test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I Don't Get Assignment: Rescue Caitian Hostage from Ferasa

tarrennistarrennis Member Posts: 166 Arc User
I completed 9 of 10. 10 of 10 came up, but I could not do it at the time. It has not come up since. Will it come up again? Assignment: Rescue Caitian Hostage from Ferasa 10 of 10
Post edited by tarrennis on

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    unless you already completed it, it should pop up at random eventually.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Have you tried checking the tactical assignments from the console in your ready room? I just got it yesterday doing that; after spending hours wandering around Cardassian space hoping it would just pop up randomly.
  • pakledleaderpakledleader Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've tried all of these suggestions and the assignment is nowhere to be found. So the consensus is that these assignments show up at random?

That seems a bit counterproductive.
  • adeonhawkwoodadeonhawkwood Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ALL Doff assignments show up at random. Chain missions in particular can be somewhat tricky to find although it used to be a lot worse (a while back they revamped it so that chain missions have a higher than normal chance to appear). Keep checking both in sector and with your Tactical BOff and sooner or later you'll get it. If I recall correctly it shows up in the Cardassian, Defari and Klingon sectors so doing a quick pass through those nine zones and checking both sector and tactical is the best way to find it.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Do we get a caitian doff on crit? :D
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • adeonhawkwoodadeonhawkwood Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You don't need to crit. Flight Officer Liow'an is awarded for completing the mission no matter the result (you even get him on a failure/disaster)
    http://www.stowiki.org/Flight_Officer_Liow%27an
    edited March 2013
    You don't need to crit. Flight Officer Liow'an is awarded for completing the mission no matter the result (you even get him on a failure/disaster)
    http://www.stowiki.org/Flight_Officer_Liow%27an

Oh i thought it was a repeatable mission i didn't heard of. Sorry.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It DOES unlock a repeatable called Caitian Field Flight deck training(or something like that). It's a rather good mission in that it gives a doff and has a quality based payout instead of requiring a crit. But like Hamlet it's got a steep requirement. 3 purples with 1-2 crit traits each does not guarantee that you'll get a doff. It helps, IIRC it reduces the odds of no officer to around 25%.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    you will get the step 10 from the assignment chain, important is to travel often through the sectors as much as you can.Check the stowiki map http://www.stowiki.org/Assignment:_Rescue_Caitian_Hostage_from_Ferasa , you'll get it from the gamma quadrant area : beta ursae,alpha trianguli, zeta andromedae...keep searching the artifact mission in this area and you'll find this assignment too ;)

Once you got your Liow'an purple doff reward, use it next time on the repeatable unlocked.
    Every time you get new flight deck officers rewarded from this repeatable, use them in the same assignment, it will increase the chances for critical very good because the rewarded doffs meets/have the required traits :rolleyes: (because it's a race specific assignment) this is how i got 4 purple flight deck officers :D in time .
    If you got the repeatable assignment and you want to speed up the chance to get better doffs, buy a purple caitian flight deck officer from exchange (they should be cheap) and use him with Liow'an.

Same thing applies to KDF players with http://www.stowiki.org/Assignment:_Blockade_Caitian_Detention_Facility 10/10 for the Ferasan chain.

We all are wondering why we don't get an assignment spawn in our list if the assignment is not bugged and others completed it ? Well ,from over 200 assignments with Uncommon rarity for example, the chances/probability to get the wanted assignment from the 200 uncommon doff missions pool, in your list becomes very low. More lower if more assignments of same rarity are added to game patches every week, unless that specific assignment has set a "top prority" by the STO game developers.. it's logical .
    Example 2:
    I have created mods(scenarios) for the Ubisoft' Anno 1404 Venice game and when i set to random probability
    for an item to become available on a npc shop with 3 item rooms available , the probability to get that item created by me (guide how to add and modify the drop rates probabilities) from a 71 items pool was very very low, so i had to set a top prority to "C" from the A-F probability scale and reduce the items amount from 71 to ~50 in that pool..
    This is an example how the pools works in games for quests or items received,even for the console crafting in this game.

Have fun and good luck .
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
    edited March 2013
    It DOES unlock a repeatable called Caitian Field Flight deck training(or something like that). It's a rather good mission in that it gives a doff and has a quality based payout instead of requiring a crit. But like Hamlet it's got a steep requirement. 3 purples with 1-2 crit traits each does not guarantee that you'll get a doff. It helps, IIRC it reduces the odds of no officer to around 25%.

I run the repeatable fairly often. I was just wondering if there was another caitian recruitment i didn't know of. But thanks for the reminder. :D
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • lucianalexanderlucianalexander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    capnmanx wrote: »
    Have you tried checking the tactical assignments from the console in your ready room? I just got it yesterday doing that; after spending hours wandering around Cardassian space hoping it would just pop up randomly.

OMG I have spent the better part of a week zipping around from sector to sector hoping for it to pop up, I didn't even think to check the Captain's ready room computer. Thank you so much for posting this, you saved me a ton of aggravation.