test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MegaCon 2013

v4liancev4liance Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Heading to MegaCon in Orlando this weekend? Read more to learn about how you can obtain a special in-game Duty Officer and character title for attending.

Click here to read more.
Post edited by v4liance on

Comments

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Looks like someone stole Brandon's post:rolleyes:.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    v4liance wrote: »
    Heading to MegaCon in Orlando this weekend? Read more to learn about how you can obtain a special in-game Duty Officer and character title for attending.

Click here to read more.

Can we get a duty officer for going to the grocery store? Maybe something less than 3,000 miles? :D
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,318 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Attending would require me travelling half-way around the world - something which I've heard can take 40 days.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can we get a duty officer for going to the grocery store? Maybe something less than 3,000 miles? :D

Only if the grocer is a fellow Vulcan. ;)
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Looks like someone stole Brandon's post:rolleyes:.

Brandon is on annual leave...
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    {sigh} and the odds of STO ever attending a convention anywhere near the Metro Detroit area signify that I'll probably never get a Holo-Leeta :(

We do have conventions around here... I'd be happy to provide a list of appropriate venues...
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »
    {sigh} and the odds of STO ever attending a convention anywhere near the Metro Detroit area signify that I'll probably never get a Holo-Leeta :(

We do have conventions around here... I'd be happy to provide a list of appropriate venues...

Maybe they will make it to this one Bluegeek:

Creation Entertainment's
    Official STAR TREK Convention

CHICAGO, IL
    Friday, Saturday and Sunday
    May 31 - June 2, 2013

THE WESTIN O'HARE
    6100 North River Road
    Rosemont, Illinois 60018

https://www.creationent.com/cal/stchi.htm
    This one looks like one of the best ones this year with most of the STTNG and DS9 crews.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • ktetchktetch Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Or if you're going to do a con-tie in, how about one of the bigger ones. Like Dragoncon, which not only has an MMO track, but also a Star Trek Track, run by Garrett "Harry Kim" Wang.

And a 50,000 attendee convention would probably be a better marketing chance too.

(And I don't say that because I work on the Con (EFF track), and have done panels on the EFF, Science, British Media and Robotics tracks)
  • rustybladesrustyblades Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well you can always drown your sorrows by making a fed Bolhedar and jump around star dock for a few minutes.
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    walshicus wrote: »
    Brandon is on annual leave...

He must be Denobulan. Having his annual hibernation cycle.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »

I can top you; I *LIVE* in Orlando, and may still not be able to make it to this, as I've got to work.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • dauntlessf05dauntlessf05 Member Posts: 268 Media Corps
    edited March 2013
    Why is it there is only things offered for the ____-Con's that take place in US? What about Canada or other countries? I attended Comic Con that took place in Toronto March 9th and 10th. The entire cast of TNG was there, but not a single **** was given about that. No love for Canada I guess...

On a side note, while I was at Comic Con, I met Patrick Stewart and Brent Spiner. Best weekend ever!
    Check out my STO Cinematic Videos: ZEFilms Youtube Channel
    Follow me on Twitter: @ZEFilms_STO
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Why is it there is only things offered for the ____-Con's that take place in US? What about Canada or other countries? I attended Comic Con that took place in Toronto March 9th and 10th. The entire cast of TNG was there, but not a single **** was given about that. No love for Canada I guess...

On a side note, while I was at Comic Con, I met Patrick Stewart and Brent Spiner. Best weekend ever!

I don't know the manner in which they choose the conventions on which they offer these specials, maybe ones that Cryptic has representatives on?
    However, they don't limit this only for conventions in the US, this was availible at the London convention in the UK if I remember correctly.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

It's hilarious that when TNG started people were worried Stewart was too old for the role. Now 3000 years later he looks almost exactly the same.

I think he was just born 50.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • captainlangcaptainlang Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ok went to megacon , took some pictures , had a good time, sumited the photos and nothing. What gives ???
    edited March 2013
    Ok went to megacon , took some pictures , had a good time, sumited the photos and nothing. What gives ???

What gives is the person who works Monday through Friday who will give you the shiny. :)

Be patient. :)
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited March 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    What gives is the person who works Monday through Friday who will give you the shiny. :)

Be patient. :)

---^ I'm back in tomorrow and will send them out.

Also, from the blog: Tweets and Messages will be replied to during the week of March 18th.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • cotp0maurafeycotp0maurafey Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I check the forums maybe once a week. But jeez, a big even like this, with goodies to get for your gamers? Where's the advert banner starting in February, when I log into STO to get ready for the MegaCon that is a month later? 5 days notice is not possible.

Help us out, throw us a bone, put such cool events in big bold letters up front and well in advance please!
    Covenant of the Phoenix - Fed | Covenant of the Phoenix - KDF www.cotp.info

“What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite.” —Bertrand Russell
  • ussfuryussfury Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Will you guys be doing this again for other cons? And can you post a schedule?
    edited March 2013
    Messages and Tweets that I received have been responded to and codes have been sent out :)
    ussfury wrote: »
    Will you guys be doing this again for other cons? And can you post a schedule?

We sure will be. Here is a list of the official Star Trek cons that will offer this promotion*: http://www.startrek.com/upcoming_events

We may also offer this promo for other cons where Star Trek will have a large presence, like we did for MegaCon and Grand Slam.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

*Subject to change, of course.
    edited March 2013
    Oooh, there you go, folks:

April 25, 2013
    Star Trek: Next Generation-Best Of Both Worlds
    A one-night-only, in-theatre celebration around the country. Click more info for a theatre near you.

That one's accessible to everybody in the US, and many folks in Canada.
    edited March 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Oooh, there you go, folks:

April 25, 2013
    Star Trek: Next Generation-Best Of Both Worlds
    A one-night-only, in-theatre celebration around the country. Click more info for a theatre near you.

That one's accessible to everybody in athe US, and many folks in Canada.

Not a con :) The promo will be offered for convention attendance as the reward includes the "Convention Veteran" title, so movie events don't count, unfortunately.

That also wasn't on the list yesterday when I linked it lol. It's why there is a *subject to change.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • ussfuryussfury Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ouch, I'll have to wait until November. But at least I can get one.

You know, the Cryptic offices are WAY closer to me. Can I just send a pic of me outside the building?

Heck, I can grab one while waiting in the traffic on the way to the "Festival of Lights" at Vasona park.