test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Problem with Fleet Ship Modules

jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
Does anyone else have a problem with the need to purchase fleet ship modules once you have accumulated enough fleet credits to buy a fleet ship? I find myself opposed to them for some reason, while at the same time I have no problem buying a ship (or a key for that matter) directly from the C Store.

Maybe if I could use the fleet ship modules once each for all of my toons I wouldn't have a problem with them. Just a thought
My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
Post edited by jagdhippies on

Comments

• lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Does anyone else have a problem with the need to purchase fleet ship modules once you have accumulated enough fleet credits to buy a fleet ship? I find myself opposed to them for some reason, while at the same time I have no problem buying a ship (or a key for that matter) directly from the C Store.

Maybe if I could use the fleet ship modules once each for all of my toons I wouldn't have a problem with them. Just a thought

I suppose it's because it's not one or the other, but a double effort.

You have to get the credits + unlock it through hard work ingame to reach the shipyard tier required and then you ALSO have to fork over 20 bucks most of the times to actually get the ship.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I suppose it's because it's not one or the other, but a double effort.

You have to get the credits + unlock it through hard work ingame to reach the shipyard tier required and then you ALSO have to fork over 20 bucks most of the times to actually get the ship.

Or buy it via the exchange.
  • viper40wattviper40watt Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I too share your dislike over the fleet ship modules. For me it is in large part due to the build up of the Starbase release. They were being touted as a great way to interact with fellow players while providing an alternate means of obtaining end game weapons vs the STFs. They were also described as offering an alternate means to get high level ships rather than the C-Store. I, and I'd suspect many others, took that to mean that it was an in game 'grind' way to obtain new competitive ships. Shortly before the release of the Starbase it came to light that there would also be a monetary cost associated with the Starbase Ships via Fleet Ship Modules, coming in at around $20 per ship.

So what started out sounding like an interesting alternative way to obtain ships ended up just being a long term grind coupled with a higher price tag to get slightly buffed versions of ships that already existed in game. Starbases lost their luster for me around that point.
  • curs0rcurs0r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So what started out sounding like an interesting alternative way to obtain ships ended up just being a long term grind coupled with a higher price tag to get slightly buffed versions of ships that already existed in game. Starbases lost their luster for me around that point.

I was getting into it a little bit. I made the effort for a while anyway. The first time I saw a 7 day cooldown I just quit looking at fleet base status.

The modules aren't so bad, at least they aren't bound. I've picked them up for several million cheaper than the exchange just watching zone chat while bored.
    I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Solution: buy a fleet ship, get it as an account-wide unlock
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i have to agree.. you have to work hard to get the fleet credits.. think about it..

to get the fleet marks, you need to do a rather large amount of content to get it.. then you have to get dilithium, which is a rather large amount of seperate content.. then you need to put doff officers into the fleet project, which are a valuable commodity. then you need to buy other recourses with a substantial amount of ec..

so as of now, a person has already put a substantial amount of time and effort into just unlocking the fleet ships.. then, they expect you to either spend 20 dollers in real life, or spend a rather large amount of dilithium (which requires more grinding or money) to get the ship..

i feel that 4 fleet madules is pretty steep considering what you are getting. i would be happier if it was 2 fleet modules, and if they were also available for fleet credits or other means, that would be great too.. im not saying to take them out of them out of the c store, but have another means of obtaining them..

and then there is the problem of it not being acount wide.. which makes it even more expensive at the end of the day..
  • thebumblethebumble Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    Grind, grind, grind. Oh look! A new shiny! Grind, grind, grind.

Rinse and repeat.

This is STO. Get used to it. Its only going to get worse.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    thebumble wrote: »
    Grind, grind, grind. Oh look! A new shiny! Grind, grind, grind.

Rinse and repeat.

This is MMOs. Get used to it. Its only going to get worse.

Fixed it for you.
  • arcademasterarcademaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Dislike? This gives you even better access to endgame ships without paying a penny than before. Just learn to play people... 20M EC for 4 modules is really really not hard to earn. Heck, nowadays you earn 200-300k EC a day just with 2 Romulan patrols you are probably doing anyway for Rommy marks.

Everything in this game is so easy to obtain for free, people are just too stupid to do it. Instead they come to the forum and whine that they don't get everything without even trying. It's sad.
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I have a problem with the need to shell out $20.00 to pay for something that I had to grind just too unlock.

A fleet ship cost just has much has most C-Store ships except they offer so much less.

Fleet ships are a per-character unlock and they do not have any special consoles and for the most part offer very little over there non Fleet counterparts so why should a have to grind for months + pay $20.00 for the privilege to own a subpar vessel.

If the Fleet vessels only cost fleet credits, I'd see no issues with them and would consider them a nice upgrade compared to their non-Fleet versions but when Cryptic tacks on that $20.00, I expect it come with a new console and be an account wide unlock.

I see no value for the customer with the current fleet ship offerings and I feel that the Fleet modules requirement should be removed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]