test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Buying excelsior retrofit gives you discount to fleet variant?

apple1988apple1988 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
edited March 2013 in The Academy
Hi all,

Im thinking of getting Excelsior fleet variant, so i was thinking if i get the Zen store one for 2000 Zen. Will it gives me a discount? for example instead of needing 5 module i only need 1/2 ?

can some one confirm this for me ? Does this also apply for the
Fleet assault cruiser > Regent class

Thanks ~
Post edited by apple1988 on

Comments

• Options
    xaavro81xaavro81 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If you buy the retrofit version, the fleet one will only cost 1 module.

C ya
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    xaavro81 wrote: »
    If you buy the retrofit version, the fleet one will only cost 1 module.

C ya

thanks for the reply does it also apply for the fleet assault cruiser > assault cruiser: regent class
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    apple1988 wrote: »
    thanks for the reply does it also apply for the fleet assault cruiser > assault cruiser: regent class

yes...you actually have access to a T5 shipyard?
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    fletch246xxxfletch246xxx Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    apple1988 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Im thinking of getting Excelsior fleet variant, so i was thinking if i get the Zen store one for 2000 Zen. Will it gives me a discount? for example instead of needing 5 module i only need 1/2 ?

can some one confirm this for me ? Does this also apply for the
    Fleet assault cruiser > Regent class

Thanks ~

Post if this works for you

I recently tried this and the price stayed at 5 modules. I own the Excelsior retrofit but not the lower level Excelsior. A fleet mate suggested maybe it is the lower level ship that triggers the discount
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Post if this works for you

I recently tried this and the price stayed at 5 modules. I own the Excelsior retrofit but not the lower level Excelsior. A fleet mate suggested maybe it is the lower level ship that triggers the discount

Hmm, so no real confirm hmm why did they poster up say it could.. thats kinda mean..if it's not true.

So i have to own both excelsior ships ? from the zen store? hm i wonder if PW-staff will respond to this question.
    baudl wrote: »
    yes...you actually have access to a T5 shipyard?

yes

Can anymore people confirm this? or a GM/mod ?
  • Options
    xaavro81xaavro81 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I ONLY own the retrofit version and for me the price was 1 module.
    I confirm it.

Don't know why you can't buy it for one, maybe it's a bug.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    xaavro81 wrote: »
    I ONLY own the retrofit version and for me the price was 1 module.
    I confirm it.

Don't know why you can't buy it for one, maybe it's a bug.

Maybe it is a bug. I bought my Excelsior way back when they first came out, before fleets etc. Not sure why that would make a difference except my IT experience tells me sometimes pre-existing conditions will not carry over properly :)

The good news is the Excelsior-R is a great ship anyway. If you buy it it is not a waste
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    well thanks all for your advise i'll buy and see how things go, if not i will contact support ^^ thanks all ~~
  • Options
    seekerkorhilseekerkorhil Member Posts: 472
    edited March 2013
    When the fleet version was released the devs made a post saying they were aware of this issue. Apparently if the discount isnt showing up you can discharge your excelsior and claim it again to fix that problem.

Yey workarounds! For when they cant be bothered to fix problems.
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It was previously stated that if the discount doesnt show up, you will need to reclaim the ship from the store on the affected toon, it is not enough for the account to own it. Just do a sesrch on PWEBranflakes about 3-4 months ago for the post.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    erockererocker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Wasn't this supposed to work for previous ship skins you bought as well? I purchased the Maelstrom class a while back and it will still cost me the maximum amount of fleet modules for the fleet variant. Several GM requests/bug reports and nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    When the fleet version was released the devs made a post saying they were aware of this issue. Apparently if the discount isnt showing up you can discharge your excelsior and claim it again to fix that problem.

Yey workarounds! For when they cant be bothered to fix problems.

Thanks for this. I did this and it worked like a charm :)

Sorry for scaring you OP :o
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yep, the Fleet versions of ALL c-store ships apparently only require a SINGLE (1) Fleet Ship Module plus fleet credits to get.

And yes, you may possibly have to claim the c-store ship first before snagging the fleet version...

Be sure to grab you c-store ship's special modules/weapons before you discharge it though if your a little low on ship slots.

Khemaraa sends.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    pointedearspointedears Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Not read whole thread but be aware.

There is (or was a bug don't know if it got fixed) where if you had the Belfast bridge active on the non fleet retrofit defiant, then swapped ships to the fleet defiant retrofit, the Belfast bridge wont activate a second time.

You have to deactivate it before swapping or the new retrofit flete version will just load a standard bridge.

I had mentioned it on the forums and made a video of the bug here :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v5-1rsti7w

so buyer beware. When deactivating an old ship swap the interior out to a standard one before getting your new ship !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ok, but no matter what a Tier 5 Shipyard is needed for the Fleet version correct?
  • Options
    corbinwolf#9797 corbinwolf Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just remember that you cannot discharge a fleet ship and later reclaim it for free. You will have to purchase it again! As for the T5, you need the c-store version if you wish to purchase the fleet ship at a reduced price. Otherwise you have to pay full price for the ship BUT as stated, you can never discharge it without losing your initial investment.
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Forgive me, I meant after buying the c-store ship then in order to get the Fleet version I have to have a T5 Shipyard? I'd gladly pay full price in any way for the Fleet retrofit to avoid needing a T5 SY.
  • Options
    corbinwolf#9797 corbinwolf Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Fleet Excelsior is a T3 Fleet Ship. So you can buy immediately if you are part of a fleet that has access to T3 shipyard. The Sovvie Imperial is T5, not many T5 fleets yet though there are some that sell access to said ships for lotsa dill.
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Okay i got the Z-store excelsior. And when i check the fleet version it's only 1 module :)

Saving 5+ mil for the module ^^