Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - February 25, 2013

13»

Comments

• Options
    holyhelmetholyhelmet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Can we see a fix for the slow weapon firing or not firing at all? Not sure if it effects the beams but its certainly bad for cannons and torps.
  • Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Both powers are high-damage melee attacks which bypass a large portion of the targets' shields, and then knock them to the ground causing them to be unable to act for several seconds.

That's the same kind of thinking i had when the maco/khg grenade launcher's cooldown with grenades was removed, properly buffed mind. (though i do guess grenades arn't guarenteed to knockback, but still, unlucky person gets caught in the grenade mix, bad days for them)
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited February 2013
    In regards to pounce lunge,meh changes don't bother me my main cats are sci/engy which beggs an answer "Are Melee doffs effecting pounce and its just a tooltip error or were they inadvertently not linked since it is a melee attack?" I took pounce originally as a sci Ferasan for that "cat-like" feel it does come in handy when you need to exploit an expose attack but a proc/weapon malfunction has locked up your weapons. Do cats dominate pvp hmmm, largely but my Ferengi will whip out the pain stick faster than you can believe and no that is not the cryo pulsewave (imo than is a poor pvpers crutch weapon that has become too popular, most ground pvpers have them and spend millions of ec if needed to get them when creating a new toon, but some choose to avoid their use because it is a crutch and doesnt help me develop the skill or timing if my enemies armor cannot resist it)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited February 2013
    Just curious if we are ever going to get the beam down to Defera invasion zone crash fixed, doesn't happen always but enough so you want to scream sometimes :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    beefsupreme79beefsupreme79 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    cynder2012 wrote: »
    awesome :D....now what about the blasted "good for nothing unless your facing 45* at your target" platforms that SHOULD shoot in a much wider angel and shoot on their own?

sorry but they are incredibly weak (even with the increase to hull and shields) for a 3 minute CD....

so lemme get this straight. you want what? 90 degrees on the platform? ummm you want them to shoot "on there own" ?? I bet maybe if you payed enough, you could just have someone fly the thing for you huh? L2P....i mean really its already spoonfed to u feds
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't understand why those who blame PvPers for changes to the game that affects PvE have any authority or right to do so.

What type of analysis and testing have any of you done that shows you are correct and PvPers are wrong?

That's all PvPers do is test and analyze items, data, consoles, new abilities/skills, etc... Why? Because it matters more in PvP than it does in PvE. In PvE, you aren't fighting a real brain. In PvP, you do, which I would surmise is why half of you can't PvP.

If cryptic made a change based upon that analysis/data, then they were convinced that a change was needed. So, now you need to convince two separate groups that you are right and both of them are wrong.

What proof do any of you, who blame PvPers for the changes, have to the contrary? Are you blaming them because you can no longer take down a transformer before you take out the generators in ISE as demonstrated by the youtube videos?

Seriously, either back up your claims that PvPers are wrong and cryptic should stop listening to them, or do not post at all.

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »
    I agree entirely. Instead of appeasing the every demands of the PvPers, the devs should work on the stuff that actually matters, adding content for KDF. Give the KDF some Zen Store Ships equivalent to the Kumari, Vesta, and what have you. Give KDF more Zen Store costumes. Make the KDF story mission rewards give (at least) MK XI stuff. Do that, THEN we can focus on trivial matters like PvP.[/COLOR]

I'm pretty sure more of the company's resources go towards more PvE than PvP. PvPers just want balance. Instead of appeasing the every demands of the Federation Faction, the devs should work on the stuff that actually matters, adding content for KDF. - There I fixed it for you :3
    Not the playing style, but using them together sometimes can be the only thing that separates you from winning and losing Elite STFs. If you don't like Pounce and Lunge, run Hive Elite. When you are facing the Queen, plus countless drones all around, using Lunge and Pounce together will actually save your life, and HELP take the Queen to the death she deserves! Plus, the extra jump actually will save you from being fried by the one-hit-kills electric floors.[/COLOR]

You're playing this game on easy mode if you need a jump/pounce/junge to survive hive elite. Being on a team with a medic who knows what he is doing will save your life.
    So people need to stop complaining about powerful weapons that saved your life. Stop complaining about powerful weapons that actually HELP you. Take them into an Elite STF, and you will be GLAD that you had those weapons! :mad:

People need to stop relying on powerful weapons to save their own lives. This game could be much more than just a simple DPS race.
    I am getting very tired of saying this, and not having Cryptic pay any attention, but they need to stop listening to PvPers. If these people think that a weapon is overpowered, they need to stop fighting each other, and take these powerful weapons into Elite STFs. When they are faced with multiple Elite Tactical Drones, or swamped 3 to 1 with cubes, they will be GLAD to have those weapons! :mad:

Nothing will stop us from fighting each other, nothing is better than being forced to think on the fly in the middle of combat, a wrong decision can make or break a match.

Being swamped by multiple elite tac drones or cubes? Must have been because your team mates thought they were Kirk and leroyed in causing more aggro than they could handle.
    And so us pure STFers get punished by getting all of our stuff nerfed, even though we never complained because those powerful weapons actually HELPED us! :mad:[/COLOR]

Why rely on powerful weapons? Skill is not an unlock or something you can buy from the C-Store.
    redricky wrote: »
    It's so true, Cryptic needs to stop catering to the PvP'ers. They need to stop funneling dev time and resources into making new PvP maps and features and get back to developing PvE content. And stop balancing everything around thinking, ability using opponents and balance the game for giant HP sack meatbag NPCs. Oh, wait...

For the record, no PvP'er asked for a Tric Torp nerf. Almost unanimously the request has been for a fix regarding the 1 crit to rule them all related to tric mines. This is baked in at a level that Cryptic can't touch, so they nerfed damage. Few people wanted that; many more wanted self-damage to apply to the mines if the crit issue couldn't be fixed. The torpedo nerf was and still is a mystery.

And for the record, balancing the game around PvP would mean designing NPCs which used abilities, and used them in logical combinations on players and other NPCs. This would be an awesome change to STO. Reduce all NPC hull and shields by 90%, but give them Tac Team. Give them AI that will apply APB and then BO. Have a cube use ES on a sphere. This would be a much more satisfying game than simply burning down a hp-sack in a dps race.

ESTFs are like tying your shoes, once you learn the routine there's not a lot of challenge involved. If AI actually responded to what you did it would be amazing. So I don't know why people are so against balancing a game around PvP, because it would demand better AI for PvE.

Everything I wanted to say and more! There is some serious hate from PvEers towards PvPers. This game is a joke when it comes to AI, powercreep and lack of balance. At least the PvPers are trying to do something instead of trying to be Kirk.[/COLOR]

clap.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    so lemme get this straight. you want what? 90 degrees on the platform? ummm you want them to shoot "on there own" ?? I bet maybe if you payed enough, you could just have someone fly the thing for you huh? L2P....i mean really its already spoonfed to u feds

well now that i have gotten used to flying the damn thing....it should be a 2 minute CD just like the other 2 consoles.....the fact that even AFTER this buff they still go down in a short time sucks with the 3 min cd...not that they do much additional damage anyways.

Yes the kdf DOES need more focus...the feds have been getting way to much lately...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    To be frank, it probably won't change much, if anything.

To be frank Bort , that's not the point .

The point is :

A) You would not like it if your car was called in for service only to get a smaller battery and a smaller front lights installed because the car maker decided it was what they wanted to do .

In fact you'd be pissed .

B) If you keep introducing items into the game without calculating their effects on the existing skill/ability traits , you'll end up with more of the same .

And you know what ? Even if from your POV , I might come off as pissing in the wind -- I'll say it anyway :

YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO CHANGE THE STATS OF VIRTUAL ITEMS PPL PAYED FOR IN GOOD FAITH !!!
    Not after said items have been in-game for months/years .

But it's ok Bort ... , you have that almighty EULA to hide behind . For now .