test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If the world ends, but you had this escape......

hawkwing43hawkwing43 Member Posts: 1,701 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Ten Forward
Lets just say the the world had ended back on december 21, 2012, but right beore it did you have 7 STAR GATES open right in front of you. You can see from the 7 Gates....

1. A world that looks almost something from Lord of the Rings.

2. A world that looks closely like Blade Runner.

3. A world that looks somewhat like something from the Marvel universe.

4. A world that looks Slightly like Star Trek right after the Show Enterprise.

5. A world that looks Strongly like Star Wars after the Return of the Jedi.

6. A world the looks just like the DC Universe.

7. A world that is full of tropical islands.

You don't have much time to pick, and the people that see the gates are running your way. You don't know how long you have, so you must make you choice in the matter of seconds.

So...........

What would you pick, and what do you see your self doing right now 2 months later in that new place. :D

Oh and to be fair about it, you would get 1000 in whatever currentcy once you crossed over, and something to use as transport of that period to get your around. Maybe so people run in with you too, I know i would. lol
Post edited by hawkwing43 on

Comments

• lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    A world that looks Strongly like Star Wars after the Return of the Jedi.

I would be signing up on every freighter I could find, to be a crewman or whatever so that one day I could have my own ship.

tropical islands would be second, but don't know if the gate would put me on an island or in the sea somewhere between. Also, there's the issue with fresh water, and money would be useless unless there was a population center on the island the gate chose to put me on.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • hawkwing43hawkwing43 Member Posts: 1,701 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    That's the unknow factor in this whole thing, but so you know going through a gate would have you in a safe spot. So no getting dropped in the middle of an ocean lol
  • collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Post-ENT Earth. Probably relearning everything about my job that has progressed in the 150 years between.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Because I already know enough about the world to sign up to Star Fleet and "be somebody". :)

Although, DC Universe (comics version) would probably be my second pick because ... Wonder Woman. 'nuff said.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The star trek one. I like the future and science fiction, its a time of relative peace and things are going well for humanity without being too different to our own time. i could dig that.

some of the others might be more exciting and interesting from a danger and adventure point of view but Im a wimp and dont want to to be eaten by a balrog or killed by a sith. :P
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have the feeling that if I was there, I'd go with Blade Runner. Which probably wouldn't be that smart, but eh.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • plox21plox21 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Star Trek uniferse FTW , why?...because in Star Trek i can use holodeck and recreate all of worlds on list and much more(in much more im thinking of vulcan/orion/bolian/caitian.... happy programs that you can run in holodeck :P ).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    malkarris wrote: »
    I have the feeling that if I was there, I'd go with Blade Runner. Which probably wouldn't be that smart, but eh.

There's always the offworld colonies? "The chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!!"
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, I don't know... Tropical islands tend to have cannibals on them. I'm not going to live in some dystopian disaster waiting to happen world, so that rules out the Blade Runner universe, or both the comic book ones. Star Wars universe is kind of mundane-unfriendly as well. That leaves Trek and Lord of the Rings. Post ENT is still pretty early on. I've no interest in being stuck in interstellar space with a freighter crew for months on end before I finally get to see a strange new world, and there's probably not quite that many civilians setting out past the furthest lines on the map yet, so...

I guess I'll bring the secret of gunpowder to Middle Earth. Sure, I'll have to walk everywhere at first, but at least I'll get to be king. :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    plox21 wrote: »
    Star Trek uniferse FTW , why?...because in Star Trek i can use holodeck and recreate all of worlds on list and much more(in much more im thinking of vulcan/orion/bolian/caitian.... happy programs that you can run in holodeck :P ).

emmmm

It did say after enterprise. you got to wait a couple of hundred years or so before they invent holodecks.
  • plox21plox21 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    emmmm

It did say after enterprise. you got to wait a couple of hundred years or so before they invent holodecks.

my time-line would be 2370 year....before dominion war :).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • evendzharevendzhar Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would pick the tropical island planet, as it's the only one that doesn't appear to be tied to some franchise. I just hope I don't run into Gilligan there.
    edited February 2013
    Maybe I should have mixed The Fifth Element with the Blade Runner hehe. Naawwww Bad idea.
  • tripphtripph Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'd rather have TOS Trek timeline, but would settle for post-Ent Trek. It's probably the best bet for someone with NO relevant skills or knowledge.

