What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Wolfpack 2409

lukeminherexxlukeminherexx Member Posts: 81 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Ten Forward
Captain Marrick Log- Discovery Mission Delta Quadrant

Entry 1

The Nina has been commissioned for a discovery mission. High amounts of energy were detected coming from a planet dubbed only "Planet Hell". While we are aware of a species that used this planet for birthing, the energy emissions were found to be different. Star Fleet command commissioned my ship, the U.S.S. Nina, for discovery.

Entry 2

Strange emissions have been found throughout the quadrant, in fact, they are very trace, but very odd. Our science team has been hard at work, gathering information, and studying it. As of now, we have no name for these emissions. They do put off trace amounts of radiation.

Entry 3

We have encountered the Borg in the Delta Quadrant,the Borg have been persuing us all over the quadrant. In our first encounter with them, they crippled our engines, and we have only been able to use impulse. Lt. Commander Pac Ishozi of engineering was able to get us to full impulse. This however will not get us out of the quadrant, and back to safety. The tactical equipment of the Nina has been limited due to the scientific equipment on board. We must now use our own wiles, as opposed to technology.

Entry 4

Lt. Luke Minhere has shown himself to be very clever in these battles with the Borg. They were able to take down our aft shields long enough to attempt a boarding. I have been gravely wounded in the encounter, and this may well be my final entry. Lt. Minhere was able to redirect the phasers' coil make up so that every shot has a slight enough change in pattern that the Borg cannot adapt. We were able to hold them off long enough to regain our shields. Lt. Nasza got our transport fully online, and directed it to transport the remaining Borg into space. With shields back up, it has turned into a game of chase, that I fear I may never see the end of. If this is indeed my final entry, then let it be known I die as I lived, transgressing the stars, and exploring the vastness of a universe that is filled with wonders and marvels.

(ooc note: I have enjoyed Star Trek, especially TNG, but am far from a "treky". My main character in these stories will be Luke Minhere, a rogue fleet officer. If there are any really bad discrepencies, feel free to PM me. I am trying to learn as I go. :) )
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else. -Einstein

Post edited by lukeminherexx on

Comments

• Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    [Not bad at all for a start! My only critique would be that in entries 1 and 2 you "said again" something already stated ...

"The Nina has been commissioned for a discovery mission."
    then
    "Star Fleet command commissioned my ship, the U.S.S. Nina, for discovery."

"Strange emissions have been found throughout the quadrant, in fact, they are very trace, ..."
    then
    "They do put off trace amounts of radiation."

Otherwise, I look forward to reading the exploits of Captain Minhere and how he got to be "rogue" :) ]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    (Thank you. I thought I had posted more, but I must have logged out before I saved it! I had said I will leave the log as is, and blame Marrick for the mistake. Thank for the compliment. Hope you enjoy it when I actually get to writing the story..and saving it properly. Have to get ready to go for gall bladder surgery in a 1/2 hour..funsies)
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else. -Einstein

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Was that going to be entry 5?

(No, lol, but what an adventure none the less )

Lt. Commander Luke Minhere looked at the last entry of Captain Marrick, as he did time to time. The leather seat he now sat in once belonged to the commander, but the ship he now captained was new.
    "I was recieved as a hero, and yet you were the hero", Luke said, a frown on his face.

It was true that Luke was able to change the phasers to adapt to the Borg's ability to, well, adapt. He excelled in weapons of all kinds. The phaser's change was to the decimal, so they could have literally fought them for days. They did not need to, they only needed to hold them off long enough for the transporters to do their job.
    As Captain Marrick wrote in his log, it became a chase.Their captain was dead. The commander was in sick bay, and would die days later from a severe brain injury. The engines were holding, but the Borg would catch them soon enough.
    Everyone now looked to Luke for the answer. Lt. Commander Pac Ishoz, an Andorian, pulled Luke aside.
    "Lt. Minhere, I believe we can transwarp, but it will be extremely dangerous," he offered.
    Luke looked him over, his normally bluish skin was a bit more pale.
    "Pac, you hold rank over me," Luke said, with a slight tug of a grin on his face.
    "Rank does not make a person a leader, it simply means I know the job I do. Everyone is now looking to you sir, and quite frankly, while I know it's a solution, I do not want to make the decision."
    Luke nodded a bit, then looked at the screen that showed the Borg ship matching them speed for speed. It would not be long before they adapted, and would close in.
    "Fair enough, out with it," he said.
    "If we can put all power to the shields around the warp core, I can place a certain amount of quantum mines within it. We can set them off, causing an explosion. If calculated just right, the small area will hold the blast, and cause it to implode. The implosion will then create a small black hole, which will give off enough energy to push us into transwarp, before the singularity contains the blast itself."
    Luke looked to the engineer, considering the proposal.
    "And what of the black hole, wont it..." but Pac was already shaking his head no.
    "A black hole that small will evaporate within moments."
    "Make it so, Lt. Commander," Luke said, and those five words would be the words that pushed him into captaining his own ship.

Of course it all worked. Lt. Commander Pac Ishoz was quite good at what he did. He excelled in quantom mechanics, warp drives, and even singularities. He would later explain to Luke that the formula, R_{\mu\nu\rho\sigma}R^{\mu\nu\rho\sigma} , tells us that the singularity may have become a wormhole in itself, and transported them, well, somewhere else. Where else, he was not sure. Another galaxy, or into a star, or into another universe. Who knew?
    Luke was sure he did not know, and no matter of explaining by Pac would help him know any better. Luke simply stopped Pac when he began to explain that the Ashtekar variables were a factor but, "but I really don't understand what you are saying, Pac, and you are giving me a headache."
    Pac stopped explaining.

