test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Some Will Fall (talking about players?)

redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
All this talk of RSE faction and the like scares me tbh. I am so afraid that so many of you, players, are getting hopes so high it may be crushed so hard even in 10 days. Hell, I would love a rom full faction more than the next person but I am not holding my breath until i can set my eyes on an actual set of patch notes saying so.

I am more of a KDF supporter and wish strongly this faction being totally finish. There has been a lot of deceptions, let downs and loss of players on how the red side was treated, even Dan recognized the poor management of the KDF.

All I am saying, be happy it will be romulan themed and focus on what may be your favorite race. Just think of a potential faction as a nice cherry on the cake....

Let's see March 20th I suppose and hope most of us find something fun in the new content...

Qa'pla/Jolan Tru
Server not responding (1701 s)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,866 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same could be said about all of the people on their soap boxes claiming that a Romulan faction could never or even would never happen...
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Same could be said about all of the people on their soap boxes claiming that a Romulan faction could never or even would never happen...

Yeah, but who would be more upset? The one saying no faction and there is one anyway, which will not disrupt their game by much or the one who just swear there will be a faction and are so persuaded it will be happen in May and none shows up?

Again, I wish for a RSE "full" faction while also completing KDF, but I am not edging my savings on it.
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well i think it should be obvious "Some will fall" and "Our shadows will dim the stars" isn't really promoting a third faction ... but some major power invading (Iconians, Sela or evil Romulan Space Bunnies), not an equal 3rd faction ... so if there's gonna be a Romulan Faction it will have nothing to do with the Teaser anyway, and is just gonna be some "side effect" ... just hard to imagine a possible Mini Faction is gonna dim the stars or bring down lots of other Captains ...

So if someone's Hype is just based on these Teasers, they should stop by now ... if Cryptic would have wanted to keep the "Romulan Dream" going they should have sticked with the first one, or something like "Our shadows will be seen in PVP" or "Some will have to buy a new character slot" :P

Thats like promoting Fed C-Store Ships with "It will blow up Qo'nos" ... it's a little too much for "just" a new faction
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • willdekaywilldekay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think the teaser is fun. It's designed to drum up speculation and encourage your attendence to the coming events. People get so caught up on what they want, they forget to just enjoy the ride.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    willdekay wrote: »
    I think the teaser is fun. It's designed to drum up speculation and encourage your attendence to the coming events. People get so caught up on what they want, they forget to just enjoy the ride.

As a fan since 1969, I have to ask, when have a majority of Star Trek fans EVER decided to just 'enjoy the ride'? Even since even before ST:TMP that fanbase latches on to, and over analyzes rumors to the point most have formed opinions (good or bad) BEFORE a new movie (or back in the day, a high profile TV episode or cliffhanger) is released.

Why should new Star Trek MMO content be any different? ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    if it was a new faction, i woulda guessed there would have be a lot of testing involved,

My guess is this is more likely just a Featured Episode, or maybe a prelude to the next season which is too big to be a season..
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well i think it should be obvious "Some will fall" and "Our shadows will dim the stars" isn't really promoting a third faction ...

You wish:D

Your guess as good as anyone else but definetely will be bigger than any new season patch we've seen before. I'm still hoping its a 3rd faction but who knows...not betting much in it and can go either way...for sure don't think it will be another romulan expansion like new romulus since we are already tired of that and dont think they would be spending so much time hyping something just for a new series....:cool:
    DUwNP.gif

• erockererocker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Some will fall most likely means what's left of the Klingon faction. I'm joking of course, but it is realistic it could happen if everyone wants to play as a Rommie for a while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well i think it should be obvious "Some will fall" and "Our shadows will dim the stars" isn't really promoting a third faction ... but some major power invading (Iconians, Sela or evil Romulan Space Bunnies), not an equal 3rd faction

go to Vulcan and there is a little quest where you decipher a threatening letter to the Romulan ambassador, and it is 100% unavoidable that "march beneath the Raptor's wings" is a direct reference to the Romulans. It's not even inference, it is explicitly stated.

ps--can someone explain how Romulus is gone but Vulcan isnt
  • drudgydrudgy Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    go to Vulcan and there is a little quest where you decipher a threatening letter to the Romulan ambassador, and it is 100% unavoidable that "march beneath the Raptor's wings" is a direct reference to the Romulans. It's not even inference, it is explicitly stated.

