test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I think it is about time we do a STF Boot camp

sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
so who is tired of the playes come into STF elite npropely equiped

who is also tired of super trooper say infected spsce elite go to other side or my new favorite go after to mini gens before cube is taken care of now you got 2 spheres and a cube

solution is STF Boot Camp

I think the main problem is when they took the loot out and put in reputation no one cars they just go though for marks and dilthium
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    That's actually a very cool idea mate :)
  • dma1986dma1986 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll just put this here for any new STFers that want to learn the procedures and tactics before going into one.

http://www.stoacademy.com/walkthrough/stf/
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Agreed,I'm getting sick of pugs noobing it up
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • brakner11brakner11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited February 2013
      Maybe if they new what the bonus was they wouldn't be so quick to TRIBBLE it up. I for one have done it with bonus dozens of times and still don't know what you get for completing it correctly :)
    • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
      edited February 2013
      brakner11 wrote: »
      Maybe if they new what the bonus was they wouldn't be so quick to TRIBBLE it up. I for one have done it with bonus dozens of times and still don't know what you get for completing it correctly :)
      15 omega marks. It's hardly worth getting all frustrated over.
    • wikkedjrwikkedjr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited February 2013
      warpangel wrote: »
      15 omega marks. It's hardly worth getting all frustrated over.

I disagree....the bonus for Infected is so easy to get you really have to try to blow it. The other ones sure, no big deal. But the number of times I've been in pug groups that blew the ISE bonus while multiple people give direction as to what's being done wrong and the one person just keeps going on is crazy.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • redrickyredricky Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
      edited February 2013
      Sorry, no. Boot camp is for small groups of players to learn the skills needed for pre-made PvP with voicecomms.

We need a public awareness campaign. Put out a pinup calendar with the girls of ST. Every month will have STF tips. Denise Crosby will be looking smexy in March while reminding us to stick to the 10% rule.

It's not a question skill, it's a question of ignorance. STFs do not require more talent than it takes to tie your shoes; learning curve, then routine. Once you learn how it's frustrating to watch someone fumble through it. Boot camp is training, which builds skills. We just need education, which adds knowledge.

STO knows where I'm about to zone into. When an STF is loading how about the load screens remind people to open their chat window so they can communicate with their team? That alone would save some optionals.
      edited February 2013
      redricky wrote: »
      Sorry, no. Boot camp is for small groups of players to learn the skills needed for pre-made PvP with voicecomms.

We need a public awareness campaign. Put out a pinup calendar with the girls of ST. Every month will have STF tips. Denise Crosby will be looking smexy in March while reminding us to stick to the 10% rule.

It's not a question skill, it's a question of ignorance. STFs do not require more talent than it takes to tie your shoes; learning curve, then routine. Once you learn how it's frustrating to watch someone fumble through it. Boot camp is training, which builds skills. We just need education, which adds knowledge.

STO knows where I'm about to zone into. When an STF is loading how about the load screens remind people to open their chat window so they can communicate with their team? That alone would save some optionals.

I sadly must agree. STFs are not even remotely difficult skill wise, nor do they require uber builds or gear. They make it faster, but that is about it.

Point nose at target, jam spacebar, yo yo, get prize.

If your sick of PuGs ruining it for you, ya just need to carry harder.