test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

3rd Anniversary Mission

kvetkvet Member Posts: 106 Arc User
So, I really liked this mission -- enough that I thought I'd actually post a quick comment on it. Usually, I don't take the time, but there is one aspect of this mission that surprised me. Yes, the voices, and story, funny easter eggs, etc, is all neat. Yes, there were some funny bugs (like my Adapted Maco head with no neck... and my KDF boffs showing all wrong), but there was on specific element that I thought was absolutely great and I REALLY hope to see it used much more widely: The layout of the tunnels is random and different every time you run it. That is a new thing in my experience with STO, and something I can't wait to see more of.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There were so many epic moments in this mission I almost lost my voice from cheering so much. Commanding the Enterprise-C was awesome, and that Wells-class ship one-shotting a Tarantula was so unexpected and so epic I almost cried.

If future missions are that great, the future looks bright for STO.

Only question: does my character remember the events of the mission, or were his memories of the new timeline wiped clean by the 29th century Starfleet? It seemed kind of ambiguous.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • captainlimcaptainlim Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There were so many epic moments in this mission I almost lost my voice from cheering so much. Commanding the Enterprise-C was awesome, and that Wells-class ship one-shotting a Tarantula was so unexpected and so epic I almost cried.

If future missions are that great, the future looks bright for STO.

Only question: does my character remember the events of the mission, or were his memories of the new timeline wiped clean by the 29th century Starfleet? It seemed kind of ambiguous.

well, yeah unfortunately, as the timeline restored and the new timeline never existed. Well the 29th Century Starfleet Captain said that we are important to events that will happen after the mission, so i guess more mission will come in the future.

And i like this mission, i rather replay this mission
  • wilsonkimewilsonkime Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think I'm in a loop, but don't know if it is by design?

I've exited to regular space twice, and when I continue the mission I end up back in the tunnels and have to find my way to the ship again. is this correct or am I stuck? It gets tedious doing the same thing over and over.

thanks
  • wilsonkimewilsonkime Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ok, just saw another thread about this bug
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Those tunnels reminded me greatly of trudging through Nar Shaddaa's sewers! Great memories were brought back to me that day! :D
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • jazznorajazznora Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    my kdf seems stuck in a loop as well , did the full mish same as my starfleet captain ,but after im done and leave the system mission does not update, have to redo the mission from where me and the crew have to release the ship.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Strange. I never had any problems at all. The mission worked perfectly well the entire way through. :confused:
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
    edited February 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Strange. I never had any problems at all. The mission worked perfectly well the entire way through. :confused:

Same here. I guess we're just lucky.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • thorodalthorodal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just noticed something:

In the end of the mission the timeship only beams the alternative you off the Enterprise-C, saying that they can't risk you effecting the timeline, BUT there is another individual from that alternate 2409 on the Enterprise who seems to make the trip back to Narendra III in the past as the captain of the timeship leaves her on board the Ambassador-class starship:

T'Nae.

Just imagine the possible consequences :eek:
    edited February 2013
    thorodal wrote: »
    I just noticed something:

In the end of the mission the timeship only beams the alternative you off the Enterprise-C, saying that they can't risk you effecting the timeline, BUT there is another individual from that alternate 2409 on the Enterprise who seems to make the trip back to Narendra III in the past as the captain of the timeship leaves her on board the Ambassador-class starship:

T'Nae.

Just imagine the possible consequences :eek:

Walker probably picked her up and did the same thing to her as he did to you. That, or there are two T'naes just like there are (or were) two Tasha Yars. :eek:
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
    edited February 2013
    Walker probably picked her up and did the same thing to her as he did to you.

Then he could have beamed her aboard along with yourself, but she wasn't on that timeship's bridge as the timeline got restored, which means she did travel into the past on board the Enterprise. Which would mean that
    That, or there are two T'naes just like there are (or were) two Tasha Yars. :eek:

is more likely.
    edited February 2013
    Then he could have beamed her aboard along with yourself, but she wasn't on that timeship's bridge as the timeline got restored, which means she did travel into the past on board the Enterprise.