Luke, Pac, and Nasza were awarded for their bravery, and their ability to work under such duress. The entire crew was commended for their efforts. Luke was made captain of the U.S.S. Wolfpack, a brand new Support Cruiser for the fleet. Admiral Quinn explained that they were in need of as many ships as possible, and that he would make captain soon enough. Pac and Nasza were added to his crew, along with 698 others that he was now responsible for.
    Luke scoffed, and leaned back into the soft leather chair. A great captain was dead. The U.S.S. Nina was in such bad shape that they would not be able to repair it. The engines were destroyed in the transwarp. The hull was compromised in too many places, weakened in too many more.
    And he, Luke Minhere, was hailed as a hero.
    Luke wondered if they would hold him in such high regards had they only known that he was to blame for some of the things that lead up to the entire incident.

"Lt. Commander, we are cleared to dock at the Earth Space Station," a voice came over the comm informing him.
    "I will be right out," he said, taking a last look at the screen, the final log of Captain Marrick and the U.S.S. Nina, then turned if off as he stood, and exited the ready room.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    "So, you are a captain," the young ensign asked, her lashes batting, her full red lips slightly parted.
    "No, he is not," a female voice said from behind Luke, the woman apparently looking over his shoulder at the ensign. The lounge on Starbase 47 was becoming crowded, though by Luke's count there were only three of them in there, along with the one bartender.
    Luke looked behind him.
    "Sezirea, what are you doing here?"
    "I guess I should leave you two alone," the ensign said, as she got up to leave, her short skirt barely covering her unmentionables as she spun away.
    "Wait, no no, you can," Luke began.
    "You can carry on, right on out of here young lady, and report to your own captain," Sezirea finished for him. "Are you even old enough to be in here?"
    Luke watched as the pretty blonde recruit slinked out of the lounge, then looked to Sezirea. Sezeria was beautiful, it was true, but Luke also had seen photos of when she was a man. This took away all thoughts of conquering the Trill.
    Well, almost all thoughts.
    "Now why did you go and do that," Luke asked, shaking his head a bit.
    "That is Admiral Lorin's daughter and Admiral Lorin does not know the word 'forgive'," his Lt. Commander said, an eyebrow raised at him.
    "Put that eyebrow away, Lt. Commander. I am a big boy and I can take care of myself," Luke offered, then slammed back his synthale.
    "Why are you here, and don't tell me it was to save my virtue?"
    This of course brought a chuckle to Sezirea, and a shake of her own head.
    "No. I have given up on that a long time ago," she said, though that was not exactly true.
    "Git is asking for you."
    "Ah, my Ferengi friend. What manner of profit has he in store for us?"
    "I didn't ask, and I would suggest you not ask," she replied, motioning the bartender over.
    "Heh, well, Git isn't that bad. I have been knowing him for some time."
    "Git is a Ferengi, and thus, by nature, a crook," Sezeria offered, then ordered herself a drink.
    "Stop being so prejudice. He only believes in true capitolism, is that so bad?"
    "Why do you need capitol? Earth itself has not had that type of system for centuries," she supplied, then stopped and looked to him.
    She had forgotten, and regretted it immediately.
    "I am human, Sezirea, but not an Earthling," Luke reminded her. "And Git is not a crook."
    "Sorry boss," Sezirea offered, their spar now over. "I did come to tell you that he enquired of you though," thinking that should make up for calling Git a crook.
    "That you did," Luke smiled again, a very handsome smile at that, with his dark eyes now fixed on Sezirea. "For that I will buy you another drink. I like this base, it is nice and quiet. Not like some of those others in this system."

• Options
    edited February 2013
    "So you see, if you can get me those warp lingdunions, ancient as they are, I can split the profit," Git offered, his words low and careful.
    Luke looked his old friend over. Friend being a loose term when it came to this Ferengi. Still, he had saved Luke's life on several occassions, though always making sure it was understood that it was for Git's own gain.
    Luke knew different, though he would never dishonor the businessman by divulging such.
    "They were outlawed by the Federation decades ago, due to their leakage of carbons, sometimes in such a high amount, they can overwhelm a small village."
    "Oh, I know this. It would be used on a rock planet, not even a planet, really. More of an asteroid. Hardly even an asteroid when you..." Luke waved him off with a chuckle.
    "I hate to break the news to you, but I am not due to leave this station for another week, the Wolfpack is being furbished with a duel core plasma cannon."
    "Ah, well, I have other avenues to attend in this. It would have meant some nice gold latinum in your swelling chest, none the less."
    "None the less," Luke smiled. "I thank you for thinking to involve me in such a deal."
    "You have come a long way, Luke. A long way. You were but a child when I met you. Your father was my best business partner. I only wished that he would have asked you to stay with the Ferangi, instead of insisting on you attending the Starfleet Academy. It was his only weakness, that you get to know your humanity," Git said, but there was no insult in his tone, only a matter of fact view from a Ferengi.

