test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If the KDF is completed....

redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Klingon Discussion
... I will open my wallet so fast it will be a blur.

Do not believe me? I am holding back lifetime sub just because of this. Cryptic, complete KDF, put up some red faction goodies in the Z-store and my credit card is yours...

Who else feels that way as well?
Server not responding (1701 s)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If I had 200 bucks to drop on this game for a lifetime, I might have done so. IF the KDF ever gets completed. I have zero trust in additional factions, until existing factions are brought up to par.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • purvee1purvee1 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ... I will open my wallet so fast it will be a blur.

Do not believe me? I am holding back lifetime sub just because of this. Cryptic, complete KDF, put up some red faction goodies in the Z-store and my credit card is yours...

Who else feels that way as well?

If the May update does enough to satisfy me, I'll drop the cash for at least an Andorian ship bundle.

If not, my Andorian toon gets her ship in August from the stipend.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You guys are going to be really disappointed when they reveal the shared KDF/Fed adventure zone in the Pi Canis sector... :cool:
    <3
  • zev92zev92 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If its an open can they make it pvp like kerrat hehe. We need more open pvp zones
  • blagormblagorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Im my eyes.. I will belive it when I see it. I am getting Lifer regardless (hoping for a discount on it soon). But still... the Empire needs work. And I telling yah if you gonna bail Cryptic, please note I wont be able to trust you many more. I have seen the history of the Empire and a lot of lies/postpones/promises have been badly shown though the years. I understand the ship problem with the point if not many=not money thing but you gotta remember... Quality=Quanity=$$$=Happy KDF Players=more KDf Players=+$$$+=More KDF Content=More KDF PLayers=++$$$++= et cetera.
    R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If the KDF is completed....

...A lot of fleetmates who decide to roll a KDF toon will thank the warriors who put in the hard work to upgrade that starbase with little to no help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My statement was more saying that I believe there are people out there, with money in their hands, ready to throw it at Cryptic if KDF is in a more polished state. I have been a player since day one of closed beta and first flight inside a closed box called Sirius sector block (closed beta testers will remember that day). But I did suspend my sub after all these failed released for KDF... I do not recall any other instances of a game development talking of such features for so long and saying "sorry, there is no cups in the kitchen, can't released KDF feature lambda" this time, it will be soon...

So, all I am saying, I will wait for May and see, no hopes or expectation... my money is on the sideline, ready to go in their pockets. Who else?
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would be happy to see more ships (cough Fleet K'Tanco cough), but personally, I think the KDF is fine as it is. We have pretty much all the same end-game content anyway...and I certainly have no use for a bunch of low-level TRIBBLE. We play KDF to skip that nonsense, we don't want MORE of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • howiedizzlehowiedizzle Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You know what, I hadn't even really thought about it, but I agree... I've been playing 13 months now, and if they deliver big time to the KDF in May I'll also purchase a lifetime sub...
  • redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would be happy to see more ships (cough Fleet K'Tanco cough), but personally, I think the KDF is fine as it is. We have pretty much all the same end-game content anyway...and I certainly have no use for a bunch of low-level TRIBBLE. We play KDF to skip that nonsense, we don't want MORE of it.

Throughout this forum, you seem to miss the point... YOU do not want to go thru the low lvl grind/missions... That is fine and I respect your opinion and understand where you are in the game... I think of bob the new player turning on the game from day one and having to drag a fed toon to lvl 20 so he can play a KDF... How many people KDF loose because they are already fed side and are like hell, why bother starting another toon while I have this lvl 20 fed...
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Throughout this forum, you seem to miss the point... YOU do not want to go thru the low lvl grind/missions... That is fine and I respect your opinion and understand where you are in the game... I think of bob the new player turning on the game from day one and having to drag a fed toon to lvl 20 so he can play a KDF... How many people KDF loose because they are already fed side and are like hell, why bother starting another toon while I have this lvl 20 fed...

They don't realize that by playing the fed thru the first 20 levels they are learning the game with pretty decent gear, accumulating loot and EC that will be available for instant transfer to their new KDF toon as soon as they roll it. Their new toon will then have the means to re-equip without ever running a mission, equip his BOFFs as well as having a direct link into the fed crafting system.
    :)

It's not a complete loss.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We play KDF to skip that nonsense, we don't want MORE of it.

