test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Launcher is not working.

Despite trying three times to launch STO, I get nothing once I hit 'ENGAGE' on the launcher. I will restart my computer & see if that has any luck on sorting the problem. Has anyone else had this problem, now or in the past. If you have any advice, I would like to hear from you.

Adm. Calb Mias Corris
USS Barbara Edith
NX-210726
Admiral Calb Mias Corris.
Post edited by kent1701 on

Comments

• Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kent1701 wrote: »
    Despite trying three times to launch STO, I get nothing once I hit 'ENGAGE' on the launcher. I will restart my computer & see if that has any luck on sorting the problem. Has anyone else had this problem, now or in the past. If you have any advice, I would like to hear from you.

Adm. Calb Mias Corris
    USS Barbara Edith
    NX-210726

Yeah about 4 hours ago my launcher has started acting all funky giving me just about every error I've ever seen when I get lucky it will log in a toon but right before its about to load it says server not responding, timeout errors, unable to authenticate, account server not responding, etc. It was bad enough there really hasnt been much of anything KDF specific put into this game in a long time but this I think is the straw that broke the camels back.
  • Options
    jguerinjguerin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Same thing is happening to me, been like this for four days now :(
  • Options
    sirdraknosirdrakno Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    :confused: Well looks like another star blunder again. Launcher is not working on mine or the kids computers. Wife said got to engage then crashed. Have tried several times and even rebooted. Another dropped bomb by STO
  • Options
    momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, the launcher for me does eventually come up with a page. Though sometimes it opens a new window in which Internet Explorer complains that it can't display the page. More significantly, if I launch the game client directly, it will never progress past "Connecting to accounts server". It tries for a while and then times out. I can ping and trace route to accounts.crypticstudios.com.

Wheeee
  • Options
    zauldjaminzauldjamin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm having no problems getting into the game... almost. When the game launches and is supposed to go to the character screen I get the error message "Version mismatch". Usualy it solves itself by just closing the launcher and starting again and today I redownloaded the client and still I get the "Version mismatch" error.
  • Options
    brutalisisbrutalisis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    what is the problem with those launchers??????!!!:mad:
  • Options
    jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    brutalisis wrote: »
    what is the problem with those launchers??????!!!:mad:

-_-

Posts need to be at least 10 characters long, really -_-
  • Options
    dllmmodllmmo Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Not sure if you checked latest update. But there are an extended downtime on servers because of the patch.

Main page shows updated times.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited April 2013
    The launcher was updated yesterday. If you run into any issues, please utilize this link to manually download it: http://files.startrekonline.com/launcher/Star%20Trek%20Online.exe -- more info is available in this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=505501

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.