I could probably milk my own knowledge/experience of present day for a little while, then I'd have to find a way to support myself. The Trek universe seems the most likely for me to be able to adapt.
    _____

I'm still fairly new. If I screwed up again, let me know.
  • kobayashlmarukobayashlmaru Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The decision for me comes down to one question ? in which one do commoners benefit the most? Because let?s face it, I will likely be the people in the background, not the superheroes. To that end my choice is either Star Wars or Post Enterprise and here?s why:

Lord of the Rings ? Great if you?re a Hobbit, but the humans all seem to live in relative squalor unless you?re a king. So no.

Blade Runner
    ? Dark, artificial future, where I could end up being cloned or framed for murder. No thanks.

Marvel ? Yeah, I can see myself dangling over a bridge while some superheroes save the world at my expense. Also, the man of steel deflects bullets into the window where my office is, potentially killing me. Yeah I?ll pass for sure.

DC Universe ? Same as Marvel, with the addition of a maniacal clown who wants to blow up the ferry I?m taking home after work. So that would be a no.

Tropical Island
    ? Sounds like the North Sentinel Island, which is a fate worse than witnessing the end of the world. If I don't see a resort there, I would surely think twice before attempting this one.

Post-Enterprise ? Civilians don?t have lots of luxuries in Trek, not in any Trek series really, but disease is gone, money isn?t a driving factor anymore, replicators are everywhere, and people seem generally happy. But more importantly, I see culture thriving which is important to overall happiness.

Star Wars ? Rampant corruption, and political instability is likely to cause a major civil war that will unfortunately target civilians indiscriminately. But so many people, so many opportunities, there?s a chance to make a decent living. Again, this is a world where people outside of politics and war are generally happy, until you get blown up by a death star for being a pacifist. I would say this is acceptable.

Oh, and since you threw it in there?

Fifth Element ? If I wanted to live in a cube for the rest of my insignificant life, I would have moved back to Tokyo years ago. :D

Had you thrown in Caprica / BSG pre-invasion that would have been interesting. I think the living virtual world idea is cool.
    Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would pick the 8th option: Pull six of the Gates in with me, as I enter the post-Ent gate.

Ha-ha! Now I can choose at will!
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • lady0mysterylady0mystery Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    it's hard to decide between Star trek and DC universe.

If I went to DC universe, All I would need is to find a way to give myself superpowers... and in some heroes' origin stories that's actually pretty easy to do. So All I would need is to take along some comics on that and decide whenever I want to be more like the flash or somebody else. :P

Then I'd be a kickass superheroine for JUSTICE.

Star trek-- well I think you all know why I would choose this world.
    edited February 2013
    HAHA stardestroyer001 that's cheating and what if you did put that move off, whos to say that doesn't open an 8th gate to some random place. You could be sliding all over the map. lol

kobayashlmaru I was thinking about adding BSG, but you have 12 planets getting wiped out vs the one your leaving, that's going from the fring pan into the fire don't you think? But you could go after Baltar, and stop that whole event from happening in the 1st place. lol

Ok guys I will add the Exobites that's going on with DCUO, so if you cross over into the DC universe, there is a good chance you will gain super powers, but you can't pick what the powers will be. Marvel will be as it is, if you want tohse powers, you will have to figure that out on yur own. :D
  • marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll divide my answer...

I would not chose:

1. A world that looks almost something from Lord of the Rings.
    Because I would not want to live in a world without electricity and indoor plumbing (although if there were maidens fair on the other side of the gate...

2. A world that looks closely like Blade Runner.
    Because things would look too scuzzy and cut-throat for me to make a comfortable living in, without fear of some glorified rapist blowing a dinner-plate sized hole in my chest with a hand-canon... :eek:

6. A world the looks just like the DC Universe.
    Because something seriously nasty would be likely to happen to me...

7. A world that is full of tropical islands.
    Because I would not want to be in a survival situation for the rest of my life...

