test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't the qualify time limit be removed now?

allocaterallocater Member Posts: 289 Arc User
So, now that you can reward a mission based on time, why not remove the time limit to qualify?

You can bring back the console-clicky mission. It has a completion time of 1 second, it gives 1 dilithium. No one cares.

Missions that take 1 minute give 32 dilithium.

Missions that take 5 minutes give 160 dilithium.

10 minutes give 320 dilithium.

15 minutes give 480 dilithium (that is the base for cryptic design)

No need to cut off missions below the qualify time limit anymore.

You could even make it so that only the first 10 missions per day give dilithium, so you will never do the 10 console clicky for 10 dilithium. All exploits would be crushed and the time-limit hassle would be removed :)
Post edited by allocater on

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well.... the way it currently works seems to be coded with a floor of 480 dil and you get more for things longer than the min...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    allocater wrote: »
    So, now that you can reward a mission based on time, why not remove the time limit to qualify?

You can bring back the console-clicky mission. It has a completion time of 1 second, it gives 1 dilithium. No one cares.

Except then people will be taking as many of them as they can at once. Over and over again. With good reflexes you could probably get a really fast cycle going on and we'd be back where we started: Abusing the ESD console for exploits.
    <3
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    Except then people will be taking as many of them as they can at once. Over and over again. With good reflexes you could probably get a really fast cycle going on and we'd be back where we started: Abusing the ESD console for exploits.

Exactly what I was thinking. If I could click once per second, in 24 minutes I could earn 1440 dil. :)
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    morgannimorganni Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    That sounds enough like suffering that I would almost say that someone who does it has earned it.

Almost.

Still, even if there does need to be a floor, should it still be at 15 minutes? I'm not that enthused by the idea of five or ten minute missions, but if other people want to make and play them, why not?

-Morgan.
  • Options
    wan5wan5 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The AI for detecting if a mission is suitable for dil or not is clearly broken. Even before the foundry Nerf.

I made 2 missions, one i can complete in under 10 mins if i rush it. This awards dil. The other is "The Space Race", 2 race courses in that mission. Takes at least 15-20 mins, encourages you to bring friends.... Red txt of shame.

One mission has 240 reviews, the other has 56. Ill let you guess which one is which.

I think ive cracked open foundry once since the valentines day nerf, that was to see if it was working as i couldnt find my missions in the game.

RIP Foundry (24/2/2011 - 14/2/2012) You will be missed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cubeageddon - You are the last hope. Find it in the Foundry!
    The Space Race - An alternate to PVP - In Foundry Now!
  • Options
    ajstonerajstoner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The initial 5 plays to get out of review should be used to generate its initial average play time. Even if the author got 5 people to drag it out the actual play time will be reached after a few more. Once people see a mission on the main list with red text it will be dismissed and, as others have pointed out, it doesn't work properly anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    wan5 wrote: »

RIP Foundry (24/2/2011 - 14/2/2012) You will be missed.

Or you could try to tell a story. I challenge you. The Space Race shows promise. Follow through.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]