Luke walked Git to the transporter, and saw him off. Sezirea watched them from a distance, letting Luke have his time with a man that was somewhat of an uncle to him. She knew where Luke was from, though as far as she knew, the Federation had no idea. His records were not really doctored, his actual parents were shown. The Earth city he would have lived in had he remained with them was marked as where he grew up. He was shown to have been home schooled, due to illness. All of this Luke once confided to her, in a drunken stooper after he lost a drinking contest with a Klingon. What with the wars, and the Borg, and the refugees spilling in from all over the galaxy, who had time to check beyond the surface to insure his story was legitament. He aced all of his entry exams. He passed all manners of lie detector tests. Luke was, according to all sources, who he said he was.
    Of course she told him all he spoke of, and asked if it was true, a couple of days after the hangover wore off. Luke almost denied it, and had he done that, she would have let the matter drop. However, in perhaps a moment of weakness, he simply nodded. They never really spoke of it again, and he offered no more information into his past. The best she could piece together now, having served by him for a few years, and now under him, was that he had odd friends in the smuggling business. They also took on odd cargo at times, and his orders sometimes changed suspiciously, to suit where the odd cargo needed to go.
    As a loyal officer of the Starfleet, over a century now, she should have reported him. However, Sezirea was fascinated by him. His dark eyes. His handsome smile. His outlook on life was nothing like the sterile life of the officers that filled the Federation. No, Luke was different.
    Sezirea simply chuckled at that a moment.
    "Aren't we all different," she said to herself, and walked to meet Luke, who was walking back to meet her.

• Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Fantastic anecdotes, thanks for sharing :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    1 1/2 WEEKS LATER

"FIRE!!!" Commander Minhere shouted, as the U.S.S. Wolfpack shook from the impact. All phasers were fired at once, damaging shields of multiple targets, and luckily taking out most of the plasma missiles that were deployed.
    Silence, then another round of shaking.
    "Fire phasers at will," the young commander cried out.
    "Damage Report?" A calmer female voice called.
    "Shields are holding, Lt. Sezeria, damage is very minimum, mostly from the torpedoes shaking the hull," called back Lt. Commander Pac.
    "Bank hard to port, then round the station. If these Birds want to fight us on our own turf, then let them see what 47 can do," Luke said.
    As if on command, Starbase 47 began firing it's plasma turrets on the lead Romulan vessel.
    "On my mark, fire all weapons on the lead bird," Luke called.
    The bridge became silent but for a brief moment, as Luke watched the energy build up on the instruments.
    "Fire," he called out.
    The forward screen filled with a plasma explosion as the Space Station itself seemed to shake.
    The lead War Bird was now only many pieces of space junk beginning to circle the station.
    The bridge was once again quiet.
    "The other two birds?" Luke enquired.
    "Cloaked sir, and running scared" Pac said, looking to the screen. "I can follow their trail, because of the damage we did to them, but they will be able to warp soon."
    "Don't bother. Stay in orbit of the station, I will beam down and see if there is anything they need. Sezirea with me, Pac, you have the bridge."
    "As you command sir," Pac called out, and took his place in the captain's chair as Luke and Sezirea headed to transport.

"What was that about," Luke asked, as they made their way down the hall, away from the others.
    "I am unsure, I mean, they had to know we could defend the station," Sezirea replied. "They left quickly when they saw that the station could be defended easily against them."
    Luke nodded.
    "Maybe they have some answers for us on the station."

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Admiral Lorin was fit to be tied, as the old earth saying went. Luke could see her hands flying in the air, a fist waved now and again, and a scowl thrown at anyone else that dared to offer an opinion. He saw all of this through the thick sound proof, weapon proof glass. He was merely waiting his turn to speak with the always "elegant" Lorin Vistin.
    Sezirea simply sat by him, very stoic.
    "You would think we just lost the fight, the way she is carrying on in there," Luke finally said, barely over a whisper.
    "Told you, she is not a forgiving, cheery person," Sezirea replied, not looking at the commander.
    Luke and Sezirea then watched as two gentlemen, humans from all appearance, passed in front of them, and with their own code, opened the doors to the private office. As the doors slid open, everyone, including the admiral, became very quiet. The two began to introduce themselves as the doors closed, and neither Luke nor Sezirea could hear who they were. In moments the room cleared of all personnel, except the admiral, who was no longer throwing her arms around, nor giving out fantastic orders that probably no one could physically follow anyway.
    The admiral's chin suddenly jutted up, and her eyes then met with Luke's. Luke was not sure if it was pity or hate in her eyes, but Luke was sure he did not wish to know. This was not any of his business, so why she would look to him was beyond him.
    The glass doors slid open as the admiral exited, and motioned with her chin toward Luke.
    "That is him," was all she said, as she stormed off. "Ready my ship, we are leaving this station!" She called out to what appeared to be no one, yet suddenly her crew began appearing, moving quickly and busily.
    "I guess we were just lucky the admiral was here," Luke said, watching her leave. Then he turned to one of the men in the office, who's eyes were directly on him. He smiled one of his patented Luke smiles.
    "Commander Luke Minhere, come inside, we need to speak," the man said, apparently unaffected by the smile.
    Sezirea attempted to get up to follow them in, but the other put a hand out in a stopping motion to her, shaking his head.
    "Only Mr. Minhere."
    Sezirea sat back down.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    "Yes, I assure you the base is unprotected. Bring your birds, and you will have run of the place until the Federation catches wind of it, by then, you best be gone," the Ferengi voice said, low and hard to understand, but apparent none the less.