I would not mind:
    3. A world that looks somewhat like something from the Marvel universe.

or

5. A world that looks Strongly like Star Wars after the Return of the Jedi.

But my prime choice would be:

I'd set up business as a dermal pigmentation artist (with the gizmo Phlox used on the Xindi Captain and Archer...) :cool:
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Post Enterprise, I'd join Starfleet, the Mirror one that is
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
      edited February 2013
      If it was the TNG era, I could see myself working on a freighter or something, and visiting different planets that way. It wouldn't be the most glamorous way to travel the stars but I could probably do it. I don't think I am Starfleet material, lol.

I don't think I would like the ENT era. Space travel was still rare and usually for exclusively trained personnel, so its unlikely I could even go into space in that time. Remember Archer picked all the best and brightest for his crew from amongst all of planet Earth. I don't think there were many other starships in service at that time and if there were, their crews would also be hand-picked cream of the crop.

DC Universe ONLY if I got a superpower or two. Being a normal person in that universe is a quick way to end up dead.

The others I'm not really interested in.
    • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited February 2013
      4. A world that looks Slightly like Star Trek right after the Show Enterprise

Looks like the safest place to go. Do they still have Facebook?
    • captnurntumbercaptnurntumber Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited February 2013
      No superhero universe unless I were to somehow gain super powers by choosing that world. If that were the case I'd probably pick that.

I'm too old to think about learning thinfgs over...at least not willingly...so Star Wars or Star Trek would have the same thing for me...if I could somehow learn stuff fast, I'd pick Star Wars fisrt, only because I could be a freighter captain like Han Solo. I say that because I've been in the military for 23 years....I would not fit into Starfleet easily. Well, maybe I could if it were the Kirk era.

A lord of the rings type universe is highly appealing though. I'd be running the place inside of a few years.
    • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
      edited February 2013
      To boldly go where no man has gone before....

After all, if it is the Star Trek universe, being able to predict things like Kirk, the Guardian of Forever, the arrival of the Q, the Iconians, Section 31, the Dominion War, and the Borg, I'm fairly certain I could make a very nice life for myself.

After all, why be a King when you can be a God? :D
    • oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
      edited February 2013
      LoTR. Mountains.. Wide open spaces. Heaven.
    • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited February 2013
      I'd probably stay to be honest, but gate 5 if you would force me.
      signwidrona.png
      edited February 2013
      Ok would anyone pick the Marvel Universe if you had a pick of the following powers?

1. Spiderman type powers.

2. Hulk type powers

3. Captain American type powers

4. Ironman type powers.

5. You chould join Shield

6. You would get a random good mutant power

7. You would be reborn as an Asgardian.

8. You could gain Dr. Strange type powers

Would that help you pick that gate?

The DC one I did add you might gain powers from Exobites, but it would be a totally random type power, so you couldn't pick what you wanted.
    • marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
      edited February 2013
      hawkwing43 wrote: »
      Ok would anyone pick the Marvel Universe if you had a pick of the following powers?

1. Spiderman type powers.

2. Hulk type powers

3. Captain American type powers

4. Ironman type powers.

5. You chould join Shield

6. You would get a random good mutant power

7. You would be reborn as an Asgardian.

8. You could gain Dr. Strange type powers

Would that help you pick that gate?

The DC one I did add you might gain powers from Exobites, but it would be a totally random type power, so you couldn't pick what you wanted.
      I would've had the Marvel Universe as a back up regardless of powers. I'd be happy to have no powers at all, if I was guaranteed to have Angelica Jones aka Firestar as a girlfriend... I had a mahoosive crush on her when I was a child :D

I chose the Trek universe as it was the one I would be most easily be able to fit into and make a decent living :)
    • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
      edited February 2013
      I'll take The Punishers power for the win Alex.

:D
      KBF Lord MalaK
      Awoken Dead
      giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG