test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Mark Changes and You - A guide to earning Fleet Marks

f9thrykerf9thryker Member Posts: 38 Arc User
Ok, since Fleet Marks have been taken from Officer Reports, its high time to share good ideas as to how to get some back using whatever methods remain.

This may not be new info to a lot of people, but if it helps one other person or fleet to get around this situation, then its worthwhile.

1. FLEET MARK/CXP BOOSTER
If you have Fleet Credits/EC to spare, get yourself a Fleet Mark Booster from your Fleet Starbase, and a CXP Booster from the Exchange. They give a 20% boost to any CXP/marks that you do earn. This is a must, for either/both methods

2. CXP Turn-In
Every 10k DOffing CXP over 110k in a field, can be exchanged for Fleet Marks (more, with the bonus). Some of the best CXP missions however, come from shipboard assignments- your Ready Room (Mil/Esp), Sickbay (Medical), Science Lab (Researching samples), and Engineering - ALL give DOff missions that offer comparatively large CXP rewards.

These are mostly high-value CXP missions, all on your own ship. Get a Crit, and you could be looking at 5,000 CXP in a field for one DOff mission - thats half your turn-in requirement for that single field. Even with Greens, you will still get a high chance of success, and it all adds up.
Long and grindy I know, but its reliable for (literally) 5-10 minutes work per toon. More Toons = More CXP = More Marks...

3. Fleet PvE
Yes, I know it blows. Yes, there are AFKers killing it, and yes these missions generally suck. However, both the limited reward AND the AFKers can be avoided, by one simple trick. Keep them within your own fleet, like many people do with STFs. If a mission rewards 20 FM each, you and 4 fleetmates can earn 100+ fleet marks in 10 minutes. Or more, if you all are using boosters.

I know it sucks, and I think taking FM from IOR will be the death-knell for a lot of fleets, but there are a few tricks out there to get around it.

If anyone else has any ideas to add, please feel free to add them in.

Mods - please dont move this for a little while, as its relevant general information given whats happened.
Post edited by f9thryker on

Comments

• avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    A daily expertise to fleet mark conversion job, run through the Doff system?
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    OK, I know that I'll probably get flamed for this, but...

With the recent change to Office Reports, there have been a ton of posts about getting FMs.

A couple of things that I did not see, with people posting alternatives, is Nukara and Defera.

You can still get FMs in those two area. Granted there are not a lot, but the missions are easy, and doing them during the Fleet Mark event kind of helps.

Just a thought to throw out there.
  • tribbleorlfltribbleorlfl Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Some of the best cxp rewards for doff missions come from the "current map" list in the gamma quadrant. The ones w/ the brownish background and generally require resolve on one or more doffs. I routinely crit on these and get 1k in cxp for a 4-6 hr doff mission.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    you get 5 fleet marks for the officers watch at your starbase. If you have a fleet mark booster, it gives 6 fleet marks.
  • frelsi777frelsi777 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lordgyor wrote: »
    you get 5 fleet marks for the officers watch at your starbase. If you have a fleet mark booster, it gives 6 fleet marks.

You used to get 50 fleet marks from doing 1 foundry run. With that gone, everything has changed....

Frankly I'm wondering if it is time to find a more mature MMORPG to invest my time in...
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The problem with Defera is that it used to reward about 100 FMs for the full hard run, now its 60.. which is not worth the 20 mins and the constant struggle for fighting against bugs.

Nukara is even more limited, the 2 hards give a total of 50, and you can do some mediums, but unless you run it back to back (and you aren't going to get 5 people to run it back to back), the organization time and trying to fit a full group into those tiny instances is just not worth that either.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Fleet action daily. Still 50 fm, 60 if you have the booster.
    edited February 2013
    Fleet action daily?
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    valoreah wrote: »
    OR

Implement a system like they did inCoH with "prestige". You can earn prestige doing any PvE content in the game, and were not pigeonholed into tedious, boring and timed content.

You could even add a "Fleet Bonus" to reward an extra % upon mission completion when teamed with fellow fleet members.

Just a thought.

I suggested the exact same thing months ago.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I know that Defera and Nukara give out small amounts of FMs, but a solo player can run the medium missions, and run them back to back.
  • blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    With all the changes im looking to merge fleets because a combined effort will make it easier to fill projects. PM if your interested.
    download.jpg
  • kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Don't forget the fleet tribble. 1 mark every hour! Can't beat that.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You want lots of Fleet Marks, then do No Win Scenario.

During the Fleet Mark Event with Fleet Mark Boosters, you can literally bring in over 400 Fleet Marks every 30 minutes. There is one group who constantly gets 1400 Fleet Marks by this method every day.
    edited February 2013
    Fleet action daily?

Each day, there is a fleet action daily. It is one of the following (on Fed side):
    1) Halting Gorn advance
    2) Klingon Scout Force
    3) Big Dig

In each one, you must complete the objectives for the 'daily' in addition to the regular fleet action objectives. Usually it involves scanning something.
    edited February 2013
    I hope this doesn't get exiled to the Academy sticky graveyard, er forum - where helpful info goes to die.
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, cutting the Fleet Marks from foundry missions was a hugely bad idea, especially for the KDF. I got a FM booster, but I play KDF so it may take some time before it runs out.
  • darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Gorn Minefield is the only fleet action daily that doesn't have something wrong with it. Klingon Scout Force has some artificially inflated spawn wait times that usually end up causing the event to run to nearly half an hour, and Big Dig has the plants so scattered about the map that if you're in the unlucky situation that you're the only one actually doing the daily (which I somehow found myself in every other time I played) you end up either getting knocked out every couple minutes as you try to work your way through all the Romulans to get to them, or try to scan them all in a mad dash after they despawn at the end. There's a reason that those two events typically have such relatively long wait times to start. Maybe we can start be alleviating some of these problems.
    edited February 2013
    darthwoo wrote: »
    There's a reason that those two events typically have such relatively long wait times to start. Maybe we can start be alleviating some of these problems.

The other reason for the long wait time is that those are 20-man fleet actions whereas the Gorn is 5-man. A lot fewer people needed to que to start up the Gorn.

Also, for big dig, if you don't scan everything, you can run through again after the cooldown and try again. That first plant along the right side is relatively easy to get to, as is the one right below the rally point. If you can manage to get those 2, then you can scan those 2 again the next time.

And yes, Cryptic should shorten the wait times between spawns in Klingon Scout Force.
    edited February 2013
    One thing about the booster is it means a net
    loss of fleet credits, because it costs 10,000 fleet credits, in exchange for 100 fleet marks, which end up being 5,000 fleet credits of value, so 5,000 fleet credit net loss.

I'm a team player and I really want the elite pets so I've decided to take the hit, I understand if others decide not to.

Dropping fleet marks from Officer Reports was a horrible idea, I don't care about weather it fit the theme of fleets or not, because they haven't replaced it with anything else.

On the bright side I got promoted in my fleet from Field Agent to Veteran. Yeah.