test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dodge question.

edwarlordedwarlord Member Posts: 120 Arc User
I thought dodge allows the character to avoid damage but it just negates some of the damage. So...

Is Dodge basically damage resistance just renamed :confused:
Post edited by edwarlord on

Comments

• Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I don't know huge amounts about ground stuff, so this might be wrong:

Dodge is kind of a 'glancing hit' as it were. It isn't damage resistance, though it will help improve your survivability a lot.

When you 'dodge' a hit, the damage is automatically reduced by 50% (I think), before resists. After the dodge, it hits shields (if applicable) including their resistance, then hits your health/bleedthrough, also taking into consideration your resistances as well.

Now dodge percentage is not how much damage you will dodge, but how often it will happen. If nothing else, merely crouching is a guaranteed 50% dodge. Add in other stuff like the Omega shield, Gambling Device, etc, and you have a tremendous amount of dodge, which can make a BIG difference.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    When I first read the title, I was going to recommend you go with a Toyota instead... ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    When I first read the title, I was going to recommend you go with a Toyota instead... ;)

Lmao! Japanese and American vehicles... bleh! European cars are where its at :cool:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »
    I don't know huge amounts about ground stuff, so this might be wrong:

Dodge is kind of a 'glancing hit' as it were. It isn't damage resistance, though it will help improve your survivability a lot.

When you 'dodge' a hit, the damage is automatically reduced by 50% (I think), before resists. After the dodge, it hits shields (if applicable) including their resistance, then hits your health/bleedthrough, also taking into consideration your resistances as well.

Now dodge percentage is not how much damage you will dodge, but how often it will happen. If nothing else, merely crouching is a guaranteed 50% dodge. Add in other stuff like the Omega shield, Gambling Device, etc, and you have a tremendous amount of dodge, which can make a BIG difference.

Ah. Thanks. There is no where on STOwiki explaining this mechanic.