test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - February 20, 2013

Comments

• mattmiraclemattmiracle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This makes grinding colony invasion a lot more doable for those 1,000 + marks needed for T3 upgrades and projects!
    Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief [Rank 7] for Covenant of Honor; a FED T5 Starbase
    House Leader [Rank 7] for Honorable House of Mor'gue; a KDF T3 Starbase
    Find us at CovenantofHonor.com.  My Twitter handle; @jmattmiracle
  • x5xxx5xx Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Nice update, thanks :)
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hooray for fleetmarks

+ oh oh now all the AFK PvPers might come out of their holes again... and still no solution to that and no consequences either... ohoho

Activating EV suits no longer cause the character's head to disappear.

does this mean we will gat the see through EV suit helmets that D'Tan was using in that Tholian Tier 5 cinematic?

that might be a cool option for the STF Maco / Omega Armor too

...OPTION... not replacement (there still big headed aliens etc.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Good one cryptic! As a fleet leader of one of the biggest Spanish fleets close to Tier 5, I have to said that I am happy.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sounds good, nice move ..but sadly: too late. These changes have only been made cause the community went mad..they were not planned in my opinion. Fool me once...():mad:
  • leoll2leoll2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Oh really thank you! Thank you again!
    P2W means Play To Win

Archimede - Leader and Founder of "Raiders of Starfleet"
    ...and 21 other characters!
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    edited February 2013
  • thepantspartythepantsparty Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Excellent changes to fleet mark acquisition!

Any update on correcting the traits for Romulan bridge officers?
  • mcconnamcconna Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Awesome, can't wait till this hits the holodeck. :P
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm pretty shocked the figures were raised so much at a flat rate. This is probably going to double or more the average PUG's income and raise the skilled groups income by 50% or so, not a bad change.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    These changes look very favorably.

But I got a feeling that the AFKer problem in Public PvP queues will once again rear it's ugly head, like it did in the old days with the Marks of Honor and MK11 Emblems. So Dev Team, I hope you are prepared.

Fleet Marks in Romulan Events, though much better, still seems rather light.

HARD Events on Nukara and Defera, since these are on lengthy cooldowns, why not up this to 100? That way it would intice those who are tired of the Queued events to visit here more often.
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I appreciate the ways of freeing up fm in more than one place in return for removing the foundry wrapper.....that's a good point.

Bad point...Cryptic you could have saved yourself a lot of grief and annoyed people by having these changes in synch with the removal. Also the teasing and wait and see doesn't give the consumer confidence.

Anyway to my actual point. Is there are chance No win scenario 7-10 levels could earn more fleet marks too (to keep it scaled)? It would encourage players to play what I find the most challenging yet fun mission and giving even more fleet marks would only give further incentive as I'm trying to spread the word and get people playing it.

Go on Cryptic, don't squeeze the minority for a change and give us incentive to go as far as we can in NWS :).
  • balordezulbalordezul Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.25.20130128a.24

General:
    • Updated the description of the Phaser Quad Cannons; it no longer incorrectly describes Phaser procs as decreasing the target's weapon power.
      • This is a text change only.
    • Activating EV suits no longer cause the character's head to disappear.
    • Resolved an issue that prevented some players from assigning Bridge Officers to their ships.

