test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Screenshot Available

Comments

• tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    wast33 wrote: »
    those ships.... those are not d'deridex, are they?! tail and wings doesn't look so ^^. can spot scimitars, bops and something close to d'deridex which are obviously no mogais or d'deridex, or am i wrong?

Yeah, there is diffidently a new ship class in there.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is what I listen to as I look at that teaser site: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnGaCAHhGfo

:cool:
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What ships are you guys seeing. i just see the Romulan wings
    edited March 2013
    What ships are you guys seeing. i just see the Romulan wings

Mouse over the Romulan symbol and you'll see them.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is what I listen to as I look at that teaser site: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnGaCAHhGfo

:cool:

Nice.

I listened to this.
    edited March 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Nice.

I listened to this.

I have that one on my iPod. :D
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • purvee1purvee1 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    'ang on.

That timer is for middle of March.
    Everything I've heard about "the big update" gives the date as May.
    And we have April inbetween. Seems curious and slightly wonky?
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I like this talk of Sela and Taris. You know? Carolyn Seymour (Commander Toreth / Mirasta Yale / Subcommander Taris from TNG) does voice-over work for computer games...
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • budderpants21budderpants21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    19 days....
    Isn't this close to when Starcraft II Heart of the Swarm comes out :-p?
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    mikefl wrote: »
    I just don't know how they would have time to make a Romulan faction so quickly when they haven't had the resources for even the klingons all this time.

they have staffed up a lot in the last 12 months.
    The game that launched. Was made in about a year. Truth is with the right amount of staff in the right places adding more kdf content and a romulan faction is in fact realistic. Also you have no idea what's slowly been worked on since beta, stuff that mayb have been left for various reasons.... Like playable romulan ships.

So anything is possible.
  • lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited March 2013
    It is easy.
    The iconians are behind everything, we know this.
    We know sela has been taken by the iconians. They backed her before.
    And we know that the voice acting for Sela si shedluded for march.
    Therefore:
    Sela is coming back with more iconian backing and trying to reestablish the ISE anew.
    No Romulan faction to play. Maybe a cooperation of feds and kdf to combat the new threat. But that is it.
    edited March 2013
    purvee1 wrote: »
    'ang on.

That timer is for middle of March.
    Everything I've heard about "the big update" gives the date as May.
    And we have April inbetween. Seems curious and slightly wonky?

One can assume that when that count down ends we will have a wealth of info come our way. Maybe a trailer or something that spells everything out far more clearly. I would still expect holo deck launch to be in may. But maybe they will add this big update to tribble 1st. Giving enough time to play test and find any bugs.... And is what will be a big launch
  • rocknrobot1rocknrobot1 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Kudos to Cryptic, this time they really make it interesting!

Lol, i'm so curious already... great work on that screenshot with the changing letters and the fading pictures, looking great! :)
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Could be the return of Sela rather than a romulan faction in my opinion
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    robeasom wrote: »
    Could be the return of Sela rather than a romulan faction in my opinion

Bit over the top all this build up just to see sela return with no romulan faction to play.... All previous feature series and seasons have never had such a teased build up before
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i guess perhaps we get some fe before we can play em ourselves. new ship types may point on a rommie faction in the not too far future.
    or we first have to beat the rommies before getting able to play one, i could imagine it will go some way like that (the "may" 'n "march" pun, if it is one).
  • shadowdragonredshadowdragonred Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    well threes 9 ships in the background so obviously we must be having a new blah blah blah...... Sheesh just be happy for new content and more stuff to play with!
  • razhgalrazhgal Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i finally figured it out and you "may" quote me on it :P

in march there will be new romulan content (missions, etc), driving the iconian storyline further
    + lockbox romulan ships, later in march.

in may there will be a general huge update, with new reputation options, character creation overhaul and a general gameplay improvement.
    this improvement will change the gameplay mechanic.
    Romeo - Engineer D'Kora / Leia - Science Charal
    Sirius - Tactical Kumari / Hatschy - Tactical Scimitar
    lil - Engineer Corvette / Dark - Tactical Guramba
  • vividhvividh Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    razhgal wrote: »

in march there will be new romulan content (missions, etc), driving the iconian storyline further

in may there will be a general huge update, with new reputation options, character creation overhaul and a general gameplay improvement.

There will be NO romulan lockboxes - it has been made clear that people want a playable faction , once they finishing the klingon content (which i dont even know why? , whats the problem with starting at lv20, the game is all about end game content - and they have raptors wtf..still always crying about content)

May/march etc - there will be a story line - I agree on this , however not playable faction.

I agree it will be a huge update with rep options etc
    In game: @vividh
  • thefastone21thefastone21 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    19 days until something breaks.
    edited March 2013
    19 days until something breaks.

and 26 for it to be fixed haha
  • leoll2leoll2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Excuse me but...in 19 days it's still March, not May :confused:
    P2W means Play To Win

Archimede - Leader and Founder of "Raiders of Starfleet"
    ...and 21 other characters!
    edited March 2013
    leoll2 wrote: »
    Excuse me but...in 19 days it's still March, not May :confused:

May is the big RELEASE DAY, in 19 days they will REVEAL something about MAY XD, its two different things
    edited March 2013
    vividh wrote: »
    There will be NO romulan lockboxes - it has been made clear that people want a playable faction , once they finishing the klingon content (which i dont even know why?

there will be no playable romulan faction, yet.

march will be storyline update, including a romulan ship.

may will be a general huge update with gameplay, pvp, reputation enhancement and alteration.
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    razhgal wrote: »

I believe Dan has already confirmed twice that there will be no Romulan ships in Lockboxes.

I know hes said the Warbird will never be in a box.
    edited March 2013
    It is easy.
    The iconians are behind everything, we know this.
    We know sela has been taken by the iconians. They backed her before.
    And we know that the voice acting for Sela si shedluded for march.
    Therefore:
    Sela is coming back with more iconian backing and trying to reestablish the ISE anew.
    No Romulan faction to play. Maybe a cooperation of feds and kdf to combat the new threat. But that is it.

The Tal Shiar serves the Iconians, but Sela did not. At least, Obisek didn't think so:

"This campaign of terror is the Tal Shiar's doing, not the empress's. Still, Sela does nothing to stop it.

There is little love between the empress and the Tal Shiar. Did you know that, many years ago, she was exiled from Romulus for attempting to assassinate the head of their order?

The Tal Shiar have their own masters. And Sela despises what she cannot control."
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So the current announcement is merely an announcement of an announcement?
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The Romulans are gonna be playable in 18 days. I will crush you all you pesky Feds and Klings! :D
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The new ships are definitely a big hint. My fabulous shoulder pads are going to make all the orion girls drool.
    edited March 2013
    iconian ships + romulan ships?

http://www.stowiki.org/images/6/6b/Obex.png