test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

3 Captains looking for a fleet

bmoviequeenbmoviequeen Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Earth Spacedock
We are 3 experienced Captains looking for a small to mid sized established fleet with plenty of active players & contributers. Preferably Tier 3 or above.
Would like a casual, relaxed and friendly environment where rules are few n fair and voice comms are not mandatory or required.
We also would like a fleet where there are opportunities for promotions to high ranks.

We are tactical captains, 2 of us with science alts. Very experienced in Elite Space STF's and fleet missions. However we do lack in ground experience, it isn't our strong point but are willing to learn. We don't partake in serious PvP however interfleet PvP for fun is always welcome.
We are friendly and like to help others when we can.

Have extensive knowledge on the Doff system and assignments, as well as character and ship builds. We are good contributers and like to earn our keep.
We are a valuable asset to any fleet and very loyal and commited.

As you can understand we all have real life obligations and these come first, however we always aim to do our best and are as active as possible with game time varying between 12-25 hours per week.
Time zone - GMT

All 3 of us are Lifers.

Would like a trial run before commiting fully to any fleet as we would like to be 100% sure that we are making the right decision.

If you think you are the fleet for us please mail us with information @bpharma, @bmovie queen or @mrsinister82
Post edited by bmoviequeen on

Comments

• Options
    rdm1958rdm1958 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    my advice; take your time and shop around, including checking out my signature.
  • Options
    pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hello! We are the Elite Defense Starfleet (fed) and Elite Defense Stovokor (kdf). We usually have around 10-20 active fed members and 4-8 active kdf members at a time. Currently We have a t4 federation starbase and t2 embassy and t3 klingon starbase and t1 embassy, and progressing forward by the day. We are largely a PvE (STF) fleet, but we also have quite a few PvP enthusiasts. Either way, members are not forced to choose one over another. We are quite casual :)

If you like, please check us out at www.elitedefensestarfleet.com
    If you have any queries, you can reach me at @pokersmith1.

Regards!
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • Options
    kiethblacklionkiethblacklion Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi there,

I'm KiethBlackLion, the recruiting officer for the Galactic Guards. We are currently a small fleet, however we are working towards building our member numbers.

We are a pretty casual group and our members are on throughout the day. We try to promote an atmosphere of teamwork and comraderie, with a strong emphasis on helping each other out with fleet actions and STFs. We currently do not have weekly fleet meetings for our members to attend and we do not require voice comm (though you may use it if you wish). Our starbase just reached Tier 2 and we are all actively contributing in order to complete the upgrades.

If you would like more information, feel free to contact me in game @KiethBlackLion.

Thank you.

~KBL~
    ~Fleet Admiral KBL~

Galactic Guards' Public Relations Officer

Char. Name: Daniel@KiethBlackLion
  • Options
    admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You might want to take a look at the 3rd Fleet

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• Options
    bmoviequeenbmoviequeen Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The reason there are 3 of us, is because we are good friends and are an excellent team so we would like to stay together.
    We think promotions should be earnt over time, and based not only on contributions but what people bring to the fleet, regular activity on the website/forums, helping others out etc.

we are not looking for a quick promotion and not looking for access to fleet stores or banks on entry. That will be for Fleet Admirals to decide. We could buy fleet gear etc for ec's from pretty much any fleet if we wanted to. You wouldn't go into a job where there was no prospects for promotion would you? Especially if you invest a lot of time and effort into it and do your best. I'm sure that makes sense to anyone.

We are pretty insulted that you consider this post 'unusual' I guess you just don't get many genuine people anymore.

With a trial run we thought it would give both us and the fleet the chance to decide if we are right for them and vice versa.
  • Options
    bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited February 2013
    Just thought I should pipe up a little and say that the three of us ARE a small fleet currently undertaking the T3 upgrade. With costs mounting in terms of dilithium, fleet marks and the embassy having been added, we are coming to the realisation that we can't do it between just the three of us. We would have to grind fleet marks and dilithium across multiple toons all day which is not fun if it goes on for months on end with little improvement.

2 of us are admirals (the creators of the fleet) and I earned my vice admiral rank through trust, cooperation and contributing not only resources to the fleet, but taking an active role (before promotion) with the other admirals in the running and structuring of the fleet, which is fair to all members. As it is we don't want to be in a fleet where we will be a nobody, it would be a waste of our experience and abilities and we have more than just resources to contribute.

If you have any concerns over whether we are genuine we could always let you have a peek at our banks, holdings and leader board where you will see all 3 of us have over 1.5 million in contributions each, (over 2 different characters in my case) with bmoviequeen being the star at 2.6 million (more if you count the alts).

