test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Dev Forum Participation?

rustybladesrustyblades Member Posts: 25 Arc User
When I was clicking through the various forum areas looking for some news as to why since ~1700 EDT STO wasn't connecting and found the Dev Tracking section - all 0 posts. Even SWTOR has devs still posting despite the downsizing of Bio.

Either the tracker section is broke or PW is not allowing/encouraging devs to post replies to the forum. I'll hope the dev tracker section is broke.:eek:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    When I was clicking through the various forum areas looking for some news as to why since ~1700 EDT STO wasn't connecting and found the Dev Tracking section - all 0 posts. Even SWTOR has devs still posting despite the downsizing of Bio.

Either the tracker section is broke or PW is not allowing/encouraging devs to post replies to the forum. I'll hope the dev tracker section is broke.:eek:

We have 6 Dev posts in the last 24 hours (and that's low compared to most 24 hour periods here). Compared to some MMOs, that's a fair bit of Dev participation. How much more do you want?
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    BranFlakes is on vacation this week...
    (apparently soaking up some sun on a Death.., ...I mean Cruise-ship some where.)

Which is why v4liance has been posting...

TacoFang is always dwelling somewhere in the mists (or lettuce hedges if one prefers)... :P

And the Big Boss, Dstahl posted very early this morning...
    (at least early for me on the East Coast... He's usually lurking.... ... I mean posting after midnight my time)

When Bran's away, it's always quieter around here.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • p2wsucksp2wsucks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Reading the post in addition to the thread title, it's clear the poster is wondering why the Dev Tracker section of the forums lists zero posts. It's not really about if Devs post or not.

To the OP when the forum switch occured after PWE acquired Cryptic the Dev Tracker Section along w/the old posts losing the posters' names et al were broken.
    [Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    "Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
    C&H Fed banter
  • rustybladesrustyblades Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    p2wsucks wrote: »
    Reading the post in addition to the thread title, it's clear the poster is wondering why the Dev Tracker section of the forums lists zero posts. It's not really about if Devs post or not.

To the OP when the forum switch occured after PWE acquired Cryptic the Dev Tracker Section along w/the old posts losing the posters' names et al were broken.

Whew, for a second I thought we were abandoned. Thanks. That does explain it..
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,433 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    No, it's the CO forums that are facing abandonment, not the STO forums. :)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • hachanshachans Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Here's an excellent twitter-bot keeping track of all the devs! :)

https://twitter.com/STO_DevTracker
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2013
    Bleep-Boop-Whir-Clank-Beep-Whir-BEEP!
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »

I think it's trying to communicate...Quick get some hot sauce:D
    GwaoHAD.png
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »

I am going to attempt first contact with this strange Taco based life-form using the universal greeting.

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep mini bong.
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am going to attempt first contact with this strange Taco based life-form using the universal greeting.

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep mini bong.

Chief, the energon goodies. You need the energon goodies first!
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Actually, the ability to track Dev posts were lost when the Cryptic STO forums were merged with the PWE forums (which used a different forum application)...
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Actually, the ability to track Dev posts were lost when the Cryptic STO forums were merged with the PWE forums (which used a different forum application)...

Its still there, just not as easy to track an individuals persons posts now.

if you go into the dev tracker while logged on (wont work logged off) you can still see the list of posts.

last one was by taco, one before was dstahl. one before that was jessie.
  • lcdrmillerlcdrmiller Member Posts: 47 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2013
    We are here =)
    Just really busy on the May update.
    Jeff M.
    Environment Artist on Neverwinter Online
    Find me on Twitter
  • metalkorekingmetalkoreking Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You can also subscribe to the sto dev tracker on twitter and set it to send an alert to your mobile when ever a dev posts on the forums.

Edit. I should learn to read.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • steve3dsteve3d Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lcdrmiller wrote: »
    We are here =)

really looking forward to this btw ;)
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

You'd rather game developers pissed away time on the forums during work hours instead of, you know, working on developing the game?

What bizarre priorities some of you have.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    We are here =)

Also known as Steve
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Also known as Steve
    I thought it ("The May Update") was called Alan the Cowboy?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=8496941#post8496941

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • commanderandercommanderander Member Posts: 78 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2013
    We are here =)

What he said! Wait... maybe I should be working instead of po-
    Sean "Commander Ander" McCann - Content Designer
  • alanburchalanburch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Devs....Thanks a bunch for working on the May extravaganza !!
  • tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Hehe, I have a friend whose last name is Anderer... you can guess what rank he gets in our games! 8)

btw cheers for all the dev forum participation here... cant believe you compared it to swtor, where the average tends to be about 1 post a week of ea filtered and clensed pablum. This place reminds me more of early eq days, with devs you get to know and who have a sense of humour!

This. Don't confuse lack of posting for lack of presence ;-) They're here people...and they're watching us...

*hides from devs*
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    tobar26th wrote: »
    *hides from devs*
    Sorry Tobar. There is no where to hide!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    After how many people complain here, I'm surprised that the developers are brave enough to face it.

I just hope they do not take any of the ...more 'Creative' suggestions players make to heart.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
  • meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    alanburch wrote: »
    Devs....Thanks a bunch for working on the May extravaganza !!

I reserve judgment until I actually see what's in the May update. We've heard plenty of promises of what's coming, but we haven't seen diddly as of yet.

Remember, this is Mr Stahl we're talking about. He's not exactly got the best track record for coming through with his promises.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm excited for the Romulan faction so I hope all this silence goes away after March 21st :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hatepwe wrote: »
    I'm excited for the Romulan faction so I hope all this silence goes away after March 21st :P

Might I use the "Nelson Laugh", if the March 21st "announcement" has absolutely nothing to do with a Romulan faction? :P
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Get back to work on my chang torpedoes!
  • alanburchalanburch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    meurik wrote: »
    I reserve judgment until I actually see what's in the May update. We've heard plenty of promises of what's coming, but we haven't seen diddly as of yet.

Remember, this is Mr Stahl we're talking about. He's not exactly got the best track record for coming through with his promises.

haha > Will poor Stahl ever get over his "stall" reputation? lol ... poor guy.

I'm confident we'll at least have more Reputation Quests and most seem to be enjoying the first two.