test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ship Weapon Autofire Bug

rachelj88rachelj88 Member Posts: 465 Arc User
edited March 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I'm currently experiencing a bug which stops my weapons from autofiring although my weapons on the IU (HUD) are highlighted green and state they will autofire when I hover over the weapon.

I cannot right click the weapon to un-autofire them and re-apply the autofire.

any temporary fixes or an ETA on its fix or any knowledge on this bug and any work arounds would be greatly appreciated. :( my spacebar can't take anymore of this. :(

RachelJ88
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by rachelj88 on

Comments

• Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I hope they'll fix it for ya soon. :/
  • Options
    rachelj88rachelj88 Member Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have found a temporary fix!!

if you are currently experiencing this bug to where you are not autofiring but the weapon is highlighted green and says it will autofire, but you are unable to undo the green highlight to disable autofiring.

go to your options.
    - go to controls.
    - - select space.
    - - - at the bottom, select reset to defaults.

this worked with me and has no doubt temporarily fixed this bug for me.

RachelJ88
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    spacepenguin121spacepenguin121 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    rachelj88 wrote: »
    I have found a temporary fix!!

if you are currently experiencing this bug to where you are not autofiring but the weapon is highlighted green and says it will autofire, but you are unable to undo the green highlight to disable autofiring.

go to your options.
    - go to controls.
    - - select space.
    - - - at the bottom, select reset to defaults.

this worked with me and has no doubt temporarily fixed this bug for me.

RachelJ88

Having this same bug with the autofire toggle not working, only in this case the there is no green highlight and it can't be toggled on. Will try your work around when I get home, thanks for posting it.
    uffishthoughtuffishthought Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Your suggestion helped make the game playable again :)

That said, the rate of fire for my beam arrays seems noticeably lower than it was prior to the introduction of this bug. I'm not sure if it's just a graphical effect, or if it actually works out to lowered DPS, as I haven't parsed it out.

Anyone else feel similarly?
  • Options
    raistalionraistalion Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have noticed this as well, though I don't seem to be able to improve the situation with a restore to default. Im not sure if the Beams are firing slower or if the attacks are cutting short. In either case there has been a noticeable drop in my DPS since about 3 days ago.

I just sent in a bug describing this as best I can.

It feels like the beam attacks are cutting short mid-fire cycle but the counter to them re-firing continues so thier is a pause in the attack chain.

- Raith
  • Options
    raistalionraistalion Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I did some experiments trying to figure out what might be happening with beams and it seems like it MAY just be a major problem with Phasers. I only say that as it did not seem to effect my Anti-proton trials as severely though even those seemed slow.

What I did was to remove all my weapons except 1 beam and timed it.

Over the 4 second cycle of a beam firing it is instead firing as...

pulse, pulse, pause, pulse, pulse

Its that middle pause which seems to be throwing the DPS as its not just the effect but that pause is about half a second without firing and thus the pulses before and after are shortening to fit it in to the cycle.

Activating Fire at Will does still increase the fire rate to 5 Pulses per 4 seconds but they are still cutting short so their is a tiny little pause at the end of each pulse.

Once you see it happen, its noticeable even when running all beams.

- Raith