test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What would happen if I apply a retail box code today in 2013?

solidagesolidage Member Posts: 0
A local store has STO boxed copies (I know right? crazy hehe) and I was curious what imputing the code into my account would wield me. Does it just give the in-game items and perks that it says on the box? Does it give a month of something? Any info would be great.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    solidage wrote: »
    A local store has STO boxed copies (I know right? crazy hehe) and I was curious what imputing the code into my account would wield me. Does it just give the in-game items and perks that it says on the box? Does it give a month of something? Any info would be great.

The items and perks, and one month of "gold" access:

http://sto.perfectworld.com/about/freetoplay/features-matrix
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Actually, I take that back; I seem to recall something about that having been changed so that the free month only applies to new accounts, not existing ones. Don't have a link handy though.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If you can snag the Collector's Edition for around $15-20, do so. It comes with the Red Matter Capacitor which is one of the most universally useful things in the game.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,882 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If you can snag the Collector's Edition for around $15-20, do so. It comes with the Red Matter Capacitor which is one of the most universally useful things in the game.

I confirmed that...you should still be able to grab all the extra goodies associatted with that key code....either from target or amazon.
    DUwNP.gif

• solidagesolidage Member Posts: 0
    edited February 2013

what does the red matter do?
  • tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    what does the red matter do?

Its an emergency power to everything button.

http://www.stowiki.org/Red_Matter_Capacitor
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Actually, I take that back; I seem to recall something about that having been changed so that the free month only applies to new accounts, not existing ones. Don't have a link handy though.

Not entirely true.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Using that code would trigger a TPAE (Timeline Preservation Anomaly Event) in which you would have to go back to 2011. Then you would have to stay in that timeline, in which STO is doing awesomely well and boxes, collector's editions, timecards and all sorts of swag is still produced.

You would also be given a one time option to return to your timeline of origin, and by doing so you would have no memories of your adventures in the other timeline once returned..

:eek::confused::rolleyes:
    signwidrona.png
  • dma1986dma1986 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not entirely true.
    Well done. You managed to say "you're wrong" without a) saying which bits are incorrect, or b) providing the correct information :rolleyes:
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    syberghost wrote: »

Worked fine on the one I applied in November, it gave me a month of subscription time and all the goodies that come with a sub (expanded inventory, account bank, etc.) when applied to my existing F2P Silver account.

The only thing that doesn't seem to work are the guest pass cards, they just give me an error when entered.