test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Walk around in your own ship

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I would very much like it if we could walk around in our ship instead of just pilot it. Maybe flip between piloting and walking around inside.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You CAN walk around on your ship. Hit the arrow button on the right side of the screen, right under the mini-map and choose visit bridge. You can choose a layout size and a different bridge at the ship customization screen at a starbase. :)
  • vulcanspockvulcanspock Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I had no idea I could do this until i saw your post. Thanks
  • logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Also, if you are willing to pay the c-points, they have a pretty nice reproduction of a few sections of the Defiant and TOS Enterprise interiors with TNG supposedly on its way and an eventual way to design your own with the foundry sometime in the distant future.
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I doubt any new interiors are coming anytime soon - the Devs are more concerned with Season 8 (or "A lot of new content", as phrased by someone), and hopefully fixing the urrent issues in this game.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • corbinwolf#9797 corbinwolf Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Also, if you are willing to pay the c-points, they have a pretty nice reproduction of a few sections of the Defiant and TOS Enterprise interiors with TNG supposedly on its way and an eventual way to design your own with the foundry sometime in the distant future.

I didn't know the Defiant had its own interior, other than the bridge of course?!? I have the TOS interior and love it. It's pretty cool, even your quarters is nostalgic. Just need a T5 Connie to use it in.... (I know, I know.... don't go there! :P )
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
    edited February 2013
    I didn't know the Defiant had its own interior, other than the bridge of course?!? I have the TOS interior and love it. It's pretty cool, even your quarters is nostalgic. Just need a T5 Connie to use it in.... (I know, I know.... don't go there! :P )

It does, it's called "Belfast Bridge", part of the DS9 bundle.
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As the others have mentioned, you can already visit your ship interior. However, other than special DOff assignments or private RP, there's not much else you can do, and certainly nothing like Bridge Commander.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • musealotmusealot Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've been hearing buzz for quite some time about functional bridges and the like. This has always seemed a bit unrealistic to me given the way combat flows in STO. I think and exciting alternative would be to have the upper left hand part of the HUD replace the current window with one that allows you to see your bridge interior from the point of view of the mainscreen while in combat. It is a classic Trek shot: the crew and captain sitting at stations while flames and explsions rock the ship. While this is not really anything functional it lends a certain flavor to the game and addresses the bridge emersive experience that I think most players are asking for.
    edited March 2013
    I think that sort of arrangement will impede combat ability. There's not enough room in the HUD to start with, I don't want more clutter.

However, the Bridge Commander approach - hit spacebar for the bridge view - would work very nicely in this game. No Saffi Larsen = I'm happy.
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Twin screens. One side is the bridge view, with the current HUD screen on the other side. As a bonus, the viewscreen in the bridge view mirrors your HUD without the controls.

And yeah, only those with bleeding edge quad-cores and graphics cards need apply. ;)
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's back!! The thread that wouldn't die.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm surprised it wasn't locked after the first almost-2-year necro. Incidentally, I think I wrote post #2 in this thread. :P

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.