The two men wore suits and ties, more akin to 21'st century wear than 25th, with Starfleet insignias sewn into the suit right above the heart, if they truly even had hearts. They looked very similar, squared jutting chins, broad jaws, and blue eyes. One however was blonde, the other dark haired.
    The dark haired man cut the recording off, and both stared at Luke. Luke simply stared back for a moment.
    "You don't suppose that is me," he finally said, looking from one to the other.
    The blonde looked to the dark haired man then back to Luke.
    "I am Agent Right, I work with Commander Drake. This is Agent Martin."
    Drake, of course they worked with him. He was the spook of the system, and why bother to come on his own if he could send some goons.
    Luke just watched the two, and said nothing.
    "Well, anyway, Drake asked us to contact you about this, and quite frankly, we think you have more to do with this than you think."
    "I dont think anything, because I do not know what this is, and since I do not know what this is, the chances of me being involved lies between slim and absolutely not. With that said, feel free to go on. I am interested in finding out what it is all about," Luke looked blankly at the two again, and waited their answer.
    The dark haired man stood up, and ignored the frown of disapproval from his partner.
    "I am tired of this TRIBBLE. Look, the guy on the recording is your buddy, that we have you speaking to up until the time he left the station about a week and a half ago. His name is Git, and he asked you to transport some illegal material into Federation Space. Now, you can either start cooperating with us, or we can throw you in the brig until you do. Is THIS clear enough for you, Captain?"
    Luke was stunned into silence, something that happens very little. Git was a small time smuggler, not someone that the big boys would even bat an eye at.
    "Simmer down Martins," Right said, and Martins sat back down, with quite the frown on his face.
    "You acknowledge that you know Git?" Right asked.
    "I know him," Luke said, now his curiosity was getting the better of him. Also, it sounded like Git had gotten himself into more trouble than he could handle.
    "Then you know he is small time, and obviously not worth our time," Right said, now a look of concern on his face.
    "Low lifes like that usually don't register on the big boys pay scale, in other words, Captain," Martins said, offering a sneer of dislike to Luke.
    Luke thought of many come backs in but a moment, most of which would have prompted the big suit to hit him, but he didn't have time for that. Something was up with Git.
    "What happened?" Luke asked.
    Martins pushed a file over to Luke, then Right explained.
    "Your friend, Git, apparently got mixed up in a Romulan group that wish to take control of the empire itself. Normally that would not be our concern. Yet, they are looking for something big, what they are looking for, we are not really sure. There is talk of a star eater, which sounds ridiculous of course. Other talk of a better cloaking device. That sounds a bit more feasible. Apparently, Git did some work for them, and once he was involved with them, they decided they would use him until they could not use him anymore."
    "Your little ugly friend got in over his head, which of course isn't that hard for the midgets of the Galaxy to do," Martin chuckled, this time Luke looked him in the eye.
    "He is my friend, sir, and I would ask you show some decency, if not respect."
    "I will show you...." Martin began, but Right grabbed his shoulder, and Martin shut up.
    "Captain Minhere, we think Git is in danger. We lost contact with him near the neutral zone. Everything went dark. He apparently sent the Romulans here, but why I do not know. They came expecting the place to be easy pickings, and obviously it was not. Martin and I were dark at the time, and it took us this long to get back here. The Federation assured us that the place was secure, and wished to see where you stood on things. You passed the test. We will be removing the Quantum Device from your warp drive before you leave."
    "Don't bother, Lt. Commander Pac already removed it," Luke said, waving it off. He was use to booby traps, bombs, and set ups. His former upbringing taught him that, and his extra curricular activities kept the skill sharp.
    Martin frowned, but said nothing.
    "Anyway, if you can help us to find your friend, we can see to his safety. If you know where he may be, or, if there is a way to track him that you know of. I fear the Romulans have him, but we do not know for sure."
    "I don't know. I see him very little anymore. I was raised around him, you see," Luke said. He was not really divulging information, he knew the two already had that information.
    "Well, anything that can help. Contact us through Drake if you think of something," Right nodded, and motioned for Martin to follow him out as they stood. "Keep and read the file, it is your mission statement. If you are caught somehow in neutral zone, or anywhere outside of Federation Space, you will be deemed a rogue agent, and subject to whatever laws you broke. Is this understood?"
    Luke simply nodded.

Luke met Sezirea outside of the office.
    "What was that about," she asked, concern now flowing across her face.
    "We will talk on the Blackwolf. Have Pac perform a complete sweep of the ship and all of it's systems. Make sure there are no bugs," Luke said, as he lead Sezirea to the transporters.
    "Things are picking up around here, and we are already chest deep in it without even knowing," Luke said, and Sezirea could see the concern in his eyes, something she seldom saw in Luke's eyes.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Lt. Commander Pac, Lt. Commander Seziera, and Lt. Monica all accompanied Luke into his ready room. The crew watched, but knew not to question any of their captain's actions. He was a hero, so they were all told. Most were either awed by him, or perhaps jealous of him, but he had never given any of them a reason to dislike him one bit.

"What is this all about, Captain," Pac asked. Of course he did. He was the voice of reason and in many ways the voice of the Federation. This was one of many reasons Luke liked having him around.
    "It seems we have a, mission to go on," Luke said, looking to Seziera, then back to Pac. "Starfleet wishes us to check out some star systems for a group of rogue Romulans. This will be off of the record, in many ways."
    Pac and Monica nodded, Seziera simply folded her arms and leaned against the wall. She was interested in hearing his spin on all of this. Monica wouldn't care one bit, she would follow Luke to hell and back. In fact, Seziera had a feeling Monica had a similar background as Luke. Pac on the other hand had to be convinced. Not that he would disobey orders, Pac would never do such a thing.
    "Why discreet. It sounds like a common mission to me," Pac said, his head tilting only slightly.
    "It is in the neutral zone, Pac. And if we are caught, the Federation will not acknowledge our mission," Luke looked into Pac's eyes, attempting to determine what the man may be thinking.
    Pac simply shrugged.
    "Then we should not get caught. Give me the coordinance Captain, and I will see to it that the crew is informed that we are on a classified mission. There will be no outside contact unless administration says so."
    Luke smiled. He was growing to like Pac more and more.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    (Writer's Note- From this time on, understand this is either a true story to you, meaning you can accept it along with the canon, or not. I have done some research into Star Trek, having only been a semi-fan, and mostly of TNG. It is good to note here that Star Trek does not follow any real canon, therefor, I hope any reader can look past anything that may seem out of place in what you, yourself believe. The thing I have come to enjoy about Star Trek, is that it leaves a good bit open to ones own imagination. No, I have not become a Trekkie yet. I will not be dressed as a Klingon or Vulcan anytime soon. I have come to respect the writers, and the community, and the wealth of imagination that it encourages concerning our own universe, and the things around us. We are all mere people, enjoying our families, our friends, and our very lives around us, while an entire universe spins about us.

Again, I am no Trekkie. However, when the night is dark, and I look up, I can almost see that somewhere, somehow, out there, there is more than just the life we have around us. It should garner a deeper respect for our universe around us, and make us realize, not how unimportant we are, but how important we are, to be a part of this universe and it's surroundings. While man may not have achieved the ability to go "where no man has gone before" in the physical sense, we are blessed with the imagination to go where none have gone before, and through writing it down, we can take along some friends. I hope you enjoy the crazy life of Luke Minhere, in or about the year 2409, as much as I enjoy your stories. You are welcome to join me, and you are more than welcome to participate with your own writings. While the universe is huge, there is no reason that our characters would not cross each others path.
    Math says time and space are not fixed. The right combination of things, the correct formula, and anything is possible. So, ENGAGE, my friends, and enjoy. )

• Options
    edited February 2013
    "Captain's Log, encoded. My ship has been sent to the edge of Delta Quadrant. We are not the typical exploration ship, in fact, we are not out here to explore at all. We are here to develop information. It appears that the Romulans as a culture are in trouble, and have been since the destruction of their home planet, Romulus. Desperate people do desperate things. Their sense of centralization has fractured, and now there seems to be core groups here and there. My friend, even more than a friend, a family member in everything except actual blood, has gotten himself caught up into something, and I fear he may be in trouble. Worse, Section 31 has taken an interest in his endeavors, and his friendships. He was involved in the attack on a Space Station, even were he not involved purposefully. His intent has no bearings on the way Section 31 sees him. If there is a splinter group of Romulans out there, then I must find them. They apparently have hopes of recreating the empire they once were. They may also have my friend, Git. Drake is no fool. While I may have turned down a mission to retrieve information of some Romulans attempting to see the rebirth of their empire, I will not walk away from my friend. Civilizations come and go. Some have lasted for millions of years, and some have died out in mere centuries. However, friends are who make us who we are. I live in a time when the one is sacrificed, if need be, for the greater good of the many. Honorable, to say the least. However, I never bought into that. I would sacrifice a galaxy to save those I love. Apparently I am someone Section 31 feels they can use. On the otherhand, Section 31 is something I can use."

Luke hit save, knowing that the encryption can well be broken some day by the Federation, Section 31 in particular. He didn't care so much about that. In fact, a part of him wanted them to see it.

The Delta Quadrant was only recently, in space terms, explored by the U.S.S. Voyager, an Intrepid Class Science Vessel, though only by accident. The Voyager was trapped a great distance away. Trapped by space and time. A transwarp was able to bring them back, and bring forth a new era in space travel. A new era does not always make for something better. The Delta Quadrant brought them some fabulous discoveries, but it also brought them the Hirogen, the Borg, and the Undine. None of these considered "good finds". However, it is the Hirogen of the Delta Quadrant that has caught Luke's attention. They are friends with the Romulans. This is where Section 31 apparently feels Git may be. Unfortunately, Luke knows this is probably where Git is, and has been off and on for some time. He never bothered with the why of it all, the edge of the Delta Quadrant is not exactly the Delta Quadrant, and the Ferengi tend to be wherever commerce may be most plentiful.

Now, the U.S.S. Wolfpack has been docked, and the U.S.S. Blackwolf has been recommissioned. A tactical escort ship, it is only fitting, if one is to enter the Delta Quadrant, to have a ship that is well prepared to defend itself. Luke could not help wonder on the "recommissioned" part, as he had not heard of the ship prior. He was assured it was fitted with everything he would need, and most important, a transwarp system that could get him home.
    He was the captain of a ship with 700 members on board, including some civilians. Now, he is a captain of 50, and civilians on board would be rare to say the least.

"So we are on a mission of discovery," Luke spoke through the on board comm system. "It may be filled with dangers, but I assure you that on the Blackwolf, we will be safe. Everyone on board is expected to do their jobs, and some day, we may very well get accommodations if we succeed. Captain Minhere out."
    Sezirea smiled, as Luke turned the mic off.
    "Mission of Discovery is it?"
    "Well, yes. Discover who these Romulans are that apparently felt a need to attack a Star Base. Discovering where Git is would not be so bad. Discovering what may be going on right on our border. Yes, I would say a mission of discovery," Luke offered, then leaned back into his leather chair, the one he had removed from the Wolfpack, that had been salvaged from the Nina.
    Sezirea offered a smile. She was Trill, joined with a symbiotic life. Her memories stretched generations passed her current captain's, yet something about the young human was intriguing. He was not raised by humans, he was raised by Ferengi, a strange upbringing for sure.
    "I wonder how they would feel knowing that their captain is considered a rogue fleet captain," she said, but not in any attempt to spark a philosophical discussion, Sezirea really wondered such.
    "I am not sure, but whether being sent to study the 4 moons of Aura in the Alpha Quadrant, or sent to find out what the Romulans are up to in the Delta Quadrant, they have their jobs to do. Weighing them down with mission specifics would not be beneficial," Luke offered one of his own smiles, the one that usually stopped people, particularly females, in their tracks.
    "I would fear that you would have more transfer request than we could manage," Sezirea replied, unaffected by the smile.
    Sezirea was the bridge science officer, and it was her duty to insure that, even though they were not on a science discovery mission, that science would continue to be researched.
    "May be so, Commander, but we will not be studying that behavioral process. Now, if you would meet me on the bridge, we can get underway. There is an old outpost that was once run by the Vulcans, but the space station is now civilian. I think we can expect to find some answers there from some old acquaintances of mine," Luke said.
    Luke's eyes flowed to the leather chair, then both exited the ready room.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    "Outpost Z," Luke motioned to the monitor as the old space station came into sight. It was basically a typical space station, rounded and rotating.
    "It looks rusted and falling apart," Monica said, eyeing the screen from her tactical station.
    Luke looked to the screen, obviously not seeing it the way she did. Of course he knew his own views were influenced by other factors.
    "Well, indeed Monica, it may look that way," he said, his smile fading only slightly. "We wont be docking though, so do not worry. Pac, you will need to beam us aboard. Monica, Sezeria, and Jason, you are with me. Nazsea, you have the bridge."

