test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Boffs need to be able to be traded among characters on the same account

palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
we need to be able to trade boffs among characters on the same account, for special bound officer training, and to make the new norm account bound instead of per character on the same account. So we can transfer crew members between captains on our own account, thus having a more crew/ family feeling.

Thank you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by palpha2clearance on

Comments

• grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    we need to be able to trade boffs among characters on the same account, for special bound officer training, and to make the new norm account bound instead of per character on the same account. So we can transfer crew members between captains on our own account, thus having a more crew/ family feeling.

Thank you.
    So, basically, you want to have more then one 'unique' BOs on your crew... Just think, a all Breen Death Squad Away team. Or a Frankenstein squad of Borg Science BOs...
  • guardianvalourguardianvalour Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It certainly would be nice to be able transfer one's bridge officers between various alternate character for the sake of training.
  • palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It certainly would be nice to be able transfer one's bridge officers between various alternate character for the sake of training.

Still one per customer, but able to rotate them from captain to captain on the account for use and mainly for training bound Officer. This would allow transfering officers between captains on the same account and would allow bound special officers to be transfered or rotated the same way unless one of those officers were already on the roster. The special officer would have to be rotated to another crew before another of the same special officer could be transfered onto the desired roster.

I am not opposed to allowing more than one special officer onto the same crew, but i would say that may cause a balance issue. I would like to think a special officer of the same species, but different class would be acceptable...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Technically, there is a way to do it, but it is not easy.

I think they should make non-unique commissioned bridge officers account bound and allow them to be slotted in the account bank.
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Technically, there is a way to do it, but it is not easy.

I think they should make non-unique commissioned bridge officers account bound and allow them to be slotted in the account bank.

This. This would restrict people from having more than one bound BOFF per toon but allow for transferring a BOFF without needing a second account or risk that someone might nab your efficient Saurian whilst 'helping' you.
  • kevaldtkevaldt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This will never happen, they dont want you to be able to trade that BOFF over and train it in tier 3 powers, they want you to work for it.

Just invest some time making friends with some people who can train the powers you would like, thats what I did.
    [SIGPIC]InGame - @Darth_Tauri[/SIGPIC]
    Joined - 9/2011
    "You Best Make Peace With Your Dear & Fluffy Lord" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • blznfunblznfun Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You can trade all boffs except unique ones. They just have to be void of all items. I am not sure if you can mail commissioned officers but you sure as heck can non-commissioned.
    jeremy-t_doff_signiture5635.jpg
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
    Original Handle: the_orig_jean_luc_picard
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    blznfun wrote: »
    You can trade all boffs except unique ones. They just have to be void of all items. I am not sure if you can mail commissioned officers but you sure as heck can non-commissioned.
    You can trade them to other players, but not to yourself. If you want to send one to an alt, you have to give it to someone else, then switch toons and have them give it back.

Non-commissioned is not an issue, they work just like items in every way.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is probably the best idea I've seen posted on these forums in ages. I fully support it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kevaldt wrote: »
    Just invest some time making friends with some people who can train the powers you would like, thats what I did.

If you'll re-read the original post, it's about bound BOffs. They're currently character-bound, which means if you're not an Engineering Captain that Borg BOff you bought with Zen will never have DEM3 or EPtS3.
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited February 2013
    Well yes that's a nice idea but would a better idea be to have a skill trainer that will train your boffs in captain only skills your alts can train in.

So for example I have 1 engineer that can train in EPtS 3, I go to the special trainer with my borg boff on my tactical captain and he can train in EPtS 3 as I have it unlocked. If my engineer respecs and can no longer train the ability it becomes locked out.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.