test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan science kits

the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
I could not find for the life of me the thread talking about this subject so here goes.

They are terrible. They have abilities I would never choose in a million years for my toon. They are a complete waste in their present form. (not sure if they might change at the end of the month, one could only hope with such a large patch coming).

I remember talk some time ago of a kit system where one could choose the powers to put into the kit to customize one's toon. What happened to that? It would have been nice to get a kit with a certain number of skill slots and changed those skills to what I use the most.

This is the kind of kit I'd like to have in the future. But for now I'd like to share with you the kind of MK XII kit (for healing mostly) that I'd like to have.

Nanite health monitor
Biofilter Sweep
Tachyon Harmonic
Endothermic Induction Field
Hypospray - Melorazine

Now THAT would be a kit.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kevlintallfellowkevlintallfellow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    That's probably exactly why they *haven't* let people choose which powers go in their kits. It would offer far less variety than we have now, because, for example, most Science officers would choose a kit with a heal, and a buff, and a damage power, and another heal, and yet another heal. There are some powers that would just always be included in every single kit, like Turret Fabrication, or Rally Cry, or Nanite Health Monitor.

My guess would be that if they finally do implement a build-it-yourself kit system, they'd have slots available to them for certain kinds of powers. For example, a 5 slot kit might have 2 offense slots, 1 defense slot, and 2 universal slots, similar to BOFF station schemes on ships. That would let people take an offensive power in their healer kit, but not allow them to just cherry-pick the best powers in the game because all of those powers wouldn't fit into the slots you have available.
  • marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They gave Science the least played of the 3 careers the worst kit. Do they not want people to play as a Science officer because it sure looks like it with how crappy a lot of Sci powers are and then giving Sci the worst Kit. They should of given Science Officers a improved Physican Kit adding Medical Tricorder ability that would of been a much better choice.

Personally I think they should of either allow people to make custom kits or added a new improved versions of all the kits not just 1 for each career.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They gave Science the least played of the 3 careers the worst kit. Do they not want people to play as a Science officer because it sure looks like it with how crappy a lot of Sci powers are and then giving Sci the worst Kit. They should of given Science Officers a improved Physican Kit adding Medical Tricorder ability that would of been a much better choice.

Personally I think they should of either allow people to make custom kits or added a new improved versions of all the kits not just 1 for each career.

this is exactly why i didn't choose the other powers on my personal selection kit in the op. They simply are useless the other powers.

has anyone experienced in the big dig for example trying to remove the radiation or plasma fire dots from your character when using a healing kit and having all the skills maxed? it's impossible. what's worse is those dots while not doing even 25% damage will trigger all of the NHM's heals causing you to reset the skill. it's also impossible to remove the mental debuff from yourself from the salt vampires let me tell you what I use for protection and removal.

I have the purple EV suit the shield vs mental debuffs the skill from medkit that does the mental debuff removal AND the vascular regen which is supposed to remove debuffs. NOTHING takes that off of me or causes me to resist their mental debuffs from the salt vampires. Tell me again how science skills are working as intended please?
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would like a Romulan Physicist Kit with a level 4 Exothermic Induction Field that does plasma damage.

It looks like the Romulan Kits all get a fifth ability added to them, too. I really don't care what the fifth ability would be, though. Just let me start plasma fires and I will be happy.
  • haravikkharavikk Member Posts: 278
    edited March 2013
    My guess would be that if they finally do implement a build-it-yourself kit system, they'd have slots available to them for certain kinds of powers.
    This is the kind of thing I'm hoping for, but perhaps with some fixed-slots so we still have the same basic types. For example, bunker fabrication might have Quick Fix plus three fabrication slots and one universal slot, that is for a Mk XII (Very Rare) style kit. So it's the ideal kit template for a fabricator.

I'm hoping that if they do do it though that it'll come with a big revamp to ground abilities; I'd like to see more emphasis on a fabrication engineer placing tougher, longer lasting devices at key locations and then maintaing/supporting them. Rather than the current behaviour of just transporting in a new turret or whatever as soon as the previous one is destroyed or is too far away to be of use.

I do agree that the Romulan Science Kit is pretty dire; the Engineering one by comparison is actually really nice.