.

The following day, his son tried to ride one of the untamed horses, was thrown, and broke his leg. The neighbors again came to offer their sympathy on his misfortune. "Now your son cannot help you with your farming," they said. "What terrible luck you have!"

"We'll see," replied the old farmer.

The following week, military officials came to the village to conscript young men into the army. Seeing that the son's leg was broken, they passed him by. The neighbors congratulated the farmer on how well things had turned out.

"We'll see,"

I thought the story was about a Zen master. . .
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    Now that's just depressing. We already have to swim thru a river of crocodile tears from the Klingon players. Now I have to dread the whine of the upcoming Romulan complainers.

Oh shut up. You Fedbears do PLENTY of whining and crying of your own, and you mostly get what you want.

At least the KDF has reason to complain. You Federation players are just spoiled.
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You know bragging makes no sense, there's no losers here, since we're all going to be able to play the new content.

Being cautious with cryptic and what you could expect from them is... Expected, considering what they did over the last years. If there's no more reason not to be optimistic then i'm happy to be proven wrong, but for now, all we know is that there's a new faction, but no one knows what the content will be. Episodes? Rabbit tagging? Levelling using the mirror incursion ad nauseum? You see, there are still many questions that needs to be answered. And it's not a shame or being silly to ask them.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
    edited March 2013
    As a naysayer, I'm in esteemed company.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Gloating like that is a little much.

I was told many times i was wrong for even think there was a Faction, and it was a FE, and I need to get my head out my rear.

I mean I could easy just type like

Hahaha suck it nananana I win you lose, ohhh what FE what what oh noo who is right What what you mad bro. Who has two thumbs and will be getting a Warbird This guy.

But that is beneath me, and it should be for you.;)
    GwaoHAD.png
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Firstly, I'm very happy there a major expansion in STO.

But lets just see what it looks like when its actually released. Are you going to be one of those players complaining about lack of content if there are huge holes?
  • mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Although I was expecting them to release the romulan faction, I did not call that it would be the may update.

Bravo to cryptic :)
  • jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited March 2013

You think we're going to get a whole 12% of the player base? Loving your optimism!
  • meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2013

LOL! In your face!!

To all the yessayers who buy into every thing Cryptic announces;

I'll believe it when I see it.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is all a bit childish.

I was right, you were wrong, neener neener!
    EnYn9p9.jpg