test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

gold sub and downgrade

qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
edited March 2013 in The Academy
having hard time finding any real info about subscribing and later unsubscribing.
The features matrix provides little info.

For example:
im VA (lv 50) - will i gain all the "levelup" bonuses like respec tokens and boff slots for the lvl 50 va or is it pointless to get the gold subscription now at this point?

I know the EC limit increases and stays even after unsubscribing - but how do the accoutn bank, extended inventory and bank work? will they "decrease" and leaving my items to some sort of withdraw only page or such?

Im unsure if it is worth getting the gold sub anymroe at this point ( and i am not plannign to level another char due to lots of char bound stuff like reputation, assigment exp levels and accolades).

Also it unlocks 8 foundry slots - what if my subcription expires - will i lose acces to my foundry projects?
Post edited by qinnux on

Comments

• codewarrior316codewarrior316 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    qinnux wrote: »
    having hard time finding any real info about subscribing and later unsubscribing.

For example:
    im VA (lv 50) - will i gain all the "levelup" bonuses like respec tokens and boff slots for the lvl 50 va or is it pointless to get the gold subscription now at this point?
    You won't get any respec tokens for an already leveled toon.
    I know the EC limit increases and stays even after unsubscribing
    It doesn't stay, but you can buy it separately.
    - but how do the accoutn bank, extended inventory and bank work? will they "decrease" and leaving my items to some sort of withdraw only page or such?
    These stay the same after going silver.

Im unsure if it is worth getting the gold sub anymroe at this point ( and i am not plannign to level another char due to lots of char bound stuff like reputation, assigment exp levels and accolades).

Also it unlocks 8 foundry slots - what if my subcription expires - will i lose acces to my foundry projects?
    Don't know I didn't play around with foundry slots.
  • qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Anyone else happened to notice the foundry part?

And i guess the respec tokens are character bound also?

:/
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It is well worth it, even if you have already leveled characters. Respec tokens you get for a new character are bound to that one.

You do get 500 Zen. You further get an account bank, extra inventory slots, extra bank slots. An extra character slot. You keep that as long as there is a character in it. I cannot inform you about the EC limit. I seldom get above 1,000,000 for a character. I am poor and I cannot handle money (game money and real money, but that is not the issue here) Oh, and extra Boff slots.
  • hapievohapievo Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Agreed with forvel, totally worth it. 500 zen + all the inventory/ec upgrades very much make it worth it.

You may even consider trying to locate the collector's edition as it came with some extra goodies and included a free month of play time. I was looking for it for a friend and saw it listed on amazon for $20. $5 more than a single month of subscription but you also get the TNG uniforms, Red Matter device and a nice pin of the command insignia.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited March 2013

For example:

I know the EC limit increases and stays even after unsubscribing - but how do the accoutn bank, extended inventory and bank work? will they "decrease" and leaving my items to some sort of withdraw only page or such?

basically, any character you leveled up during the time you were Gold gets to keep any bank slots/ships, etc. that you earned on that character while you were Gold.

If you go back to Silver, and then create another character, that new character will get the Silver level of Bank slots, etc.

And as others have stated, if you go Silver, you get the EC cap re-imposed across all your characters. If you have an amount of EC above the cap at that point, my understanding is you don't loose it per se; but you won't be able to acquire more EC until it drops below the cap amount; or you buy the EC Cap upgrade from the C-Store (or go Gold again).
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."