He may not have done T'nae and yourself at the same time. Remember, the Pastak is a timeship. He can grab anybody from anywhere at whatever time he wants.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
    edited February 2013
    It is a possibility. But seeing that their timeline is getting erased anyway: Why not beam them aboard at the same time if the only objective here is to prevent them from traveling into the past?

While not totally discarding the possibility, I think that the option of alternate T'Nae travelling into the past as well is more likely. Which opens a LOT of questions:
    • Did she survive the battle at Narendra III?
    • Was she taken prisoner as well?
    • Did she survive imprisonment?
    • What did she do afterwards?
    • Did she survive the destruction of Romulus?
    • Where is she now?

This list can be continued even further, she could have offspring like Tasha as well. And if the latter is the case we could be in for a huge surprise in the future, just as Picard was surprised as he met Sela the first time.
    edited February 2013
    It is a possibility. But seing that their timeline is getting erased anyway: Why not beam them aboard at the same time if the only objective here is to prevent them from traveling into the past?

While not totally discarding the possibility, I think that the option of alternate T'Nae travelling into the past as well is more likely. Which opens a LOT of questions:
    • Did she survive the battle at Narendra III?
    • Was she taken prisoner as well?
    • Did she survive imprisonment?
    • What did she do afterwards?
    • Did she survive the destruction of Romulus?
    • Where is she now?

This list can be continued even further, she could have offspring like Tasha as well. And if the latter is the case we could be in for a huge surprise in the future, just as Picard was surprised as he met Sela the first time.

True. And an alternate T'nae messing with our timeline is a much more interesting idea. Perhaps worthy of a Foundry mission or two ...
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • alexanderd12alexanderd12 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just wanted to echoe the thoughts of those who appreciate this mission. I played it on Sunday, after what has been a not terribly great week.

I haven't played STO since Christmas, and this anniversary mission was a great reason to do so. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but as the mission was finishing, I realised I had a big goofy smile on my face. There were some great moments in the story (I loved my captain's parallel universe incarnation, and exploring the alternate lives of STO chracters - including my own crew). Of course, by the time I crossed the docking bay taking in the approaching Enterprise-C for the fir, I knew I was in love with this episode. Commanding her was the icing on the cake, even if it was only for a short time.

So thank you, Cryptic, for making me smile on an otherwise depressing day. More great story episodes would be appreciated!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kvet wrote: »
    So, I really liked this mission -- enough that I thought I'd actually post a quick comment on it. Usually, I don't take the time, but there is one aspect of this mission that surprised me. Yes, the voices, and story, funny easter eggs, etc, is all neat. Yes, there were some funny bugs (like my Adapted Maco head with no neck... and my KDF boffs showing all wrong), but there was on specific element that I thought was absolutely great and I REALLY hope to see it used much more widely: The layout of the tunnels is random and different every time you run it. That is a new thing in my experience with STO, and something I can't wait to see more of.
    random layout? nah... I made a map: http://www.stowiki.org/File:Map2.png

I've run it several times and it's always had that layout. Now I have seen the accolades in different spots though.... look at the compass rose I made, the doors in the maze have Tholian symbols for north, etc. above them.

I have seen the issue with the mission not completing properly. I have gotten around this by turning in the mission before leaving Azure.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • eklinaareklinaar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This mission was fantastic. I really enjoyed it.
  • edosianedosian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So, I'm new to the game and I just finished this mission - but I can't find the uniform you get as a reward nor can I figure out how to get the ship. Any help for a noob? Thanks!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    edosian wrote: »
    So, I'm new to the game and I just finished this mission - but I can't find the uniform you get as a reward nor can I figure out how to get the ship. Any help for a noob? Thanks!
    It's not a full uniform but a costume option. The part fall under "chest gear" and "Belt".
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg