test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Polarized Disruptor Beam Color

hapievohapievo Member Posts: 34 Arc User
Hello,

Sorry if this has been answered before (I tired to find it via search and did not come up with any results). But I was wondering what color are the beams of the polarized disruptors?

thanks in advance!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by hapievo on

Comments

• dma1986dma1986 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Damage type is disruptor. So green.
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    dma1986 wrote: »
    Damage type is disruptor. So green.
    Though this isn't always true... Spiral Wave Disruptor damage type is disruptor, but their yellow...
  • hapievohapievo Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the responses!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    Hello, I was playing over the weekend and got to thinking about the other hybrid energy types. Do they also have the same appearance/color as the type of damage they do? E.g., how phased polaron beams are purple like regular polaron beams.

Thanks again!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dma1986dma1986 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hapievo wrote: »
    Hello, I was playing over the weekend and got to thinking about the other hybrid energy types. Do they also have the same appearance/color as the type of damage they do? E.g., how phased polaron beams are purple like regular polaron beams.

Thanks again!
    Yep. The only exception is the one mentioned by GrouchyOtaku, the Spiral-Wave 'ruppies (I think that's because we've seen Cardassian ships shooting yellow shots in TV episodes, so they break the colour rule for canon reasons).

It also applies on the ground weapons, a phased-tetryon rifle will fire blue, pol-dis pistol green etc.
    edited February 2013
    Thanks again!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hapievo wrote: »

Thanks again!

Phased polaron are purple, but the animation, at least for the beams is different, a recolored phaser beam rather than the squiggly-line thing standard polarons shoot. Also, I believe the sound effects on the beam are different than standard polarons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
  • thepopeofbeersthepopeofbeers Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Also, Phased Tetryon is a little more teal than regular Tetryon. Romulan Plasma is supposed to be a little more green than regular Plasma, too.

In fact, the only hybrid weapons that don't get their own special fx are Plasma-Disruptors and Polarized Disruptors. As far as I know, all the others do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]