Fleet Marks:
    • No-Win Scenario:
      • Increased the rewards for rounds 4, 5 and 6 from 5/8/13 to 10/18/28 respectively.
      • This increases Fleet Mark rewards by 30.
    • The following events now grant an additional 30 Fleet Marks.
      • Colony Invasion
      • Starbase Blockade
      • Starbase Fleet Defense
      • Starbase Incursion
    • Starbase Alert now grants an extra 10 Fleet Marks each time an enemy wave is defeated for the first 3 waves.
    • Azure Nebula rescue now grants twice as many Fleet Marks.
    • Defera invasion missions:
      • Easy missions now grant 13 Fleet Marks.
      • Medium missions now grant 25 Fleet Marks.
      • Hard missions now grant 60 Fleet Marks.
    • Nukara missions:
      • Easy missions now grant 13 Fleet Marks.
      • Medium missions now grant 25 Fleet Marks.
      • Hard missions now grant 60 Fleet Marks.
    • Mine Trap now grants an extra 30 Fleet Marks upon completion.
    • Added 50 Fleet Marks to each of the PVP daily wrappers:
      • Raze Enemy Headquarters (Daily)
      • Raze Enemy Secret Headquarters (Lt. General - Daily)
      • Dominate the Heroes of the Enemy (Daily)
      • Dominate the Leaders of the Enemy (Lt. General - Daily)
      • Claiming Enemy Reserves (Daily)
      • Claiming Enemy Emergency Reserves (Lt. General - Daily)
      • Reclaim the Neutral Zone (Daily)
      • Restore the Neutral Zone (Vice Admiral - Daily)
      • Into the Fray (Daily); To the Front Lines (Vice Admiral - Daily)
      • Pacify Enemy Heroes (Daily)
      • Pacify Enemy Leaders (Vice Admiral - Daily)

Thank you as this was much needed!
  • tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    thank you, cryptic, for listening to your playerbase...there, at least they'll have some positive feedback amongst all the complaining that's sure to come for not doing it last week, which everyone knows is going to happen

Don't worry, people will forget soon enough and go back to complaining how Cryptic never listens to the players...
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    tangolight wrote: »
    Don't worry, people will forget soon enough and go back to complaining how Cryptic never listens to the players...

well, hopefully some of them will now realize that cryptic does listen, even if it's...delayed
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    zerobang wrote: »
    hooray for fleetmarks

+ oh oh now all the AFK PvPers might come out of their holes again... and still no solution to that and no consequences either... ohoho

Activating EV suits no longer cause the character's head to disappear.

does this mean we will gat the see through EV suit helmets that D'Tan was using in that Tholian Tier 5 cinematic?

that might be a cool option for the STF Maco / Omega Armor too

...OPTION... not replacement (there still big headed aliens etc.)

I am happy to see the FM on PvP. The FM will only be good on the daily. At best, you can only earn them once a day on PvP this should keep AFK down somewhat.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    well, hopefully some of them will now realize that cryptic does listen, even if it's...delayed

Sure they listen, but is it because the genuinely care about the playerbase or is it because they did something boneheaded and needed to cover their butts so as to get people happy and spending money again.

Time will tell if we are treated as players or as numbers on a metric system.

I assume no more content will be added until May, so we will see what bug fixes happen between now and then.
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Much better than the "maybe in a few months" that we were left to chew on over the weekend. Thank you.

In the future, however, I strongly advise you to do as one of the posters on that huge thread suggested: build the second bridge before you burn the first one.
  • l0cutus359l0cutus359 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thank you for listening....this is a step in the right direction.

Suggestion: we need some rigor around testing patches before rolling to production. If the patch is causing all kinds of issues in Tribble, there has to be some feedback look to stop it from rolling to Holodeck so bugs/concerns can be fixed.

I work for a large IT company that has (4) major releases a year on a highly used, internal application. All kinds of testing and bug reports are generated months in advance on the QA platform so fixes are made and full regression tests are performed again of the fixes installed on the QA system. High Level flow below:

* Bug identified in Beta Release >> fix developed >> fix installed in QA >> Regression test of fix in QA

* QA team signs off on Beta Release in QA platform

* Release is installed in Production >> Operational Readiness Test is performed to certify the Production platform is working correctly.

* If severe bugs/issues are found in Production, the call is made to roll back to previous Release.

I present the above as just an example, I understand the Releases and Patch intervals are more frequent in a MMO, but I hope some rigor and feedback can be installed.

Thanks!
    Locutus

Delirium Tremens
    Tier 4 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy
    http://dtfleet.com/
  • shaanithegreenshaanithegreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sure they listen, but is it because the genuinely care about the playerbase or is it because they did something boneheaded and needed to cover their butts so as to get people happy and spending money again.

Time will tell if we are treated as players or as numbers on a metric system.

I assume no more content will be added until May, so we will see what bug fixes happen between now and then.

Cryptic lies. When they tell the truth, that's just further proof that they are lying.

????