Romulus was destroyed in the "Prime Universe" while Vulcan was destroyed in the "Alternate Universe".

Basically without going into a long scientific discussion, If you go back in time, the current timeline continues, but your actions in the past create a "diversion" and another timeline is created.
    f3wrLS.jpg
    edited March 2013

Last time i checked Sela i.E. is Romulan and Denise Crosby is coming back for more VO ... of course there is no doubt May is gonna be about Romulans IN SOME WAY (Quote Dstahl) ... but since the Return of Sela is pretty obvious I'm gonna go with this instead of some mystery faction ...

If the third faction is really capable of dimming stars on the other hand ... EVERYONE is gonna play them, while Feds and KDFs are gonna be extinct :P
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If the third faction is really capable of dimming stars on the other hand ... EVERYONE is gonna play them, while Feds and KDFs are gonna be extinct :P
    Assuming the game does have 2 million players, if a Rom Faction is released the stars will dim as they'll be blocked by all the Rom ships flying around. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited March 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Assuming the game does have 2 million players, if a Rom Faction is released the stars will dim as they'll be blocked by all the Rom ships flying around. :)

Haven't seen any Holiday Promos saying "Our Breen Ships will dim the stars" though :P
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited March 2013
    I think it's a typo.
    It's supposed to be "Some Will Fill" referring to the impeding release of two new classes: The Starfleet and Klingon Corps of Engineers. That's right folks, a brand new class where you can occupy your time filling potholes on the streets of New Romulus!
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Haven't seen any Holiday Promos saying "Our Breen Ships will dim the stars" though :P
    Breen was Lockbox - meaning only a small percentage of players who spent money on them got them. I assume a Romulan Faction will be C-Store - meaning everyone who spends money on them has access to them. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Breen was Lockbox - meaning only a small percentage of players who spent money on them got them. I assume a Romulan Faction will be C-Store - meaning everyone who spends money on them has access to them. :)

Breen ship wasn't lockbox, it was the holiday event "giveaway" for running that stupid race every day. And it they did kinda dim the stars for a few weeks in december.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    honestly - if there is no RSE faction in may, i am gonna .. watch all the series again, that means .. the austrian economy will probably fail in a month or so..

and also, it will be a big personal tragedy.. yeah ..
    edited March 2013

If a Romulan Faction is based on Ice Skating for less than an hour they better keep it to themselves :P
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    when have a majority of Star Trek fans EVER decided to just 'enjoy the ride'?

I'd say most recently, two major things:

1- Netflix Instant carrying all the series. I mean hell yeah right? We can now enjoy the complete ride. Or enjoy our favorite parts of the ride. KA BOOM!

2- The recent blu ray updates to TNG, being shown at Regal theaters. That's totally been an enjoy the ride experience for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited March 2013

What? with the resources they have admitted to having there is zero - and I mean zero possibility of adding a third faction at this point. Such an undertaking is not a simple task and would require much more than they have at present to be devoted to doing it just to get it off the ground. Look how little gets released at every update as it is. There is no 'soapbox' there is only common sense. Its not a claim, its a fact

nobody said it wasn't romulan related
  • lakenoplakenop Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What? with the resources they have admitted to having there is zero - and I mean zero possibility of adding a third faction at this point. Such an undertaking is not a simple task and would require much more than they have at present to be devoted to doing it just to get it off the ground. Look how little gets released at every update as it is. There is no 'soapbox' there is only common sense. Its not a claim, its a fact

nobody said it wasn't romulan related

Are you actually in their office ? They recently took a influx people into their staff. How would you know what is going down . Whos to say that they have not worked on this for a while . We simply have no proof one way or another. We just wont know untill the Countdown is down to 0 .
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Almost every update or season so far has added or changed "systems" or "how things work" in the game. And then there was some pretty graphics added for our enjoyment.

What system changes are they planning on for May besides to the character creator? Anything at all that would require months of coding, testing, recoding, testing, debugging, testing, beta, testing, release?

Or are they merely working on updated graphics, new costumes, new ships, new missions, new FEs, new STFs?

System changes take time to do. Using "finished and working" systems while throwing a few graphical changes at them does not take anywhere near as long as the system changes do.

And who is to say that some of the future playable Romulan faction assets have not already been completed and are ready to be added to the game?