test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Yesterday's Enterprise Uniform

tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
edited February 2013 in The Art of Star Trek Online
Did anyone notice any kind of pattern to the alternate TNG uniform from Yesterday's Enterprise? I'm trying to get mine to match it correctly.

Some wore the standard TNG uniform, some wore the (supposedly modified) Season 1 TNG uniform, some had only the belt while others the belt and chest strap.
tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
Post edited by tyler002 on

Comments

• corbinwolf#9797 corbinwolf Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's funny you should ask as I just watched this episode again yesterday (no pun intended) via Netflix. I did not see any discernable pattern and felt that inevitably higher ranking officers opted for the belt whilst lower ranking officers the entire chest and waist strap/belt. That is just one observation though and dont know if it had so much to do with rank than simply personal preference?!

:rolleyes:
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    TNG had rather awkward issues with retro props. They didn't have the budget to make new ones so they used whatever was laying around.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • paragon92518paragon92518 Member Posts: 268
    edited February 2013
    The term "Yesterday's Enterprise Uniform" is rather mis-leading. I think most players thought it should have been the undershirtLESS, burgandy TWOK uniforms from the show, not just a cheap belt/strap.

There is still hope to but an Ambassador uniform in the Z-Store, but I won't hold my breath.
  • caemgencaemgen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The term "Yesterday's Enterprise Uniform" is rather mis-leading. I think most players thought it should have been the undershirtLESS, burgandy TWOK uniforms from the show, not just a cheap belt/strap.

There is still hope to but an Ambassador uniform in the Z-Store, but I won't hold my breath.

Hey, I was disappointed on the KDF side too. Imagine my surprise at seeing our "Yesterday's Enterprise" outfit was the exact same belt and strap, complete with Starfleet Delta accents on the belt. :(

While we're on it, I haven't seen mention anywhere else, but does this come with the TNG uniform itself as well? I already had the C-store so I can't tell.
  • warhammeredwarhammered Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The major 'OOPS!' of this uniform varient, is that the collar is raised on the TNG unifom, to almost a complete circle. They also had black cuffs on the end of the sleeves. So, there is a difference.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Starfleet_uniform_(alternate)

Take a look at Picard's picture entilted 'raised uniform collar', and you'll see the difference...no gap in the collar. You can't notice the black cuffs, but watch the episode and you'll see it, plain as day. This should be added to the 'Yesterday's Enterprise' options for the top uniform. Then it will be complete.
  • djwashudjwashu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I concur. Watched the episode when I played the mission on my fed. Sorely disappointed with uniform results.
  • palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    the thg uniform top with the rounded collars and black sleeves were not included.

The phaser belt is to thin and the buckle should be larger, the color looks like a cheap imitation it needs work, the shoulder strap looks good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • paragon92518paragon92518 Member Posts: 268
    edited February 2013
    djwashu wrote: »
    I concur. Watched the episode when I played the mission on my fed. Sorely disappointed with uniform results.

Someone hit the nail on the head summing up the uniform belt/strap by saying it looks as-if an intern quickly designed it and uploaded it before the deadline. Its misleading, and the (actual 1701-C uniforms) should be added to the game via fleet, or c-store, or by some means, however, for some reason, I can not see this happening, unless enough players complain about it.