test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best hangar ships to have on a carrier??? advice please

chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
On a Fed or Klingon carrier,what are the best hangar ships/fighters to have????
Yes i know to go for purple grade ones.
As for those,my guess for klingon carriers would be the skull fighters???
any thoughts on all this????
Post edited by chaz200565 on

Comments

• Options
    emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ellite Scorpion Fighters from Romulan reputation are outstanding, mostly because they have the High Yield Torpedo ability.
  • Options
    bi9tbi9t Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Until we see the Ultra Rare fleet pets, elite scorps are the best. And for KDF the BoPs come pretty close.

PvP......... depends on how much you want people to cry.
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    In the next month my kdf fleet will have elite fleet pets so I can't comment on how good they are.
    But doing a dps analysis on the elite Scorpions vs very rare bop, they have similar dps but the scorpions win because of the respawn
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    tribbleorlfltribbleorlfl Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I agree with the other posters, go w/ the scorpions (though i have the vr advanced and the ultra rare elites), unless you're one of the few w/ access to the jemmy bug pets.

My fleet will be joining chalpen's in the next couple weeks w/ t5 engineering, so the elite fleet carrier pets are probably better than the scorpions. The fed fleet peregrins will probably only be surpassed by the bugs for dmg, though im thinking about going fleet elite delta flyers (for survivability) or danubes (for tractor beam).
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I agree with the other posters, go w/ the scorpions (though i have the vr advanced and the ultra rare elites), unless you're one of the few w/ access to the jemmy bug pets.

My fleet will be joining chalpen's in the next couple weeks w/ t5 engineering, so the elite fleet carrier pets are probably better than the scorpions. The fed fleet peregrins will probably only be surpassed by the bugs for dmg, though im thinking about going fleet elite delta flyers (for survivability) or danubes (for tractor beam).

The Jem Bug pets are about 40-50% as effective as elite scorps. They are currently one of the worst Hangar pets available.
  • Options
    twoblindmonkstwoblindmonks Member Posts: 255
    edited February 2013
    bi9t wrote: »
    The Jem Bug pets are about 40-50% as effective as elite scorps. They are currently one of the worst Hangar pets available.

Actually they fixed them. They are epic now.
    edited February 2013
    They're still not as good as elite scorpions (which makes sense, advanced JHAS are very rare quality and elite scoprions are ultra rare quality), but it's closer than it was before.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    No they are not, they are exactly the same dps wise as before.

Please stop spreading misinformation about them. They "look" cooler flying around, but parsing them they are the same in dps from before and after the fix.

You are hamstringing your hangar dps by around 50% by using them. But most people are content that they look like they are doing something.
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Would it be worthwhile taking them to Starbase 234 to test?
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    chalpen wrote: »
    In the next month my kdf fleet will have elite fleet pets so I can't comment on how good they are.
    But doing a dps analysis on the elite Scorpions vs very rare bop, they have similar dps but the scorpions win because of the respawn

You just became my new Best Friend :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    chalpen wrote: »

I'd love when that happens, if you are willing to give us the info on em.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Okay, I have another question. I have an Armitage with the point defense system from the Thunderchief and its own torpedo point defense system. The first uses phasers the latter photon torpedoes.

I am in the proces of reequipping my ship and I am changing to phaser weapons, cannons and turrets and photon torpedoes. I think my Tac consoles then boost my main weapons, my point defense systems and my peregrine fighters, who use phaser cannons and photon torpedoes. Is my thinking right or wrong.
  • Options
    thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    fovrel wrote: »
    Okay, I have another question. I have an Armitage with the point defense system from the Thunderchief and its own torpedo point defense system. The first uses phasers the latter photon torpedoes.

I am in the proces of reequipping my ship and I am changing to phaser weapons, cannons and turrets and photon torpedoes. I think my Tac consoles then boost my main weapons, my point defense systems and my peregrine fighters, who use phaser cannons and photon torpedoes. Is my thinking right or wrong.

Your consoles don't boost your pets. The only way to increase pet damage is through abilities that lower the resistances of your target (disruptor weapons, attack pattern: beta, etc).