test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bribing fleets with your fleet marks

twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
I've gained a few thousand of these now thanks to being a regular foundry player. I've brought this up before and I got a number of "gimme!" so I've started to consider the idea of giving.

My questions for you are;

1. How many fleet marks do feel are worth the Fleet's time to have me temp-join?

2. What sort of payment for them do you feel I should ask?

3. How would this procedure work? Go to their base or embassy? Talk to some guy with a funny hat?
<3
Post edited by twg042370 on

Comments

• nileight1nileight1 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Personally, zero.

I don't want mercenaries in my fleet.

Good luck to you though.
  • devian666devian666 Member Posts: 473
    edited February 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »
    I've gained a few thousand of these now thanks to being a regular foundry player. I've brought this up before and I got a number of "gimme!" so I've started to consider the idea of giving.

1. How many fleet marks do feel are worth the Fleet's time to have me temp-join?

3. How would this procedure work? Go to their base or embassy? Talk to some guy with a funny hat?

I would negotiate directly. The value of marks varies considerably based on the fleet. Some fleets already have players with stockpiles of marks, others desperately need them for large upgrades. Some small fleets also need large amounts of expertise. Again the value to the fleet depends on what they actually need.

There are plenty of fleets with weird space honour issues about paying ec or other trading to get what they want. This is of course because they are space poor or too cheap to pay for anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trellabortrellabor Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am not sure the value of Fleet Marks these days, they are abundant and plentiful and in my Fleet it's Expertise first then the Fleet Marks gets filled almost immediately behind it.....so there seems to be no shortage. Really it's the DoFF's that sit around waiting to be filled up.

That being said, a smaller Fleet would be more viable....but may not have the store access at the Tier you are seeking.
    ____
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The o3 - Killed you good
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I kind of figured that marks might be plentiful... The Doff situation explains the exchange prices.
    nileight1 wrote: »
    I don't want mercenaries in my fleet.

No space station is complete without a Ferengi or two.
    <3
  • draugadandraugadan Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm not sure how many members makes a fleet small or medium, but the Fleet I am in is one or the other. We are mostly tier 3 at the moment. Anyway, Fleet marks go fairly quick for us. What we generally lag behind the most in is dilithium. 2nd would be doffs I think. Based on what I've seen in this Fleet I can't imagine anyone offering anything for something that is so easy to come by. But, good luck to you, I hope somehow it works out for you.
  • betawatcherbetawatcher Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Dear OP: you screwed up by using the term "bribing". In reality, it is selling or trading. You have something fleets want(fleet credits), they have something you want(whatever that may be). Exchanging one thing for another is not a bribe, it is a sale or trade. Using the wrong term is going to make some people think you are trying to do something shady when you in fact arent.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Dear beatwatcher: My only TRIBBLE up, which I admit I make frequently in these here forums, was forgetting that some users wouldn't recognize tongue-in-cheek if they paid someone to do it to them.

Regardless, it seems clear that there's little to no need for this growing pile of marks. Which is fine and getting rid of them isn't a pressing need for me. I was more curious about finding a use for them. And I'm glad to be better informed about the state of the Fleet system now.
    <3
  • savnokasavnoka Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »

I know you mean this in satire, but my fleet uses mercenaries constantly. We have a special rank and bank tab for them, even. We are very small and casual, but most of my alts had been VA for a long time and I had staggering amounts of dil, zen and EC.

Even now I have about across my alts probably half a billion EC and a million dil, and about 11,000 zen left in my account. what I don't have time to do is grind fleet marks for hours.

The process is simple, a mercenary picks one of several rewards and then a good faith offering is made. Once that's done , marks are deposited in blocks and rewards given for each block.

I don't have to worry about pleasing mercs,

Typical exchanges have included

500 marks for 1 key
    2500 marks for a spare temp ship I wasn't using
    50 marks for 100,000 EC and a handful of traces
    4000 marks for me to craft a guy a full set of Aegis

So far I suspect we've managed to complete about 10 projects (and finish out the latest tier of our shipyard) solely through mercs.

I've only been scammed once , and that was for a key, big deal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My bank toon has a bit over 5400 marks, all those just from trading in CXP. Wish I could transfer them to our fleet's KDF side, they're always a bit short on marks, unlike the Fed side that has more players.

I agree w/ an above poster. Since S7 the Dil queue is the last to fill because of how they changed Dil gathering. I know my Dil income has been cut drastically. Used to make around 12.5k a day, now it's more like 5000, in the same amount of playing time. The lack of Officer Report daily Quickie for 1440 Dil per toon, has wiped out my Dil income.:( Most days I only have time to refill my doff mission queues and maybe run an STF or two. In S6 I would dump in 100k Dil w/o too much agony now and again. Now I barely put in 1000.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If you have marks to spend, and want to buy stuff, you're welcome to contact @eulif_davis (me), @scipher, @srafa, or @jpwolf. We have a T2 starbase, and are close to unlocking T3 shipyard.

We don't really have a need for fleet marks, but we have a surplus of requisitions, so you're welcome to trade some marks for some equipment. Just bring your own dilithium. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Please contact @Sekrit_Agent via in-game mail if you have fleet marks to spare, I desperately need some, Fed and KDF welcome.

Thanks!
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • cracobiggleycracobiggley Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I guess what isnt really clear to me is what your looking to do...are you wanting to basically sell your fleet marks to a fleet in exchange for Dil/items? Are you just looking from a charity home for them? Or perhaps your looking for a way into a fleet to buy fleet items and not sure how much to offer to grease the wheels to get into the fleet?
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My bank toon has a bit over 5400 marks

You could easily ask for 50-100M ECs for that. It's not much i know but i'm not sure you could ask for more if you want to sell it quickly.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I also got quite a few thousands of Fleet marks I could easily spare on both FED and KDF side.

If I may use this thread as a sort of trade channel, I'd happily use my marks in someone's fleet in exchange of his help to my fleet (preferably dilithium, but I'm open for suggestions).

I got at least 5k surplus fleet marks in both factions, if you're interested, you could send a pm to @toiva, I guess.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • viper40wattviper40watt Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    savnoka wrote: »
    I know you mean this in satire, but my fleet uses mercenaries constantly. We have a special rank and bank tab for them, even. We are very small and casual, but most of my alts had been VA for a long time and I had staggering amounts of dil, zen and EC.

Let me know if your fleet is looking for any more fleet marks as I believe I have something like 10,000 spread out over a few alts.