Luke looked about as soon as the transport was finished, plasma pistols in hand. He carried two, and was known for his abilities with them. The rest of crew carried Star Fleet issued phasers, make VIII. Something that would eventually have to be changed, and stopping here may actually be useful in just that.
    "The station is very quiet," Jason said, looking about through his molecular visors. "It has been for some time."
    Luke nodded. He had been here several times, though never with this crew. Never with his own ship either.
    Usually the place was a bustle of activity, though not exactly with the people that Star Fleet liked to rub elbows with. The Nina was allowed to keep track of them, a record of them was better than driving them into hiding.
    And the Ferengi were very good at hiding.
    "Captain, there are life signs here, this way, toward what I would assume is the administration part of the station," Jason said. The way he motioned confirmed to Luke the man was right, that exactly where administration was.
    Luke peered into the dining hall, which was completely shut down, the chairs were properly placed onto the tables.
    "Mig ran a tight ship in there," Luke said. "He never shut down, either."
    "Mig?" Sezirea asked.
    "A Ferengi acquaintance," Luke said. "They, well, bought this space station years ago. It was intended as a docking station, for civilians as well as, others."
    "So he is the owner?"
    "One of them," Luke chuckled a bit. "Come on, let' get to the administration office and see what is happening."

• Options
    edited February 2013
    "Ah, Captain Luke Minhere, my old acquaintance," the Ferengi said from behind his desk. Two large Klingons stood on either side of him, eyeing the new comer.
    "Mig, how are profits," Luke asked. It was meant in the way of a pleasant greeting, but it seemed to cause Mig to wince, though only slightly.
    "Fine, fine," Mig said, motioning Luke to enter. "Your crew members, will they be coming in as well?"
    "No, they feel cramped in small places," Luke replied, offering a warm smile. Luke saw the quick glance between the Klingons. They were carrying typical disruptors, Klingon styled. Neither wore the official outfits of their empire, and Luke could only assume they were not here on empire business.
    Luke entered, and heard the air shift as the door closed behind him.
    "I didn't know you would have company in here, but then again, the place is deserted, aside apparently from your friends here," Luke pointed out.
    "Friends? No, they are my body guards. I hired them only a few days ago. They are renegades from their empire, and were in need of work."
    The two Klingons simply stared at Luke.
    "I see," Luke said. " We wont be staying long, of course. We have business elsewhere."
    "Ah, the Federation, always has business somewhere. As always, my good acquaintance, you are welcome here. Take your crew to the Hospitality Suite, you should have passed it on your way in. Make yourselves at home, your meals are on me." Mig nodded to Luke.
    Before Mig could finish his nod, Luke's Plasma Pistols were in motion, a speed that almost defied the human mind. The two Klingons fell dead before they even knew they were in a gun fight.
    Mig's head dropped to the desk as he let out a big sigh.
    "I knew you would catch on," Mig said.
    "Hospitality Suite? As if you would break the law and have such a place on board," Luke chuckled, as he examined the two Klingons. The door behind him opened with his crew filing in, phasers in hand.
    Mig smiled as he looked to the crew.
    "There are more in the deck below. No doubt they already know you killed their friends here."
    "How many, and why are they here," Luke asked.
    "About another half dozen. They were left here by a Romulon War Bird three weeks ago, they were the only ones to come aboard."
    Luke looked them over, one apparently being the elder, his face more scarred.
    "He was their leader, and there was no apparent second in command," the Ferengi offered.
    "So we have six more below, monitoring what is going on?" Luke asked, a bit concerned as he looked out of the office door down the long corridors.
    "Relax, and leave them to me," Mig said, as he gathered himself together.
    "What are you going to do, proposition them to death?" Luke chuckled at the very non-violent little businessman that was pushing passed him into the hall.
    "No, not to death. I will make a deal with them. Obviously they are not part of the Empire, and obviously their leader is dead. Also obvious, and was becoming apparent to them, their Romulan friends were not coming back for them. You actually interrupted a discussion of whether to kill me, or allow me to live as their partners. I was quite pleased you arrived, because I believe the me being killed side of the argument was beginning to win. It was hard for me to obtain the upper hand, since everything I had they could acquire after my death."
    Luke nodded, understanding.
    "So what is it that you plan to offer these other Klingons," Pac asked.
    "A job," Mig said, a smile on his face as he headed down the hall.
    "Shall we join him?" asked Sezeria.
    "No, let him be. He knows what he is doing," was all Luke could offer. The others did not seem to like the idea of just standing there while apparent enemies were below, but Luke just motioned them back to the dining hall.
    "We will take advantage of his offer of a free meal," Luke chuckled.

• Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    [[Well said in post 13 above :) I am reading these with an open mind. Like you suggested the "Trekverse" is a big story and while some points are 'canon', you are enjoying it from your perspective and no one should take that away from you (within reason).

For my part, I am enjoying this as an observer. It's almost like a daily short story to me ;) Keep it up! ]]
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    "This won't stand Luke, I tell you, this WONT STAND!" Mig hopped about a bit, as he did when he was upset, losing his normal all business demeanor.
    Luke finished the last of his meal, a nice ice steak from sector four. This was one of the most expensive meals the station had to offer.
    "The way I see it, old friend, you owed it to me," Luke said, leaning back to allow the meal to digest properly.
    "I owe you? I owe you?" Mig demanded.
    "See, we are agreed," Luke chuckled, as the Ferangi's face actually turned a shade of red, something that was not easy to do to such dark skin.
    "What? No, that is not what I meant. You have been here now for a week, and in this week you have paid for nothing," Mig said, his eyes showing his anger, only causing Luke to chuckle. He then lifted a hand, knowing he was pushing his friend past the point of friendship.
    "Federation credits are good everywhere," Luke said, and tossed a card to Mig.
    "Knowing you, you tramp, this is probably a trick," Mig insisted, but scurried away with the card. Luke knew he would be charged more than any of the meals, and any of the supplies he transferred to his ship was worth. He did not care. The Federation could pay for it, he would get what he needed, and Mig would make out like the great businessman he was.
    Mig returned with a big smile, and a very different demeanor as he planted himself in a chair at the dining table with Luke. Customers were actually in the space station now, since Luke got rid of Mig's Klingon problem. The two he killed were brothers, and leading their band of a half dozen Klingons on a coup to take over the station. They had stopped all traffic before Luke's arrival.
    Now, the space travelers were filtering in again, and Mig even had some new security to watch over his place in the way of the remaining Klingons he brokered a deal with. Face captivity on a Federation prison planet, or work for Mig. Even the stubborn, honor and glory bound Klingons could not pass it up.
    "Look, I appreciate everything you did for me Luke, but you know, business is business," Mig said, nodding his head.
    "Of course, and that is why I paid you, when I well could have stuck to your agreement of gratuity," Luke chuckled.
    "Well, that, yes, but I am talking about something else. I mean, we don't get many Federation ships out here, and let me tell you, that one you have parked out there is a beauty to behold, and can put the fear in even the dimmest of aliens," Mig said with as much respect as he could muster.
    "But," Luke asked, his own smile now fading, knowing exactly where this was going.
    "But it can't stay here," Mig said, and Luke knew it was not easy for the Ferangi to say. To anyone else, it would have been cut and dry. Mig would have thanked them and sent them on their way within 48 hours. Luke was in many ways like family. Sure, a human family member, but family all the same. However, that big Federation ship had been hovering near his station long enough.
    Luke nodded, and put his best smile back on his face.
    "Mig, you have always been the best business man," he said, a show of the highest honor and respect to his Ferangi friend. Mig sat prouder now, sure he was making the right decision.
    "Good, that is settled. I am not saying you can't come back through here, and check up on old uncle Mig time to time. Bring your credits and trades and all of course," he said, standing up.
    Luke smiled and nodded, but his smile hid his disappointment. Not at Mig for kicking him off the space station. No, Luke was impressed with the fact that he had stayed this long. He was disappointed that Mig had no answers for him concerning Git.
    Luke had also hoped that someone would have passed through that he recognized that he could inquire about Git. He was able to get supplies that he could not have gotten from any Federation stop, and for that, he was pleased.
    Luke walked to the look out, a part of the station that few cared to even take note of. It stared out into deep space, where few have even gone. It was blackness, deep and dark. Somewhere out there, Git was in need of help, even if Git did not know it. The trick was to get to him in time.

Mig watched the young human, a frown crossing his own face. The young man was greatly worried, even if he did hide it well. A worried Luke really worried Mig. He watched as Luke's hands automatically dangled to the duel plasma pistols that hung on his hips.
    Something was coming, something bad. Mig just knew it.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Captain's Log, Encoded: Pac has the Blackwolf in tip top shape, as we transgress space. I have elected to stay away from the space stations in the area, keeping a low profile from the rest of the fleet. For weeks we have traveled, a course set for Cardassian Space, a place called the "Bad Lands". With a name like that, one does not need to wonder about what kind place this is.
    Commander Pac assures me the field emitter and the RCS accelerator that he has worked into the system will help the ship in battle, if a battle comes. It does divert from over all speed, but the margin is negligible and may well be worth it. I trust completely in my crew, and the Blackwolf needs be completely self reliant.

Finding Git is like finding a needle in a hay stack. If he does not wish to be found, he will not be. Not by me, not by anyone. Going dark as we have, and rogue as we are now marked, it may be easier for me to get a message to Git.
    Romulan Space proved to be unprofitable in finding Git, but sure opened up more questions. Git apparently was tied in with some Bajorian Rebels. I simply need to find out who. This will also answer some questions that Star Fleet will have concerning some Romulan antagonists that still wish a war.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Dr. Sizeria checked her readings, and then checked them again. She was sure of it now, though she was pretty sure of it before. There was a black hole in the vicinity, and it was not a stationary object. It was adrift among the stars. It was a rare object indeed. Black holes, for their part, are not uncommon. Many form when a massive star collapses so hard and so fast that it forms a gravitational well.
    These lone, drifting black holes, however, were not a common find.
    What was it's mass? Where did it from? These things were lost within the depths, if you can call it depths, of the collapsed star itself. Some are hypothesized to have been created by beings long ago, civilizations that have come and gone, reached warp capability, then lost their way. Others probably were discharged from a binary system, two stars interlocked in a gravity dance, until one or both supernova knocked the other completely out of orbit. She had to tell Luke to set a course, and they could get a close up view of just that thing.

