test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weapons continuously offline

theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
Just had a SB fleet defense against tholians and 70% of that I was just cycling the enemies while looking good with 0 weapon power. I assume they spam an ungodly amount of target sub.sys. weapons or something like that. Any good counter besides 5 seconds fun after using a weapons battery before everything gets shut down again?
Post edited by theanothername on

Comments

• csgtmyorkcsgtmyork Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just had a SB fleet defense against tholians and 70% of that I was just cycling the enemies while looking good with 0 weapon power. I assume they spam an ungodly amount of target sub.sys. weapons or something like that. Any good counter besides 5 seconds fun after using a weapons battery before everything gets shut down again?

It's called the "Tholian Thermionic Torpedo." It specifically drains weapon and engine power. I'm guessing you getting proc'd like crazy.

Counters to this? Well, weapons battery, emergency power to weapons, and skill points in Power Insulators.
    "Correction. Humans have rules in war. Rules that make victory a little harder to achieve, in my opinion."
    Elim Garak
  • crappyturbocrappyturbo Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The overloaded version of the thermionic torpedo always does that to me, or at least it procs every time I am hit. The same thing happens to my roommate when he is hit by the overloads unfortuantely he does not realise he has been hit by an overload and goes ballistic ove his weapons and engines going offline.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Engineering Team clears it.
  • dashuk2381dashuk2381 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The Romulans seem to have picked up something that does this as well recently. Can't really help what spawns in the Fleet defense but this is one of the reasons I avoid Archer system and the system the Romulans spawn in while doing the Tau Dewa Patrol. It takes entirely too long to clear the mobs when they are spamming procs on you all day, and the Tholians are more annoying then it is worth to deal with. Every 2 seconds it's weapon pwr dropping through the floor or a stupid web popping up.