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • Options
    franc275franc275 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So if you have your own fleet, then why are you not just trying to expand that? I mean if I had worked hard at building a fleet even nearing T3, I would want to continue, even if it got difficult, in fact, if you 3 do find some other fleet to join, I would be more than happy to take your almost T3 fleet off your hands...

Forgive the suspicion from some, though there are very genuine players out there, there are just as many, if not more, trolls.

And I'm not sure contribution amounts really mean anything - I've contributed over 2.5M on one toon to 3 different fleets - In fact I'm surprised that your contribution amounts are as low as they are if there is only 3 of you, and you're nearing T3.

I currently belong to a large fleet - so I don't think you'd be interested, but again I'd be willing to take your fleet off your hands if you do choose to join another.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    We were a good 8-10 regular players but the first few days of season 7 put a lot of people off to the point where they didn't come back. They haven't left our fleet, they just haven't logged in for over 4 months, I would love for them to come back to STO and help again but the reality is that they most likely have moved on.

Last few recruits we've had were either bank raiders (who couldn't raid us) or have joined but who have logged in maybe once a week and not contributed. Thing is most people do not want to join small fleets or want to join a T4> fleet. Put simply we have given a hell of a lot to this fleet and it pains us a great deal to admit that we just can't do the massive grind anymore.

• Options
    ubermattenubermatten Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Greetings,

I see that there is some activity in this thread. I read your initial post and attempted to send a mail message to all three of you within the game. I was wondering if you received my message, as you were asking people to contact you that way. If not, I can resend or do the usual fleet advertising on here.

Cheers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bigwig77bigwig77 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You will be highly sought after, I know this thread will get long, but here is Valhalla's Rising's two cents.

We are a smallish fleet, tier 3 solid, we'd love to take you on. We have a lot of lifers, people who are good at ground, a few excellent space pvp people, we are laid back and aim to have fun.

If you want to give it a thought go to valhallashalls.com. I can be reached in game at john galt@bigwig77

Thank you for your time
  • Options
    kirkryderkirkryder Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi,

I am also from Elite Defense Starfleet, I think you would like to join us, I also feel you should get in touch, we can show you are atarbase, invite you to see what we have done as a team, being in a fleet is about being with people you feel comfortable with, thats the most important thing at all...

I have been through 3 fleets, started at Synergy and left just over a week, they were not welcoming and I felt isolated, I went onto the 75th Armada, had some good people in just not big enough for me.

Most of the 75th Armada followed me to the fleet that I am in now, I think its because we are just good friends. We have great battles with some other fleet, where we have out own PVP matches at the weekend.

Plenty of people also STF within our fleet, we get around 2 to 3 matches going.

However I think the best thing for you guys + gals to do is think about what you are about to do... I would you have done so much just for 3+ people to get to a T3 starbase with hardly anyone helping is FANTASTIC...

Thats just my advice... dont rush into anything as you could regret it...

If you want to chat in game please feel free and get in touch. @KirkRyder

I deal with the recruiting within the fleet, as best as I can.

Just want to wish you best of luck what ever you decide to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.EliteDefenseStarfleet.com
    Best fleet in Star Trek Online...
    We even have our own merchandise!!! Come join us today...
    www.cafepress.com/elitedefensestarfleet
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Yes we have been looking at everyones fleets, rules, member count crossed with progress and I must say you're all doing a sterling job of making our decissions hard =)

We are talking it over and still have loose ends to tie up on our current fleet. We will most likely be contacting people at the weekend or just after.

• Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,812 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    By the sounds of it, we are one of your possible options. We don't actively recruit but new people are always welcome. We are a casual bunch that have multiple fleets with our mains being T3 on both sides. The links to our chat and our forum is in my signature. Feel free to drop on on the TenForwardForum chat and introduce yourself even if you decide you want to go with other fleets.
  • Options
    ghqcommandghqcommand Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Assimilated Initiative has room on the roster and we just begun a recruitment campaign with the aim of increasing our daily active number from 10-15 on the roster to over 25. We can reach 25 during events easily and its great fun. If we can push to 25 logged in at anytime we know we will be at a whole new level and so we are keen to find keen players like yourself.

About Us
    We are a very mixed bunch but mostly made up of fathers, many full-time fathers, professionals with some working from home or their own business and we have plenty students. The group of players we have offers a mature, dedicated and focused play-time. I myself, with some others, love PvP but play everything else. We have RP fans, ship collectors, DPS crazies and lobi addicts.

Overall our fleet is relaxed but very keen on progressing at all times. If you think we sound good for a merger just say hi and come talk to us in our "Assimilated" channel or email recruitment@assimilatedinitiative.com
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    We will try to run ISE, KASE and CSE with fleets over the next week. If you wish to run with us and check out our skill then please feel free to add me as a friend and I shall endeaver to arrange something. We also have a channel for our fleet called "The Ministry" just PM one of us and we can add you to the channel for easy communication.