test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account Server not responding

tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,800 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Tribble - Bug Reports
I keep getting a message about failing to connect to the test server.

I'm not sure if it's because I copied one of my character to the test server too many times (I didn't realize I'd gotten the dialog prompt wrong).

I need to login to the test server and delete the "extra" copies+the outdated versions so I have room to transfer my kdf over.

But so far, I'm unable to even start the server, it tries to load the character list and then shuts down with the error message, asking me to enter my login password again, with exactly the same result when I retry it.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
Post edited by tilarta on

Comments

• Options
    kokushibyokokushibyo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've been getting the same error message since yesterday. I've tried it with another account with the same result.

FYI: there won't be multiple copies of your character on the server; if you try to copy over a character that already exists on the test server the copy process will fail and you'll get an error message. Edit: at least I think it works this way. Could be that I just hit my character limit on the server.

In any event, I can't log in to the test server since yesterday, and this was attempted with multiple accounts.
  • Options
    jimtkirkjimtkirk Member Posts: 0
    edited March 2013
    I'm having the same problem since yesterday's patch.
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ditto for me.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same here.
  • Options
    hootenitehootenite Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Haven't been able to get on since I've been trying, starting on 3/7/2013
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Well, what usually happens is it doubles up on the character, adding a number to their name, 1, 2, 3 etc.

I usually do this so I know I'm on Tribble and not the live server, since there's no visual distinction.

But I think I did it too much, so I need to go to tribble and purge the excess ones so I can send my KDF there.

That is, assuming they get this bug sorted out!

The cynic in me says they've sabotaged the test server on purpose to stop us assessing the flamethrower changes before they go live.

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Someone probably just either forgot to flip a switch during maintenance.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    startrekker22startrekker22 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I haven't even been able to patch past 4%. I don't know whats wrong
    " I believe that I speak for us all sir when I say: To hell with our orders." - Lt. Cmdr. Data
  • Options
    beauregarduk2beauregarduk2 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm getting the 'Account server connection failed' message since Thursday as well.:confused:

And I also had the 'incompleteing patch' problem (no further than 3%) but from the PREVIOUS Thursday's patch. Fortunately, the subsequent patch last Monday appeared to resolve the patching issue, and I was able to play on 'Tribble' right up until I logged off just prior to THIS Thursday's patch.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    tilarta wrote: »
    Well, what usually happens is it doubles up on the character, adding a number to their name, 1, 2, 3 etc.

I usually do this so I know I'm on Tribble and not the live server, since there's no visual distinction.

But I think I did it too much, so I need to go to tribble and purge the excess ones so I can send my KDF there.

That is, assuming they get this bug sorted out!

The cynic in me says they've sabotaged the test server on purpose to stop us assessing the flamethrower changes before they go live.

Ah, I stand corrected. I guess I was hitting the character cap then; good to know. Wonder what the issue with logging on is though, and whether it's affecting everyone.
  • Options
    samb0wskisamb0wski Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've been having problems since last night. Its worse right now. Tried logging in now and it gave two different errors. Once time it says Server Timed Out after just typing in the username and password. The other time it went up to the character selection page and when I selected my Federation officer it started loading and then just mentioned Server Timed Out. Hope the devs will get this bug fixed soon.
    13th Autonomous Battle Group
    USS Crimson Sunrise / USS Midian Breach
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Seems I can log in again, for now, anyway. Hope it's the same for everyone else that had this issue.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Confirmed.

I have access again and made the necessary changes.

Hoping to transfer my kdf now.

I hope this issue is resolved for everyone else.