What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Horrrrrrible thought

jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Ten Forward
I am praying I am wrong ....
BUT DID TNG 8-10 NEVER HAPPEN!?

Since the nexus thing, wouldn't all of 8 - 10 of happened in the nexus and Picard was imagining it all?

God help me if I am right
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Post edited by jumpingjs on

Comments

• Options
    collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ?

Assuming you are talking about the movies, it's pretty clear that Kirk and Picard left the nexus to go fight Soran. I don't think Kirk would have died if he were still in the nexus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    ?

Assuming you are talking about the movies, it's pretty clear that Kirk and Picard left the nexus to go fight Soran. I don't think Kirk would have died if he were still in the nexus.

Clear?

How?
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    jumpingjs wrote: »
    Clear?

How?

Hmm... They both rode their horses off into the blazing light and wound up on Veridian III.

Also, considering that the nexus is supposed to be a place of complete happiness, I doubt Picard would be imagining all the bad stuff that happened in the next movies. He doesn't strike me as the masochistic type.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Hmm... They both rode their horses off into the blazing light and wound up on Veridian III.

Also, considering that the nexus is supposed to be a place of complete happiness, I doubt Picard would be imagining all the bad stuff that happened in the next movies. He doesn't strike me as the masochistic type.

ahh ... I understand , sorry

• Options
    user839020189287user839020189287 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    He doesn't strike me as the masochistic type.

TRIBBLE... maybe so.;)
    "Dammit J'mpok! I'm a Warrior, not a Worrier!"

- KDF Ambassador Syon vocalizing her objection to the discussions of possible peace talks with the UFP due to recent Borg and Undine activities.
    Hegh'bat, Stardate 66588.8
  • Options
    djwashudjwashu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Kirk dying kinda kills any idea of them still being in the nexus.
  • Options
    celavazmycelavazmy Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i'm curious , was Soran in the Nexus too?
  • Options
    kobayashlmarukobayashlmaru Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ?

Allow me to throw a wrench into your very logical response. :)

Kirk knew he was dead already once he realized he was in the Nexus and nothing mattered. While on the horses he indirectly tells Picard that he was only happy when he was a starship captain trying to make a difference.

So Kirk decides his last act is to die doing something he loved. In fact, his last words were "it was fun" so we know he died happy. I would say it's possible he died having never left the Nexus, as he couldn't be happy anymore in the quasi alive state the Nexus gave him.
    Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Worf is the key.

Ignoring his convenient shore leave and/or wrecking the Defiant every time the Enterprise-E was doing anything, Picard still knew he had been moved to DS9, which he wouldn't have if he'd stayed in the Nexus. The fact that Worf survived to move to DS9 at all means that Kirk and Picard stopped the supernova that would have destroyed what was left of the Enterprise-D - those events actually played out just to erase any doubt.

Also, DS9 referenced the Borg attack in First Contact, depending on whether you go by dialog or stardates it was either happening a couple weeks before the Dominion came through the wormhole or while Sisko was dragging Eddington around the DMZ in a runabout with the Jem'hadar exterminating the Maquis (the latter making more sense since it explains why Sisko wasn't personally piloting his avatar of vengeance against the enemy he built it for).

As a non-Worf point, in Insurrection and Nemesis, Picard was aware of the Dominion War. If he was in the Nexus, he might have been aware of the Dominion's existence, but the Odyssey had not been destroyed yet, meaning it didn't yet pose a credible threat, much less an invasion of the Alpha Quadrant.
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    celavazmy wrote: »
    i'm curious , was Soran in the Nexus too?
    Arguably, there should have been an echo of him in the Nexus, just as there was of Guinan, and it would have worked better if the echo had then warped Picard (and Kirk's) experiences in the Nexus, but I do see that it might've came across as having to defeat Soran twice... But yeah, he should've been in there :cool:
  • Options
    kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    jumpingjs wrote: »
    I am praying I am wrong ....
    BUT DID TNG 8-10 NEVER HAPPEN!?
    I wish. Would have been nice to have gotten some better movies, and NO REMANS, EVER.

:rolleyes:
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    TRIBBLE... maybe so.;)

Thank you so much for this. You made my week.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Allow me to throw a wrench into your very logical response. :)

Kirk knew he was dead already once he realized he was in the Nexus and nothing mattered. While on the horses he indirectly tells Picard that he was only happy when he was a starship captain trying to make a difference.

So Kirk decides his last act is to die doing something he loved. In fact, his last words were "it was fun" so we know he died happy. I would say it's possible he died having never left the Nexus, as he couldn't be happy anymore in the quasi alive state the Nexus gave him.

I'll see your wrench and raise you a hammer. ;)

Assuming that Kirk did in fact die in the Nexus, where does that leave Picard? Some kind of weird after-death dream of Kirk's?

And let's be honest, all of ST is just a grand story in Benny Russell's mind. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.