test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DPS Calculator

adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
Ok, After a few weeks of work, multiple new characters, lots of testing, referencing and input from others here on the forums (thanks to Bareel, Roach, Flekh and a few others for testing help, theories and formulae) I have finally put together my second draft of my DPS calculator which can be found here.

It is not yet finished but it does cover Beam arrays, DHCs and takes skill points (still having problems with the Omega rep skill bonus, any help with that would be appreciated), weapon power and range into account (I could, and probably should, put in if statements/lookups for the power pages however this is a minor change that will get done when I remember). It will never outdo things like ACT as this simply estimates a theoretical damage value.

So I hereby submit this to you guys for further testing.

Notes:
- There is data validation in the sheet (for drop down menus) that cannot be used in google Chrome, so you may need to download a copy (I have virus scanned it at my end and it is clean at my end)
- Omega rep boost in the sheet is only available when using 9 points of weapon training (I will adjust this when capable, upon a realisation while typing this I will do some testing on Tribble and update soon)
ZiOfChe.png?1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ok, updated the link in the previous post and made a few alterations.

Notes:
    - Adjusted Omega Weapon Training, should now apply properly to any weapon training value (Tested at 0 points, 9 points, both with 0 and 9 points in Energy weapons skill)
    - Made Omega Weapon training a menu
    - Adjusted Power sheets to label average damage figures, these are text only changes (also applied to DPS sheets)
    - Made damage figures more accurate, done by adjusting Omega Weapon training
    - Adjusted Range sheet, Added DPS figures
    - Known compatibility issues with Open office, will fix with next release
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • leoll2leoll2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have a problem, the links says that the tool was removed or unavailable.
    P2W means Play To Win

Archimede - Leader and Founder of "Raiders of Starfleet"
    ...and 21 other characters!
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    leoll2 wrote: »
    I have a problem, the links says that the tool was removed or unavailable.

Same here :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
    edited February 2013
    Sorry guys, I took it down while editing to make it compatible with Open office, the link should work again.

V1.2 Notes
    - Resolved compatibility issues with Open Office, This is a formula modification only, does not affect operation of the sheet
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Do you have a direct link to the file ? The site 'suggests' I upgrade my browser and holds me hostage at the login page.
    ...another microsoft 'bite-me' moment
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I wish I was clever enough to do something like this :( Thank you for it :)
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Do you have a direct link to the file ?

I'm afraid not, I'll see if I can upload it to a different site, I'll update this post if I succeed

Edit
    Well I have put it on my Google docs please find it here if that does not work then pm me your email address and I will email you a copy of the file

(25/02/2013: updated Google Docs link)
    ZiOfChe.png?1
    edited February 2013
    Ok, took a break for a few days and now we have V1.3 (updated OP link), notes below.

Notes
    - Changed some formulae, which facilitated a simplification of the sheet. (This may have lead to inaccurate figures however I am not yet certain, please leave feedback in this thread, I will look into any issues raised)
    - Added Dual Beam banks (I need to do further testing into base figures here, I have used STOwiki figures for this)
    - Removed irrelevant calculations, this has lead to shortening the sheet and less issues maintaining it

I will continue work on this as and when and will look into any issues raised immediately, I do however hope to include single cannons and turrets in the next version.
    ZiOfChe.png?1