We do? Since when? Boy Free to Play's had a negative impact on the playerbase, imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There is a video out there where someone asked Dan Stahl after the last interview if the KDF would see anything significant this year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4 :eek::P:(

My philosophy about Cryptic and the KDF: "Unless it's on holodeck it's not happening!"
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    .......I would be a happy fan.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • zionlythzionlyth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My statement was more saying that I believe there are people out there, with money in their hands, ready to throw it at Cryptic if KDF is in a more polished state. I have been a player since day one of closed beta and first flight inside a closed box called Sirius sector block (closed beta testers will remember that day). But I did suspend my sub after all these failed released for KDF... I do not recall any other instances of a game development talking of such features for so long and saying "sorry, there is no cups in the kitchen, can't released KDF feature lambda" this time, it will be soon...

So, all I am saying, I will wait for May and see, no hopes or expectation... my money is on the sideline, ready to go in their pockets. Who else?

That's the problem. According to Cyrptic, there simply is not enough interest in KDF to warrant that. You and some of the others may say you`ll support the game with your wallets if they release KDF content, but when they do (at least as far as c-store ships go) they get penuts in return for it. In addition the KDF side is like 1/25 of the fed side. If they do KDF only content it`ll get unused by the VAST majority of the playerbase...

KDF content is great, but I`d much rather them continue to push out content both sides can use. Although I will agree that there needs to be something done about lvls 1-20. People need to be able to start at lvl 1 without playing fed...
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    zionlyth wrote: »
    That's the problem. According to Cyrptic, there simply is not enough interest in KDF to warrant that. You and some of the others may say you`ll support the game with your wallets if they release KDF content, but when they do (at least as far as c-store ships go) they get penuts in return for it. In addition the KDF side is like 1/25 of the fed side. If they do KDF only content it`ll get unused by the VAST majority of the playerbase...

KDF content is great, but I`d much rather them continue to push out content both sides can use. Although I will agree that there needs to be something done about lvls 1-20. People need to be able to start at lvl 1 without playing fed...

Dude! Where do you get your numbers??? one twentyfith??

more like around 1/5 to 1/4 and thats the old numbers from before free to play!

Its more then that now... I understand you mean well.. had to look for it.. there is PLENTY of interest in the KDF faction..
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Its hard to sell any KDF content to a playerbase you chased off because you failed to make content for it when you had the playerbase numbers to support it.
    Thats why KDF content has not sold in the past.

Thats the past though. The future of KDF is in a much better place now and we have never been only 1/25th of the playerbase. A completed KDF only adds to the game, a incomplete KDF will only continue to be an open sore in Cryptics side.

And it will not stop there. If they bring the RSE into STO in such a poor manner they will just have created another open sore.

Its in thier best interest to finish the KDF completely and start thd RSE correctly and stop hiding behind numbers that have never been proven and are supported by such logic as how many cosplay as thier favorite fandom in star trek conventions.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • starsvoidstarsvoid Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Count me as another who doesn't want to see more early game KDF content. I'd rather see late or end game KDF-specific content.

My reasoning - I would like more depth of experience to the faction, but I don't see that as the provenance of the level 1-20 toons. Levelling in STO is insanely fast, just crazy. I can get a toon to max (on the KDF side) in little more than 20-30 hours of play, and I'm going to spend way more than that playing late and end game content. Therefore, putting in new low-level content does a disservice to all the current KDF players unless we all roll up new toons - just make it late or end-game so we can all enjoy it.

There is an argument about new players... but it's a BS argument. If a player wants to play the KDF, they will as soon as they can. I did. Levelling is so fast that - no, there isn't any real investment in the Federation toon. Especially since as you get into the later levels and you start to figure out how the captain skills / bridge officer abilities work and so on, the first thing you want to do IS make a toon anyway!
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Nothing BS about wanting to attract new players with a complete faction experience my man.

You might think oh something special for end game... why? Thats is going to happen anyway. Its in fact what we've been getting for the last year and a half. The addition of low level KDF content has absolutly NOTHING to do with the players allready here. They'll be more FE's, and more STF's will be added. Additonal rep system would eventually come in, and at some point a big rebuild of the whole PvP experience. That is ALL endgame content.

Fact is, if we go by what you say there is utterly no reason to even bother with any additional specific KDF content.

Well sir, that is NOT ACCEPTABLE. As a faction we need fresh new players, new blood, and so does the game. They will need to be indoctrinated and educated on being a part of the KDF faction. THATS is what that low level content is for. Give them story, and set the tone for thier experience.