Ya'll're nuts.
    edited February 2013

i figure on at least two minor pieces of content between now and then, plus another ship sale which should be coming soon...but not too soon; by the time it comes around, i want at least 12,000 zen stockpiled and i currently have 6,000
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I only do Starbase Alert, since the lack of skill average groups display in the others means no or minimal rewards.
    Disappointed that it's only the first 3 waves that award 10 marks, I was hoping all 8 waves would award 10 marks each, with the final wave awarding 20 marks.
    That would be a grand total of 100 marks.
    Which would definitely be worth investing my time in doing!

I have no interest in PvP, so that's not a good source of marks for me.

As for Defera and Nukara, I'm never really over there, so that doesn't help either.

Also, can we get level gating please?
    I'm tired of joining starbase alerts to find out there's one or two ensigns who can barely do anything and we have to fight harder to compensate for their inability to match full VA characters!
    And it's very rare a match can be won with an underlevelled player!

From my personal experience, a player is only at their maximum ability at a minimum of RA Lower.
    Anything else and they're finding it hard to assist the group.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Listening's listening isn't it? Regardless of what you see of their reasoning they've listened to what has been said and made changes.
    edited February 2013
    Cryptic lies. When they tell the truth, that's just further proof that they are lying.

????

Ya'll're nuts.

but how can they ever tell the truth to prove they're lying if all they do is lie?

there...something for the brains to puzzle over for a while

#LegalizeAwoo

• boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    tobar26th wrote: »
    So....could we not have removed Fleet Marks from IOR in this patch instead of last weeks? Would have made life much simpler...

QFT.

And maybe Dan should hit a PR class or two. That certainly couldn't hurt either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    tilarta wrote: »
    I only do Starbase Alert, since the lack of skill average groups display in the others means no or minimal rewards.
    Disappointed that it's only the first 3 waves that award 10 marks, I was hoping all 8 waves would award 10 marks each, with the final wave awarding 20 marks.
    That would be a grand total of 100 marks.
    Which would definitely be worth investing my time in doing!

I have no interest in PvP, so that's not a good source of marks for me.

As for Defera and Nukara, I'm never really over there, so that doesn't help either.

Also, can we get level gating please?
    I'm tired of joining starbase alerts to find out there's one or two ensigns who can barely do anything and we have to fight harder to compensate for their inability to match full VA characters!
    And it's very rare a match can be won with an underlevelled player!

From my personal experience, a player is only at their maximum ability at a minimum of RA Lower.
    Anything else and they're finding it hard to assist the group.

Join a fleet. Make friends.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    nynik wrote: »
    I assume its the next patch that implements the new anti-afk in team content features?

You mean the "Apply salt to leech" patch?

Yeah that's never coming.
    edited February 2013
    tilarta wrote: »

if you look more closly at the notes, you'll notice it says an extra 10 Fleet Marks for the first 3 waves, meaning that in addition to whatever you currently get.

and you know why it's only the first 3 waves that get those extras? because that's about as far as the average group gets before the timer runs out :P

#LegalizeAwoo

• lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Listening's listening isn't it? Regardless of what you see of their reasoning they've listened to what has been said and made changes.

Motivation counts for everything.

Does a country want to help the African Nations because it cares about the people or because they want the untap oil reserves so they can line their own pockets?

Definately reaching on that one, but it gets the point across.
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So....could we not have removed Fleet Marks from IOR in this patch instead of last weeks? Would have made life much simpler...

Thinking about it from their point of view I guess it makes sense. removing from the foundry and replacing like this seems simple and easy to us, but i guess they would want a bit of time to see how many people go from using the foundry, back to events and fleet actions to gain their rewards.

its not quite as simple as we remove x amount, lets put x back in as that is not what would have happened, as people would have adjusted their earning habits over the last week to compensate and a good 5 or 6 days of metrics would be invaluable to them.

they want to strike the right balance between players needing them and having too many, as that would also have a negative impact on the events if players are awash with them.

so its a pain for us but its important for them, otherwise you run the risk of getting it badly wrong and having to adjust again the following week.

the whole thing could have been handled better and less vague about their actions, and also players could have been a little more patient and understanding of the reasons but i can see the logic of doing this in stages.