test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

About BOFF Training

astimingpyleastimingpyle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in The Academy
So I decided to do a little BOFF training and change some skills my BoFFs had. What I didn't realize is, when you change skills, you lose the skill points the old skills had. Your new skills start off at zero, and you have nothing to increase those skills with until you do missions and earn more. So, your BOFFs could potentially be under performing because of selecting new skills to replace old ones.

Is there not anyway to recover the skill points I once had for my BOFFs? Perhaps a place to go for a respec or something, and not a respec for myself, but for the BOFFs.
Post edited by astimingpyle on

Comments

• Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    nope. But its also not that hard to acquire expertise (Boff skill points) yes the amount it requires per boff to max the skill out is high...but if your running story missions its not hard to get the needed amount...planet patrols or exploration clusters also give nice amount..normally 2k+
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    vactuskasunvactuskasun Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, it doesn't take much to get your expertise back up, but it can be a pain at the start of the game. i waited until I was 40ish before I bought and trained a whole new batch of boffs. Once you get close to end game, you're drowning in expertise.
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You could also trade your Boff to a player with leftover skill points, have him spend them on your Boff and trade it back. Just make sure it's someone you can trust to give it back.
  • Options
    operations2000operations2000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You could also trade your Boff to a player with leftover skill points, have him spend them on your Boff and trade it back. Just make sure it's someone you can trust to give it back.
    I thought commissioned officers were bound?
    Is it that you can face to face trade them, but can not mail them or put them on the exchange?
  • Options
    thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Is it that you can face to face trade them, but can not mail them or put them on the exchange?

That is correct.
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    With the exception of some 'unique' BOs (e.g. Borg Science BO from KA, 600 Day Android, Reman Science BO, etc.) commissioned BOs can be exchanged in a face to face trade. All equipment must be stripped from the BO in order for this to be possible...