You may not need it or want it, and I surely don't need it. I was playing Klingon better then 2 decades and then some before anyone ever considered a trek MMO.. Back when the IBM PC with the DOS operating system was the newest thing in consumer electronics, and the internet for the public didn't even exist yet. Just ARPNET and you better have access to a university. I did board games and minitures then. I've been with STO since before launch .

Forcing a new player have to continue to have to play a fed toon first and haviong KDF play is not acceptable. It is one of the main reason there are 4 fed players for every KDF player. I'm surprised there are as many KDF player as there is in some ways. I want to see persistant territorial PvP in the future and if we dont get this upgrade to a full faction in this game we can expect to see that ratio change for the worse as time goes on. Constantly fighting with ones back entirly to the wall is tiring. I've done it in an MMO and it doesn't take long before it get un fun.

PWI, the owner of cryptic is an asian company with a LOT of experience running PvP MMO play. If your not terribly familiar with asian MMO style faction based PvP be aware that it tends to strongly reward victory. Cryptic has experience with PvP play but IT IS ALL ARENA BASED! There is a tremendous difference between arena play and a persistant territorial WAR. Let me add that there are only a bare handfull of MMO's that actually do try to simulate war style play. EVE online is one of them, but due to thegames overall structure it tends to be self regulating, especially in thier sandbox style play, but be aware that in Eve, winning is very very lucrative... loosing is simply expensive and time consuming.

Hopefully you now know more then when you first posted. There is a much bigger picture then just the individual player here. There are long term goals for play in STO that were set years ago at this point which we are no closer to right now then when the game launched 3 years ago. Getting that starting content done for this faction is an important part of meeting those goals. The studio has the opportunity to move the game much closer to the achiving of those goals IF it fleshes out the KDF faction. There are no guarentee's, but the one thing you take as a given is without the additon and fleshing out of the KDF faction experience that chance of meeting those goals is so close to zip at to make in not even worth while to try.

I'm not going to let you sir step in here with what I consider an utterly selfish and narrow minded vision of what STO can be. I've spent 'nuff money on this game to be invested in it and I just will not let you do that without a hell of a fight. Players in MMO's tend to stay with the faction they start with.

SO drop that TRIBBLE and get on the barge son. If we are ever going to have a persistant PvP WAR with the federation we are going to need more players then we have now, and the only way to get them is to have them START as KDF, and get all of thier traiing in how to play the game in faction. And frankly, if you don't get it, your in the wrong faction, and quite possibly playing the wrong MMO.

Khemaraa Iron Hand
    Klingon Black Fleet
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, I enjoyed the SFB board game too.

Forcing a new player have to continue to have to play a fed toon first and haviong KDF play is not acceptable. It is one of the main reason there are 4 fed players for every KDF player.

Wake up. The Feds are more popular, and they should be. It's been their story for the last 50 years. Star Trek is one of the most famous IPs of our century. Nobody who plays STO doesn't know what Klingons are. "Players in MMO's stay with the faction they started with" is a specious argument that suggests the individual STO player has no knowledge of Trek. If a player wants to play a Klingon - they'll play a Klingon. Providing Level 1 KDF access isn't going to change that.
    Counting accounts is a disingenous game. Yes, you can argue that some of the Fed accounts wouldn't exist because there would be pure Klingon players with zero interest in the Feds, thereby shrinking the ratio, but that's a very small number. Probably about equivalent to the number of players who've deleted their Fed toons because they have zero interest in playing them. Furthermore, you're suggesting Cryptic is looking at accounts without the ability to count whether or not they're actually active.

The long-term persistent PvP universe is a great idea. But neither KDF'ers nor Feddies, are gonna participate at Level 1, or even L20. They're gonna gear up to L50 and then join in the fight. The game is too mature to do otherwise. And again - if a player wants to play a Klingon, they will play a Klingon. Or a Romulan, or a Cardassian, or whatever else is introduced before they get around to balancing the classes, skills, ships, and PvP, and then finally introduce persistent PvP.

That said, DStahl has repeatedly committed to wanting to do L1-50 KDF. I think you can provide a complete faction experience without those early levels by putting the missions at late to end game instead. I just personally don't see the need for 1-20, and those are my reasons.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Let me try to put this in a different perspective.
    Let's say that the Andorian Kumari will be the last Z-Store ship released to the Fed. untill March next year.
    Let's say that starting from now, for at least a year, the whole STO content would be Klingon and Romulan related.
    Let's say that the next FEs will be KDF vs. RSE war, and the Fed. players will get a digest of it having your first officer telling you he/she strives for honor and glory. And curses a lot.

