test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Marks for DOFFing

allocaterallocater Member Posts: 289 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Duty Officer System and R&D
Seems like according to the 'definition' that is put out, now that fleet marks were removed from the Foundry, that they also should not be in the DOFF system.

Are they on the chopping block?
Post edited by allocater on

Comments

• vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Their own definition is flawed really. If fleet marks are only for fleet events we have the following problem;

Fleet Events - puggable (no fleet required)
    Doffing - no fleet needed
    NWS - classed as an 'event' only - puggable and no fleet required

Even if they add the to other places;
    PVP - puggable no fleet required
    STFs - puggable no fleet required
    Fleet Actions - puggable, no fleet required

...anyone spot the trend? Cryptic can't have it both ways. It's great they have the game open to all and to force or limit fleet membership and size. Small fleets will take longer than larger ones fine that's our choice and I'd rather take longer to get everything than be forced to join a large fleet.

At the same time though Cryptic can't limit fm to fleet only events as the above list clearly shows. Unless they can find a way to make missions and their rewards limited to a single fleet then they will have to allow fm to be part of missions that aren't limited to a fleet or fleets.

If they did remove fm from the above then people would give up on fleet progression overnight and the entire system would collapse which they can't afford to allow especially with more reputations inbound.

I keep trying to doff to get more fm while I do NWS runs on the side and given a fleet size of ~5 fed and 3 kdf every bit of fm counts. FM is keeping doffing alive for a lot of people that have completed it so I can't see them taking it away but this is Cryptic...
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Actually, you need to be in a fleet to receive Fleet marks via doff missions.
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Since I've always been in a fleet since Season 6 I wasn't aware of that detail though if you weren't in a fleet you'd be farming a useless resource.
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would like to see a new series of doff missions given out at the Fleet Starbase system, which reward healthy amounts of fleet marks, but with long run times. They could also award a new form of CXP, which at higher tiers could unlock cool things like a new Fleet skin or outfit.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • allocaterallocater Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, to be fair we can go with "Fleet Marks are for stuff you do in groups" The group does not have to be your fleet.
  • bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They will not say so but it does make logical sense.
  • brakner11brakner11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I cant seem to figure how to do or get the fleet DOFF missions, keep in mind I am back after over a year so fleets starbases and DOFFing is still pretty new to me.

Do I have to go to the fleet starbase to get the mission or is it random? I looked all over the starbase for a contact ( tier 3 SB) and couldnt see anything obvious but the place is huge so I might have missed it. Is it on the fleet popup screen?

Thanks for answers to the noob hijack :)
  • allocaterallocater Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Maybe your fleet has to build it.

Anyway it is in the "Daily Quest for marks" room. The console closest to it's entry door.

(at least on Fed)