test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Proposal for an alternate Tier 1 ship

davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Klingon Discussion
In addition to the Nausicaan, Gorn, and Orion frigates, I propose another light crusier for the KDF with a distincivly Klingon feel.

The E4 Light Cruiser from Call to Arms Star Fleet:

http://eshop.giochinvendita.it/images/product/sfklingone4_1.jpg
http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af353/marcus_brutus/2500%20Klingon/IMG_5082_1.jpg

I would recommend that the bridge module be the K't'inga, Kamarag, and K'Maj. The pylons could be foreward, straight and backswept options.
Post edited by davidwford on

Comments

• Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Legally impossible.
    ACTA-SF is produced in cooperation with Mongoose Publishing but the license still lies with Amarillo Design Bureau.
    And their products are not even considered to exist in the Star Trek universe, not even by ADB itself.
    That's why you'll find the "Star Fleet Universe" logo attached to their products, because that's where they exist.
    They are not even allowed to use the Star Trek name for their games.
  • Options
    krell83stokrell83sto Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Wow that was short lived...

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Sorry to post bad news like this (okay, news from 1979).

For what it's worth we could still get a T1 D5 battlecruiser instead.
    We do know they were still in service when the Klingons got their hands on cloaking tech.
    However the same CBS rule that prevents a T5 TOS Connie might prevent a T5 D5 (that sounds weird when you say it aloud) as well.
  • Options
    keppabar42keppabar42 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm not really sure what the point of a T1 ship would be when the KDF storyline starts at tier 3. You can't even buy ships from tier 1 or 2 any more, not that that there was ever any point in doing so even when it was doable.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    keppabar42 wrote: »
    I'm not really sure what the point of a T1 ship would be when the KDF storyline starts at tier 3. You can't even buy ships from tier 1 or 2 any more, not that that there was ever any point in doing so even when it was doable.

The fact that what content the KDF will probably end up with with Season 8 supposedly contains a tutorial hints at a return of the T1 and T2 ships for new players.
    And as Geko said in a recent interview (yes he also sais stuff I can agree wth) a good tutorial keeps people playing instead of leaving in disgust.
    So I think it's a good thing for the faction even if it's rather pointless for you or me personally.:)
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Oh, I really, really want that D5!
    And if they ever make it, they better make a T5 version of it (retrofited or such.). I reckon it being the only thing that would make me step off the Bortasqu' for a while. :o

I do believe that if they ever make the D5, it will be availible at T5 as it is not implemented as design atm for the lower levels and I'd expect they'd want to make some monet out of it, so the only way that would work is to be at T5.
    HQroeLu.jpg