How much money do you think they'll make from your average Fed. player after a year like that??

And have in mind, I'm excluding the possibility of locking Fed. gameplay so you have to level a Klingon first and I'm not considering - let's say taking away most of the costumes availible to Fed. in Z-Store atm. But, that's what KDF has now.

So, how much money do you think your average Fed. would spend on STO under those circumistances??
    starsvoid wrote: »

Wake up. The Feds are more popular, and they should be. It's been their story for the last 50 years. Star Trek is one of the most famous IPs of our century. Nobody who plays STO doesn't know what Klingons are. "Players in MMO's stay with the faction they started with" is a specious argument that suggests the individual STO player has no knowledge of Trek. If a player wants to play a Klingon - they'll play a Klingon. Providing Level 1 KDF access isn't going to change that.
    Counting accounts is a disingenous game. Yes, you can argue that some of the Fed accounts wouldn't exist because there would be pure Klingon players with zero interest in the Feds, thereby shrinking the ratio, but that's a very small number. Probably about equivalent to the number of players who've deleted their Fed toons because they have zero interest in playing them. Furthermore, you're suggesting Cryptic is looking at accounts without the ability to count whether or not they're actually active.

When you people say that the Feds. are more popular, do you stop to consider the reasons?
    This is not a Star Trek show, this is a Star Trek MMORPG.

Yes, the Federation has a vastly greater fanbase from the shows.
    However, the people who play an MMO are more diverse than this simple example.

- There are Star Trek fans that never play games, so they might be Fed. fans, but will never play STO. I have a bunch of friends that love ST, but don't like playing MMOs.
    - There are Star Trek fans in STO that like the Fed. but would rather play KDF due to the nature of the game. They don't feel right blowing everything up as a Fed.
    - There are Star Trek fans that are Klingon fans, but don't want to play KDF or STO because of the current state of KDF. Many have said that due to the Fed. digest it lacks the Klingon feel to them. Some that play actually go even far enough not to play NR content because for them is completely contradictory to the faction they chose to play.
    - Then there is your average MMO player, that wants to play a new game and knows nothing about ST. He/she ain't a ST fan. He/she is looking for a new fun game. At the current state of content, which faction do you think a player like this will be more inclined to join? The cool faction that you start with, that has tons of ships/uniforms/missions etc., that gets cool new shiny toys and updates on regular basis, or the poor gimped faction that gets one ship and one mission in a year??
    And have in mind, if the game is to grow it needs this average player. The core ST fans will be here to keep it afloat, but if STO is to grow it has to appeal to people that play MMOs, regardless of them being actual Star Trek fans or not.
    Also have in mind that many of these people play the "bad boys" factions in MMOs. They have a certain appeal to people because it gives the opportunity to behave like badasses and do things that they wouldn't in real life.
    So, when they come to STO, wanting to play as a Klingon warrior or let's say a Nausicaan pirate, and when they face that they have to deal with 50% less content, 50% less options to customize your char. and 50% less ships in game, will they stay in STO?

People come on the forums posting stuff like - 'Klingons utilize their old designs and are not fond of designing new ships like the Feds.'.
    Well, last time I checked, the KFD players of STO were all.....Human! :eek: So unless NASA sends a space-shuttle to Qo'noS to bring Klingon players to play STO, the people that play KDF like new shiny toys, new cool ships and more uniform customization options as much as the next person.

I'm not going to go in details of why I don't consider single faction MMOs appealing for me. I'm just going to say that with the potential of this IP, if STO turns into a single faction game would be very dissapointing and it would be an epic underachievment. :(

It is a vicious circle. Not being able to start as a KDF from the start reduces the amount of potential KDF players. The smaller number of KDF players reduces the number of purchases of KDF items. The small number of KDF purchases makes low revenue for Cryptic and has taken a toll of developing new KDF content as a consequence. Less Klingon content means less players interested to play KDF.
    This is why we need low level missions and KDF start from level 1.
    Someone has to break this circle and that's the devs' job, certainly not mine.

