test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I have a feeling this is the last time for Bug Ship

born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
As we move into the big update for May - really bring in the new Romulan faction - or more of the ground work for the faction later this year - I suspect this is the last chance for the Jem Bug to go on sale.

It's this time and it's gone i think.

So If your going to get one - now is the last time. I going to get one and hold on to it - unpacked.
Post edited by born2bwild1 on

Comments

• canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Nah. I think the Bug Ship's going to return every time they get ready to retire a DOFF pack. They did it with the Gamma Quadrant DOFF Pack, they did it with the last one, and I think this makes three for three now doesn't it?

So yeah, I figure they'll pull it out every-time a DOFF pack finishes its run, even if they do eventually end up cycling through old DOFF packs from time to time.
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    canis36 wrote: »
    Nah. I think the Bug Ship's going to return every time they get ready to retire a DOFF pack. They did it with the Gamma Quadrant DOFF Pack, they did it with the last one, and I think this makes three for three now doesn't it?

So yeah, I figure they'll pull it out every-time a DOFF pack finishes its run, even if they do eventually end up cycling through old DOFF packs from time to time.

I think this one was done just because of all the people who bought the Jem Carriers and want the Jem Bug pets. The last one retired was the Gamma I believe.

This one is a special case I think. It makes sense as it will make them tons and tons of money with all the Jem carriers out there.

After this I don't think it will happen again - and if it does - not this year at least.
  • viper40wattviper40watt Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have a feeling you're wrong.

They'll keep bringing it back as long as people keep buying it. And once that point is reached, they'll just throw it up on the C-Store/Lobi store to wring a few more sales out of it.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think this one was done - just because of all the people who bought the Jem Carriers and want the Jem Bug pets.

This one is a special case I think. It makes sense as it will make them tons and tons of money with all the Jem carriers out there.

After this I don't think it will happen again - and if it does - not this year at least.

Uh.... you honestly think that Cryptic isn't going to bring back the most powerful ship in the whole game? Are you serious?
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The Bug Ship is their blank cheque when they need a bit of cash. It's not going away.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Uh.... you honestly think that Cryptic isn't going to bring back the most powerful ship in the whole game? Are you serious?

You could be right but with all the things coming up later this year - i think this is definitly the last time until 2014
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Rolling out the gimmick ships once a year would be fine with me. You're always going to have enough player turnover to make that worthwhile. More than likely they do it twice a year though.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    canis36 wrote: »

This^ people want them, and are willing to spend a lot to get them. They might rotate them in less often in the future, but they'll still do it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • mcconnamcconna Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As long as they can get money off of it, you'll keep seeing it. lol
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I see no evidence that they will stop using the Bug as a neat source of cash. Wait a few months for a whole new generation of players to fantasize about this mythical vessel, and then re-re-rerelease it and watch them go scrambling for the zen.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Someone blew 20,000 ZEN on doff packs today over a year after it launched.

Nice attempt to ramp up demand for the 3 bug ships you got earlier, 2 of which you probably have on the Exchange ;)

Oh, and in case you're wondering, Mr. 20000 came away with the standard Cryptic prize of a middle finger.

Also, if you're still playing the lockbox/doff pack lotto scam at this point in STO, you have nobody to blame but yourself.
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm sure he got a lot more than just "the bird"....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Someone blew 20,000 ZEN on doff packs today over a year after it launched.

Nice attempt to ramp up demand for the 3 bug ships you got earlier, 2 of which you probably have on the Exchange ;)

Oh, and in case you're wondering, Mr. 20000 came away with the standard Cryptic prize of a middle finger.

Also, if you're still playing the lockbox/doff pack lotto scam at this point in STO, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

._.

o_o

O_O

...Seriously?
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It will be back when they see player/ship ration below a certain limit.
    Now imagine, when and if they bring some more powerful ship after 5 years :D
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cradiacradia Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It will return just like the past seasons special event to grab the rare rewards like the breen officer or the ophidian cain.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You could be right but with all the things coming up later this year - i think this is definitly the last time until 2014

We have no idea what's coming this year, what are you talking about ... pretty sure between Season 8 and 9 will be some kind of content-drought, so why not bring back the Jem-Ship back between ~May and ~December ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Someone blew 20,000 ZEN on doff packs today
    I wonder what they're going to do with all that money. @_@

I'm picturing Dan using it to purchase a litter (if he hasn't already) that he'll have the interns hall him around in.
  • inosaskainosaska Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's really obvious that this event is being done to pay off people that worked on the Romulan Faction over these couple of years. I could care less I had dilithium bought zen had enough 4 packs got 1 purple item to sell for some nice money and that's it didn't pay a dime.

EDIT: Btw it was not the bug ship it was ship equipment that I don't remember exactly what it was though but hope it sold by now.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    inosaska wrote: »
    It's really obvious that this event is being done to pay off people that worked on the Romulan Faction over these couple of years. I could care less I had dilithium bought zen had enough 4 packs got 1 purple item to sell for some nice money and that's it didn't pay a dime.

EDIT: Btw it was not the bug ship it was ship equipment that I don't remember exactly what it was though but hope it sold by now.

This event happened before and will happen again ... I guess if someone is gonna TRIBBLE within the next week, it's because of Romulans as well ... "It smells bad in here ... thats obviously evidence of all that pressure caused by upcoming Romulans"
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    inosaska wrote: »
    It's really obvious that this event is being done to pay off people that worked on the Romulan Faction over these couple of years.

Um... no, it's not obvious at all.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • inosaskainosaska Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was right on the teaser for Diablo 3 and I bet I will be right again because these pictures they keep releasing smell a lot like Romulan Faction to me.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I dont think they will ever get rid of any of these ships. not everyone plays the game from the start. you always have new players who come in and i think they will want them to have a chance to get them, as well as older players who missed out.

i see no logical reason for them to retire these ships unless they stop making money, which does not seem to be the case.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ._.

o_o

O_O

...Seriously?

Plus, he only did it to get the bug ship for the bug pets to go with his Dreadnought :rolleyes:

Yes, REALLY.....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I dont think they will ever get rid of any of these ships. not everyone plays the game from the start. you always have new victims who come in and i think they will want them to have a chance to get them, as well as older victims who missed out.

i see no logical reason for them to retire these ships unless they stop making money, which does not seem to be the case.

Fixed that for you ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What I have learned from lock boxes:

1) If I am determined to have a particular lock box ship, the best route to go is to sell keys on the exchange, and buy the ship from the proceeds. That way you know exactly what it will cost, and whether or not you're willing to pay that amount. This of course relies on a goodly number of people not doing this, so the ships will be on the exchange.

2) Open lock boxes only if you are willing to accept the guaranteed content as a fair return on the cost of the key.

3) You might get lucky, but you probably won't.
  • momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If it's profitable, they won't stop doing it. Period. So, fear not! You will always have new chances to gamble ridiculous sums of money on a comically overpowered minor ship of a minor enemy species. o/
    edited March 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Hope it's not the last time - am always quite amused when another oportunity to obtain a popular ship via DOFF pack (or whatever) - takes the emphasis off the obscene-priced exchange sale ones.

What you find $300 US dollars for a virtual item which you don't own and is limited to one character - "obscence"

Obviously most other players live in a different world judging by the success of the ship/pack/promo