test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dear Cryptic, can I have my 4500 omega marks and 81000 dilithium back?

guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
Omega ground set does not work: the shield procs an expose on the wearer, not on the damage owner.

KHG/Adapted ground set does not work: the crit chance and severity of the 3set do not apply to yourself, and none of the buffs apply to your teammates.

MACO ground set does not work: the damage resistance does not apply to yourself or your teammates.

Can I have the omega marks and dilithium that I spent on these non-functioning items back? Or do you ever intend to fix these, for your customers that have spent their time and resources getting nine end game items that don't even work?

If you have any of these set pieces, please post here and inform Cryptic that you want to get what you paid for. Maybe if enough of us show that we really do want to get the items that we have paid for, rather than a bunch of non-functioning garbage, we will actually get some results.

---
Please do not move this to bug reports. This is not a bug report. These bugs have already been reported. This is a request for proper customer service.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• polie05polie05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have both mk 11 and mk 12 omega and maco on several tunes.

I demand you either fix it, refund the costs, or at the very lest give an explanation for your breaking the system again.
  • dravendarkshadowdravendarkshadow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    this is one of those moments where i equate this to puking in my mouth and swallowing my own puke..
    I have 3x maco 12mk and at least 5x adapted maco/khg sets on 5 diff characters and 1 or 2 characters have also have the completed omega set...

I'm almost surprised by the cryptic's lack of workmanship and pride in sto but this really just makes me disappointed as a life time subscriber
  • thefastone21thefastone21 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    35 days grinding for broken stuff? Great.
  • cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Dont hold your breath. They broke sci space abilities 2 years ago and don't give a F* about it.
  • thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I bought them for the looks anyway...

(semi-serious, I'd honestly never paid enough attention to notice they're broken)
  • rajathomasrajathomas Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They're too busy working on the next set of broken and soon to be nerfed items to care about anything said here. gg
    izf25xI.jpg
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    who is the fix the stuff that breaks dev?

then ...

who is the guy who fixes the stuff the above person breaks ?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    to me cryptic are faster at breaking things then fixing them at a much slower rate or not at all , they add new stuff not thinking of fixing things before the new stuff can break things even more
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • eisaakazeisaakaz Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    thay8472 wrote: »
    who is the fix the stuff that breaks dev?

then ...

who is the guy who fixes the stuff the above person breaks ?

If a in-game item breaks and the development team doesn't care... is it really broken?

Eisaak
  • tigerblade66tigerblade66 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Don't worry; we'll receive a post stating somehow this slipped in when it shouldn't have... Move along nothing to see here.:rolleyes:
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for the heads up, now I won't have to waste time grinding for garbage.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    guriphu wrote: »
    Omega ground set does not work: the shield procs an expose on the wearer, not on the damage owner.

KHG/Adapted ground set does not work: the crit chance and severity of the 3set do not apply to yourself, and none of the buffs apply to your teammates.

MACO ground set does not work: the damage resistance does not apply to yourself or your teammates.

Please don't take this the wrong way but can you show me some proof to these claims ?
    (I'm not saying you're 'wrong' , I'd just like to see some evidence)

I'm also asking because I for example use the (pre S.7) Omega set on 2 toons , and I have not been 'exposing' myself (via shield proc) as far as I know .
    (could be that I missed it for all I know , but I recall being exposed only 1-2 times in the last few months by NPC's)
  • haravikkharavikk Member Posts: 278
    edited March 2013
    You might be better off reporting the item(s) as broken via the in-game report but interface; if the QA team that gets the requests sees enough complaints for the same items then they may actually do something about it.
  • dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ground doesn't make any $. Do not have high hopes. There is some stuff that does not work/is broken since launch.
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I haven't noticed these issues with the Omega or MACO sets, but I think I have with the Adapted set. I'll be sure to check them out.
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited March 2013
    I've noticed this about the maco set, didn't realise till now that it was the proc exposing me and not the enemy and now I think about it the enemy hasn't been exposed by the set.

How many devs does it take to change a lightbulb?

None, working as intended.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Dear Guriphu,

I'm sorry to hear that, but can't give refunds

In the other hand, yes, we intend to fix them, just wait in line

:D
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Even if they are not working completely as they should they are still the best Gear sets for Borg Ground STF missions. If they are indeed not working correctly I hope they are fixed but I doubt they will be fixed anytime soon if they are indeed not working correctly.
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    How and why are you sure that the enemy didn't expose you with their weapons?

It does happen you know.

Are you also aware that ground armor like ship armor has diminshing returns and is affected by your combat armor skill? If you've not skilled some points into it, you probably won't see the (tiny 2.5%) boost that it gives you.

Please can you post evidence to back up this hypothesis?
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    guriphu wrote: »

*snip*

---
    Please do not move this to bug reports. This is not a bug report. These bugs have already been reported. This is a request for proper customer service.

*snerk*

I wish you the best of luck.
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    yeah, also the Romulan BOFFs do not apply their crit buffs on my B'Rel

the (Borg) weapons are still the best ones ingame (apart from the very rares 2xAcc 1xCtrh)

...there are many issues with powers, almost crying for a redesign..
  • darimunddarimund Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    We here at Craptic studios live by this simple motto... Meh, good enuf.
  • vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The visuals for all 3 ground sets are bugged in various ways too...

We got a 2500 views thread up in the bug forum going on over 2 months now.

"we can't reproduce it"
  • mastercode123mastercode123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You must have done something to TRIBBLE cryptic off really badly for them to break your sets, because mine work perfectly, or mabye i am special :D
  • oneandonlyrecceoneandonlyrecce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    Please don't take this the wrong way but can you show me some proof to these claims ?
    (I'm not saying you're 'wrong' , I'd just like to see some evidence)

I'm also asking because I for example use the (pre S.7) Omega set on 2 toons , and I have not been 'exposing' myself (via shield proc) as far as I know .
    (could be that I missed it for all I know , but I recall being exposed only 1-2 times in the last few months by NPC's)
    What he said.
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm pretty sure the set expose broke during a patch, it never used to do this, being exposed by the npcs was quite rare, but lately I've noticed it happen a lot, several times in a battle.

I doubt they fixed the ground AI at all to make them expose, luckily they are still too dumb to exploit the bugged exposes.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel