test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need For Special Projects That Require More Fleet Marks

john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
With the increase in fleet mark supply that we saw last week there is now a need for larger fleet mark special projects to let fleet members earn credits. I run a large fleet and even though we keep special projects going all day the marks are still filling up within a minute, sometimes less, of them opening. I would suggest some new special projects be added that instead of requiring 600 marks require 1200 or 1800 marks, and less commodities/doffs as a result.

Just to be clear, I am not complaining about all the new ways to get fleet marks, its great, would just like to see some larger special projects added to help with the influx of marks.
Post edited by john98837 on

Comments

• marshalericdavidmarshalericdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I do believe a little more fleet marks needed for stuff would be good so many times I try to help with fleet marks to see it is already finished. Maybe even more expertise could be added to things if not fleet marks. What would really be great is if they made you get more Fleet Credits when you help with Dilithium. 1 Fleet Credit per Dilithium is not enough.
  • haravikkharavikk Member Posts: 278
    edited February 2013
    I mentioned this in another thread that was looking at the difficulties of provisions, but I'll mention it again here since it seems relevant.

What I'd like to see is the removal of provisions (it's just one more currency that really just annoys people), leaving just Fleet Credits for all purchases, which seems like how it should be anyway.

All we need then is a special project in its own slot that appears automatically whenever there are no fleet projects requiring Dilithium and/or Fleet Marks. This project simply takes whichever of these resources players have an excess of, and exchanges them for fleet credits; the project only ends once they are no longer required.

The main purpose of the project is for once you've completed tier V, but it would also be useful for lulls when projects have met their mark/Dilithium requirements and are waiting for something else (or are in the finishing stage). The project then allows players to continue to earn fleet credits that they can later put towards items.
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited February 2013
    The whole reason for this is because fleet marks give way more credits than any other resource. Double the credits given by dilithium and halve those given by fleet marks is a better solution. Increasing the amount of fleet marks on projects will just put us all back where we were before the fleet mark rewards were increased.

There are smaller fleets out there starved for resources. Make an alliance or pact with them so members can freely move from the main to the alliance, dump marks and other resources into the smaller fleet and rejoin the main. Your members get credits, the smaller fleet gets help that they sorely need and it's not all being wasted either.

My fleet sorely needs 7000 fleet marks, if you want to dump them in we would be more than happy to take them and let you run off with bucket loads of credits.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    yea id be happy if they reduce the dilth and added cost to others things like fc and commodities.

trying to pay few million dilth is impossible for smaller fleets at the rate my fleet is going it will be well over 5years to complete one t5.

other games here i come.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    bpharma wrote: »
    The whole reason for this is because fleet marks give way more credits than any other resource. Double the credits given by dilithium and halve those given by fleet marks is a better solution. Increasing the amount of fleet marks on projects will just put us all back where we were before the fleet mark rewards were increased.

There are smaller fleets out there starved for resources. Make an alliance or pact with them so members can freely move from the main to the alliance, dump marks and other resources into the smaller fleet and rejoin the main. Your members get credits, the smaller fleet gets help that they sorely need and it's not all being wasted either.

My fleet sorely needs 7000 fleet marks, if you want to dump them in we would be more than happy to take them and let you run off with bucket loads of credits.

I'm not referring to the regular projects for military, engineering, and science categories. I am only talking about the special projects that larger fleets use to let people generate credits. I know the troubles of trying to level a starbase with a small fleet, would not suggest making that any harder.
  • clintsatclintsat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    TBH, it's the price you pay for being in a large fleet. Monkeying around with costs hurts smaller and mid-sized fleets. If you want to get fleet credit - dump in dilithium. :)
    edited February 2013
    clintsat wrote: »
    TBH, it's the price you pay for being in a large fleet. Monkeying around with costs hurts smaller and mid-sized fleets. If you want to get fleet credit - dump in dilithium. :)

How is there any down side to this at all even for small fleets? I am specifically asking for additional special projects to be made available that require more marks, and hopefully less of other items. I am not requesting that the current special projects require more marks or be replaced, I am not suggesting raising the mark requirement in any way on the projects that are used to advance your starbase. If your a small fleet who is strapped for marks you don't even run the special projects.

So I ask again, what is the down side here?
    edited February 2013
    The point you seem to be missing is that there are smaller fleets that would welcome the marks. Someone has already pm'd me to say they would happily fill ALL our fleet mark requirements.

If your members want fleet credits for fleet marks find some smaller fleets and make arrangements to help them rather than setting up these stupid extra projects. You could even have an alliance with a small fleet and let your overspill of eager contributors jump in and fill projects then rejoin your fleet. Win, win for all concerned.

• khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This just over-complicates matters.

Give all fleet stores an item where we can buy 1000 fleet credits for lets say 50 fleet marks. Problem solved.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • seekerkorhilseekerkorhil Member Posts: 472
    edited February 2013
    As it happens there is a project designed for just this purpose. Giving large fleets ways to earn fleet marks outside of the normal projects.

It goes in the special project slot at the bottom, has a 15 minute timer, awards next to no xp but has steep requirements just so people can earn more fleet credits. That is the purpose of this project.

Slot it if you want it.
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Surely if you up the Fleet Mark costs of the projects, you just end up causing fleet mark inflation. Rather pointless idea, just get people to save their marks. When you get the massive T4 and T5 upgrade projects, you will be grateful that your members are swimming in marks.
  • kagurazaka77kagurazaka77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As it happens there is a project designed for just this purpose. Giving large fleets ways to earn fleet marks outside of the normal projects.

It goes in the special project slot at the bottom, has a 15 minute timer, awards next to no xp but has steep requirements just so people can earn more fleet credits. That is the purpose of this project.

Slot it if you want it.

That's the exact project he's talking about and the one where he'd like the FM requirement increased.

Am I the only person who read this thread?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    500 years in the future and we still look like schmucks when getting our ID photos taken...
    edited February 2013
    Yes we all read it but what then OP wants is the ability to earn more fleet credits due to the increase in marks being awarded.

We have suggested other ways for a person to get tons of fleet credits, the problem is no-one wants to give up their precious dilithium or help a smaller fleet fill their fleet mark requirements.

edited February 2013
    Yes we all read it but what then OP wants is the ability to earn more fleet credits due to the increase in marks being awarded.

We have suggested other ways for a person to get tons of fleet credits, the problem is no-one wants to give up their precious dilithium or help a smaller fleet fill their fleet mark requirements.

I see your point about helping smaller fleets, just not looking to administrate the headache of members constantly leaving to help small fleets and then returning. This is a simple suggestion to help the members of larger fleets while causing no harm to medium or smaller fleets.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The point you seem to be missing is that there are smaller fleets that would welcome the marks. Someone has already pm'd me to say they would happily fill ALL our fleet mark requirements.

If your members want fleet credits for fleet marks find some smaller fleets and make arrangements to help them rather than setting up these stupid extra projects. You could even have an alliance with a small fleet and let your overspill of eager contributors jump in and fill projects then rejoin your fleet. Win, win for all concerned.

Wow! Sounds like there's a bigger interest in putting fleet marks into smaller fleets than I realized... I believed that most people wouldn't bother coming into a fleet just long enough to collect their fleet credits and leave, due to the hassle of leaving, joining, leaving, and rejoining.

Allow me to say that the small fleet I am in would also welcome some help filling up projects with fleet marks. The fleet credits any benefactor can have, with our compliments.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • resoundingenvoyresoundingenvoy Member Posts: 439
    edited February 2013
    I think the problem was the devs caved. :P The original mission added in season 6 were fine. What happened what people were farming the foundry missions. The original missions could get you all the marks you needed. You just had to do more then ignore them, and cry when your milk bottle got taken away. :\

A full fleet group doing nukkar and deferia can earn upwards of 500 fleet marks for each player, each night. All in under or around a hour. Awesome for small fleets. Disastrous for larger fleets. A shop item or special fleet project to sink all those marks into would be great, but other then that your just going to be compounding a problem.
    edited February 2013
    Well I just had a fine young gentleman dump about 8,000 marks in our projects and it really helped a lot. Took no longer than 1 minute to join us, fill the projects and then go back to his original fleet. Words cannot express how thankful our fleet is for that.

He was plenty happy with the 400,000 fleet credits he earned from it, we were willing to let him buy anything he wanted but he didn't need anything.

• vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well I just had a fine young gentleman dump about 8,000 marks in our projects and it really helped a lot. Took no longer than 1 minute to join us, fill the projects and then go back to his original fleet. Words cannot express how thankful our fleet is for that.

He was plenty happy with the 400,000 fleet credits he earned from it, we were willing to let him buy anything he wanted but he didn't need anything.

sooo jealous, couldnt we all use generous people like this to help out the little guys.
    :eek:
    edited February 2013
    I know, we will always have a place for him if he ever needs anything.

According to the OP "I see your point about helping smaller fleets, just not looking to administrate the headache of members constantly leaving to help small fleets and then returning. This is a simple suggestion to help the members of larger fleets while causing no harm to medium or smaller fleets."

There is something called delegation, anyone in your fleet who can invite to fleet can take on a role in helping this happen. You do not have to run a star base on your own nor would I encourage it. Just don't give away all power to others.

• moratoriummmmmoratoriummmm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I know that this isnt the place really to ask for help,but im at my wits end,my PWE acct doesnt have my lvl 50 acct anymore..i cant find it when i log into the client,and i worked hard and spent alot of real world money on him,and i got a crapload of items and ships,and its all gone,now how would i get it back? or find it?

im really at my wits end if anyone can send me a reply to help me that would be greatly appreciated...i dont want to start over and loose all that hard earned stuff including stuffi bought like TOS bridge and the like...

please someone help me,thank you

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies .

You really need to get in touch with PWE Customer Service. Please file a ticket at https://support.perfectworld.com

~Bluegeek