test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

fleets

salem1574salem1574 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
I am curious about how many fleets have a disengaged fleet admiral supposedly in charge?

By disengaged I don?t mean not occupied by real life time issues, but too interested in other games to be bothered with the running of a STO fleet.

In other words you thought you joined a Starfleet fleet instead you find it?s a gammers guild with a serious case ADHD..
Post edited by salem1574 on

Comments

• blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I just found out about these multi game guilds the other day when a member joined our fleet.

He might be from your fleet had the same story and said it was dead.

KDF and FED mega fleets herevif you need a safe haven everything is voluntary.
    download.jpg
  • salem1574salem1574 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I just found out about these multi game guilds the other day when a member joined our fleet.

He might be from your fleet had the same story and said it was dead.

KDF and FED mega fleets herevif you need a safe haven everything is voluntary.

Quite possible. Multi game fleets are a recipe for failure, dissatisfaction and neglect.
  • jedispartan4845jedispartan4845 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    your best bet to avoid a MGG Leader is join a Fleet that is all Star Trek, only one that pops into my head is the UFP.
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Which is why the experienced leader always puts dependable people in charge when he goes to another game. No matter how good however, a leader should restrict themselves to no more than 3 guilds at the same time, because the effort required is an exhaustive drain, even if they're a no-lifer. I like Star Trek very much and lead the guild I founded here, 'XTERNITY', with 4 other equal leaders; but the guilds I founded in other MMO's like RS, continue to thrive thanks to the dedication I put into building them, the same dedication I bring to ST. Such actively prospering guilds are an asset to any game they're in by establishing large friendships. They keep players returning and enjoying the game longer, in turn making the game last longer than they might otherwise.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    salem1574 wrote: »
    Quite possible. Multi game fleets are a recipe for failure, dissatisfaction and neglect.

Not necessarily. It all depends on how the fleet has their structure set up. My own fleet is multi-game and we do quite well.

For example, I am not the overall founder and leader of my little gaming community, however I am the STO chapter lead. We have different chapter leads in each game that our community plays. So we have chapter leads in STO, CO, NW (when the game launches), GW2, Tera, and some others I'm sure I'm forgetting. Our Chief hops around from each of the games once in a while to check on stuff, but he's a cool guy and lets each chapter run themselves as they see fit. We also made a custom channel to chat on when we play Cryptic games, since all Cryptic games share the same chat server and we can talk with everyone no matter which game they happen to be playing. I have no doubt that there are some badly set up multi-game fleets out there, but it really comes down to how each one is set to run.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    Which is why the experienced leader always puts dependable people in charge when he goes to another game. No matter how good however, a leader should restrict themselves to no more than 3 guilds at the same time, because the effort required is an exhaustive drain, even if they're a no-lifer. I like Star Trek very much and lead the guild I founded here, 'XTERNITY', with 4 other equal leaders; but the guilds I founded in other MMO's like RS, continue to thrive thanks to the dedication I put into building them, the same dedication I bring to ST. Such actively prospering guilds are an asset to any game they're in by establishing large friendships. They keep players returning and enjoying the game longer, in turn making the game last longer than they might otherwise.

Wow is this FREE advertising?...talk about being altrusitic...For real there are lots of GOOD leaders out there...just look around and talk to them to get your OWN unbiased opinion. :D
    DUwNP.gif

• xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow is this FREE advertising?...talk about being altrusitic...For real there are lots of GOOD leaders out there...just look around and talk to them to get your OWN unbiased opinion. :D

Indeed, which is why I said there are such types of guilds/fleets around. That is me being polite, which I have not seen in 99% of other cases involving other encounters with self-absorbed fleets. Fact is, everyone wants theirs to be best or thinks they are, the rest be damned. Makes for thoroughly nasty competition if you ask me, with the players paying the price. Though I don't believe it will be included, I advocate any measure that will allow fleets to ally for greater community unity. Until then, I will build our fleet as a free place for longterm players to call home and leave our doors open for alliance with any fleet who needs a friend.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well if you are a looking for a self less and altruistic leadership...look no further (click on my signature) to find out about a good fleet where leadership is ENGAGED and there's no drama (at least we try to actively mitigate it)....It was mentioned free ads...so there :D
    DUwNP.gif

• nx420nx420 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    salem1574 wrote: »
    Multi game fleets are a recipe for failure, dissatisfaction and neglect.

Um ... nope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]