So, yeah, wake up! This is not TNG, it's a Trek based MMORPG.
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited March 2013
    shpoks wrote: »
    It is a vicious circle. Not being able to start as a KDF from the start reduces the amount of potential KDF players. The smaller number of KDF players reduces the number of purchases of KDF items. The small number of KDF purchases makes low revenue for Cryptic and has taken a toll of developing new KDF content as a consequence. Less Klingon content means less players interested to play KDF.
    This is why we need low level missions and KDF start from level 1.
    Someone has to break this circle and that's the devs' job, certainly not mine.

I agree with your sentiments completely except for the bolded. I don't see how they are in any way contingent upon stopping enforcement of levels 1-20 as Starfleet only.

Nonetheless, I hope I am wrong, and when DStahl finally follows through on his commitment of L1-50 KDF, your ludicrously postulated millions of players who are prevented by the lack of it from playing KDF suddenly appear... give it a month? If that happens, send me a mail in game, starsrift@ (forumhandle), and I'll buy you one cstore ship of your choice.
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm sure they will take something away once they fix the KDF... And that would mean more PVP wrapper nerfs and something to kill off Marauding as with the KDF being complete there'd be no need for such 'high' rewards...

I pray that I am wrong, but ever since I realized this, I've been scared.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • zionlythzionlyth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Nothing BS about wanting to attract new players with a complete faction experience my man.

You might think oh something special for end game... why? Thats is going to happen anyway. Its in fact what we've been getting for the last year and a half. The addition of low level KDF content has absolutly NOTHING to do with the players allready here. They'll be more FE's, and more STF's will be added. Additonal rep system would eventually come in, and at some point a big rebuild of the whole PvP experience. That is ALL endgame content.

Fact is, if we go by what you say there is utterly no reason to even bother with any additional specific KDF content.

Well sir, that is NOT ACCEPTABLE. As a faction we need fresh new players, new blood, and so does the game. They will need to be indoctrinated and educated on being a part of the KDF faction. THATS is what that low level content is for. Give them story, and set the tone for thier experience.

You may not need it or want it, and I surely don't need it. I was playing Klingon better then 2 decades and then some before anyone ever considered a trek MMO.. Back when the IBM PC with the DOS operating system was the newest thing in consumer electronics, and the internet for the public didn't even exist yet. Just ARPNET and you better have access to a university. I did board games and minitures then. I've been with STO since before launch .

Forcing a new player have to continue to have to play a fed toon first and haviong KDF play is not acceptable. It is one of the main reason there are 4 fed players for every KDF player. I'm surprised there are as many KDF player as there is in some ways. I want to see persistant territorial PvP in the future and if we dont get this upgrade to a full faction in this game we can expect to see that ratio change for the worse as time goes on. Constantly fighting with ones back entirly to the wall is tiring. I've done it in an MMO and it doesn't take long before it get un fun.

PWI, the owner of cryptic is an asian company with a LOT of experience running PvP MMO play. If your not terribly familiar with asian MMO style faction based PvP be aware that it tends to strongly reward victory. Cryptic has experience with PvP play but IT IS ALL ARENA BASED! There is a tremendous difference between arena play and a persistant territorial WAR. Let me add that there are only a bare handfull of MMO's that actually do try to simulate war style play. EVE online is one of them, but due to thegames overall structure it tends to be self regulating, especially in thier sandbox style play, but be aware that in Eve, winning is very very lucrative... loosing is simply expensive and time consuming.

Hopefully you now know more then when you first posted. There is a much bigger picture then just the individual player here. There are long term goals for play in STO that were set years ago at this point which we are no closer to right now then when the game launched 3 years ago. Getting that starting content done for this faction is an important part of meeting those goals. The studio has the opportunity to move the game much closer to the achiving of those goals IF it fleshes out the KDF faction. There are no guarentee's, but the one thing you take as a given is without the additon and fleshing out of the KDF faction experience that chance of meeting those goals is so close to zip at to make in not even worth while to try.

I'm not going to let you sir step in here with what I consider an utterly selfish and narrow minded vision of what STO can be. I've spent 'nuff money on this game to be invested in it and I just will not let you do that without a hell of a fight. Players in MMO's tend to stay with the faction they start with.

SO drop that TRIBBLE and get on the barge son. If we are ever going to have a persistant PvP WAR with the federation we are going to need more players then we have now, and the only way to get them is to have them START as KDF, and get all of thier traiing in how to play the game in faction. And frankly, if you don't get it, your in the wrong faction, and quite possibly playing the wrong MMO.

Khemaraa Iron Hand
    Klingon Black Fleet

There is really no need to get so defensive about this conversation. Firstly I do agree that KDF need to have lvls 1-25 done, and that players from the getgo should be able to chose to play either faction.

Where I disagree with a lot of people is that they are asking for KDF only endgame content. Cryptic moved away from this a while ago and made all new content available to both factions, and I think this is a step in the right direction. If you limit the content to one of the other faction you are only (at best) reaching 50% of your playerbase with it.

My comments about KDF Cstore ships are only paraphrasing what Cryptic said. KDF Cstore ships don't sell well. And although I would love more KDF ships as well I can see why they arent jumping the gun and making as many as they do for FEDs. Is it fair? no... Do I understand their decision... Yes.

And before you judge me as a Federation fanboy, please note that my first character to reach max level was a KDF captain. I leveled him back at launch when KDF had no content other then a few enemy alerts are PVP. I own 10 Cstore only kdf ships, and I believe I have supported the KDF side of STO just as much as the next person. The only difference is I believe that bringing in content that both sides can use benefits more than bringing it only to one side while the other waits their turn.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There is really no need to get so defensive about this conversation. Firstly I do agree that KDF need to have lvls 1-25 done, and that players from the getgo should be able to chose to play either faction.

Where I disagree with a lot of people is that they are asking for KDF only endgame content. Cryptic moved away from this a while ago and made all new content available to both factions, and I think this is a step in the right direction. If you limit the content to one of the other faction you are only (at best) reaching 50% of your playerbase with it.

My comments about KDF Cstore ships are only paraphrasing what Cryptic said. KDF Cstore ships don't sell well. And although I would love more KDF ships as well I can see why they arent jumping the gun and making as many as they do for FEDs. Is it fair? no... Do I understand their decision... Yes.

And before you judge me as a Federation fanboy, please note that my first character to reach max level was a KDF captain. I leveled him back at launch when KDF had no content other then a few enemy alerts are PVP. I own 10 Cstore only kdf ships, and I believe I have supported the KDF side of STO just as much as the next person. The only difference is I believe that bringing in content that both sides can use benefits more than bringing it only to one side while the other waits their turn.

I agree with you that making a content thay will be used by 100% of the playerbase is a normal thing from many perspectives, mostly economical and labor related.
    But, I also hope that you agree with me, that if we have mutual end-game content that can be used by all factions that content needs to be more carefully handled and developed. Most of the KDF players complain about the Klingon genuine end game content because of what happened in S7 with New Romulus. Klingons despise Romulans. Since they broke their short lived alliance back in TOS they have been arch enemies. In STO lore the first thing the Klingons did when Romulus was destroyed was to launch an invasion on the RSE. So your average KDF player does not want to help Romulans build a new world. And helping poor unlucky people doesn't go in character of Orion marauders or Nausicaan pirates either.
    So if we have shared content, it should be both factions fighting a mutual enemy (Omega Rep.) or giving a helping hand to a mutual ally (Deferi). I don't see anyone complaining about those I mentioned. Most of the complaints of the KDF about Klingon end-game content are New Romulus related.

As far as the KDF ships issue goes - it is clearly a consequence of the KDF not being fully developed and thus having fewer players to spend money on the ships. Actually, Cryptic hurt their own KDF ship sales by not developing the KDF. It's as simple as that.
    I personally have no problem of the KDF getting 1/3 of the ships the Feds. get, but the devs. must make sure that in the process our technology does not become obsolete.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • krell83stokrell83sto Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Never Again will I open my wallet for STO. I can never forgive them for the constant "More KDF is coming". Don't believe me? Just check the link in my Sig. That's the full story of the KDF and Craptic right there, full of "More is coming" all the way back to 2010 and before.

Crypitc has said "We'll finish the KDF" too many times before.

Wolf!!!

Wolf!!!

Wolf!!!

After Season 2 they just kept crying "More is coming"

Is Dstalh wasn't such a liar (Proof in Link in Sig) I'd be more positive. But for me 10 times + is my limit for lies to my face, let alone 100+ times.

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
  • sinistermind4sinistermind4 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've been playing Klingon for some time now, and Cryptic has been promising more storyline content for a long time with sadly no result. They give the Klingons a new ship every now and then. No new storyline, No new costumes,only the same old same old. I know that I will not drop money on a lifetime script. I will also wait like everyone else to see what May brings us, as Klingons.