test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will we ever see the Daystrom Institute in game?

blu3drag0n1977blu3drag0n1977 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
since tobar26th dont like zombies.

Hopefully the devs when they redo the crafting they add the Daystrom Institute for said crafting hub. Memory Alpha is an archive of the total cultural history and scientific knowledge of all Federation members. The library was assembled for academic purposes only. so why do we craft there?

The Daystrom Institute is a known research facility. So why not?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, Memory Alpha really should be full of terminals with information on the mechanics and history of the game. The Daystrom Institute is perfect for Crafting.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'd love to see multiple crafting locations, specific to what you are crafting. The Jupiter ship yards, Utopia Planicia was already shown in game, even just ship yard "drydocks" in space.
  • blu3drag0n1977blu3drag0n1977 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Daystrom institute for upgrade crafting and news stories of scientific advancements on different ship science and engineering consoles,

Jupiter Station Holoprogramming Center as the basis for hologram upgrades and getting new holo-programs.

Starfleet Academy Advanced Tactical Training College, or an "andorian war college" for tactical systems improvement.

throw your ideas in. we need awesome ideas. the devs might see this and like some of them.
  • startrekker22startrekker22 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think it would be fun to go to different places(and I don't even craft). I would like to see utopia planetia, since I wasn't here for the 2nd year anniversary. it would be nice to explore some more areas in the game
    " I believe that I speak for us all sir when I say: To hell with our orders." - Lt. Cmdr. Data
  • jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think it would be fun to go to different places(and I don't even craft). I would like to see utopia planetia, since I wasn't here for the 2nd year anniversary. it would be nice to explore some more areas in the game

yeah!

STAR TREK is awesome
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think this could be implemented if and when they change the way crafting works. As of now, there is little reason to craft besides to grind and get the Aegis set... which is suppar by the time you get it.
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • blu3drag0n1977blu3drag0n1977 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would also like to see cryptic release communications to the player base in the personas of the proper organizations for goings on in game. like if the KDF gets a new ship then there would be an announcement from the high counsel quartermasters office.

If the feds get a new console then a message from the daystrom institute about new advancements in whatever the console was for.

stuff like that.