"Sizeria, you know we are on a mission. The Federation has asked us to report on the possible Romulan Cardassian plot, and that is what we are to do," Luke said, looking over his desk.
    "Luke, we have been in this area, listening to communications, dark as you call it, for days now. Nothing has transpired yet, and we could do that while setting a course for the phenomenon. As Science officer, Captain Minhere, I insist."
    Luke frowned, but everything she said was correct. She also had the right to insist, and even demand, as the science officer, if the Blackwolf was not performing other matters. The Federation was still dedicated to it's scientific, peaceful missions, even though there seemed to be war at every front now.
    "Fine then, Commander Sizeria, as you wish. Only because I do not feel like arguing with you on this," Luke said sternly, then a smile creeped across his face.
    Sizeria nodded, and turned about quickly.
    "I will give the bridge the coordinance now," she said as she left the ready room.
    Luke sighed. He hated science missions. Sure, some turned out to be pretty interesting, that he could not deny. However, most turned out to be a bunch of numbers on a chart that meant little to nothing to him, while the scientists and the doctors all nodded and looked impressed.
    "Captain Minhere to bridge, we will be changing course settings in a moment. Commander Sizeria will have the bridge and your attention while she performs some very important scientific studies on a phenomenon, probably a singularity, in the area. Lt. Jason McCoon and Lt. Catarina Vibbert will report to the bridge for further orders," Luke said, then turned the com off.
    "And I will relax with a bottle of brandy and some music in the lounge below," Luke chuckled.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    "Luke, you are such a flirt. I have heard stories about you Federation captains," the colonist smiled, a beautiful smile. She was human, and blonde, and not interested in any long term relations.
    Just Luke's type.
    "Well, I assure you, most of the stories are simply made up to make other captains feel good about themselves, however, " Luke rubbed her bare shoulder, as he passed her.
    "More Vulcan Brandy," he asked.
    The colonist smiled, her own name being Brandy, and his cheesy jokes about her being a good year made her chuckle.
    "I better not, Luke. I swear, I may think you are getting me drunk, drunk so you can take..." she almost finished before the shock wave shook the entire ship, dropping Brandy and Luke both to the floor, the Vulcan Brandy shattering.
    "Are you okay," he asked, checking her for any injuries. She simply nodded, and knew it was time to leave the captain's quarters.
    "I will look for you later captain," she smiled, no fear in her eyes. "I know you will protect us."
    Luke smiled back, but was heading for the door as well.

"We have sustained minor damage throughout the ship," Commander Pac Ishozi informed Luke over the comm as he was boarding the lift. People were running about the levels, doing what they needed, as Luke hurried to the bridge.

Luke entered the bridge, all thoughts of the warm and cozy time he was having with Brandy having left his mind.
    Business was business.
    "No major damage, sir, and our shields and hull are completely in tact," Pac said, even as Luke took his place in the captain's chair. His eyes darted to Dr. Sizeria, who was busy analyzing something at her own station.
    "What do we have here, obviously not an attack," Luke said.
    "We aren't sure, sir. We were taking readings of the space around the singularity when we sustained some kind of gravitational wave," Sizeria said, shrugging her shoulders and looking to Luke.
    "Jason," he called, expecting a report.
    "Nothing on sensors to indicate anything in the area. No wave, nothing. We are in the same position, steady," Commander Jason Maccoun replied.
    "Onscreen," Luke called, and immediately the screen erupted with four views about the ship.
    Sizeria walked up to the view screen, looking over it for any new information. It was the same thing she was seeing at her own monitor. Empty space on all sides, a singularity directly fore of the Blackwolf.
    "The only thing we have detected in this area is this singularity, with a very mild gas ring around the event horizon. Nothing to cause a nova, or a shock wave, or anything of concern," Pac offered.
    "In fact, captain, there is nothing notably unusual about this singularity, outside of it drifting. My readings were about finished, and I was going to inform you of our findings," Dr. Sizeria said, leaving the view screen platform.
    "Nothing on sensors to indicate anything in the area. No wave, nothing. We are in the same position, steady," Commander Jason Maccoun said, apparently repeating what he said before.
    Luke nodded.
    "Nothing on sensors to indicate anything in the area. No wave, nothing. We are in the same position, steady," Commander Jason Maccoun said, again.
    "I heard you the first two times commander," Luke replied, a frown on his face.
    "Sir," Jason asked, looking confused.
    "Run diagnostics of all systems, insure we are safe. As soon as that is done, set a course away from here. There is a small space station, FK14, only a few light years away. We will set our course for there," Luke looked around, and all eyes were on him, no one moving to perform the actions he just commanded.
    "Let's get it done people," he called, and everyone suddenly moved to listen.
    That was very odd for his crew to not immediately follow his orders.
    "In fact, captain, there is nothing notably unusual about this singularity, outside of it drifting. My readings were about finished, and I was going to inform you of our findings," Dr. Sizeria said, leaving the view screen platform, apparently yet again.
    Luke did not see her return to it. In fact, she was, only moments ago, standing near him.

Something odd was going on.

• Options
    black-holes.jpg
    Spacetime singularity is a location where the quantities that are used to measure the gravitational field of a celestial body become infinite in a way that does not depend on the coordinate system. These quantities are the scalar invariant curvatures of spacetime, which includes a measure of the density of matter. The laws of normal spacetime could not exist within a singularity.