test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Tor'kaht build

phil3822phil3822 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Klingon Discussion
Hi all, need some help with my build. I have a fleet Tor'kaht which has the following layout.

Skills here > http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/index.php?build=PhilFleetTorKaht_2160

The ship has XII purple disruptor DHC x3
XII purple Q torp
XII purple disruptor turrets x4

I also have the XII KHG set
Engineering consoles = 3x Blue XI Neutronium alloy + Assimilated console
Science consoles = 2x Blue XI Field Generator
Tactical consoles = 4x Blue XI disruptor induction coils

Doffs:
Projectile weapons officer
Warp core engineer
Damage control engineer x3

All are purple quality.

My BOFF layout is in the STOA skill planner layout. I would welcome any help in improving this. I know its far from perfect.
Post edited by phil3822 on

Comments

• mustafatennickmustafatennick Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It all depends on what you do with it

If its just to plink plink the Borg then champion but pvp I would switch a few things around

But either way the first thing I'd do is get the Borg deflector and engines for the hull heal still use the covariant shield array
    ----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====---- :cool:
  • phil3822phil3822 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I actually moved away from the borg 2 piece set when season 7 launched. I did not realise this was a common thing. I have had some time away from game.
    edited January 2013
    Well it's just a matter of opinion or preference but 33000 hull repair and reduction in damage to hull is unmissable in my eyes

So pvp or pve or both
    ----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====---- :cool:
    edited January 2013
    I will have a look at it, I have the original set if they are what you mean or are you talking about new kit from the reputation store? I would not have unlocked any of this yet. Thanks for your responses.
    edited January 2013
    As far as I'm aware it the same and no problem
    edited January 2013
    I have tried the borg eng and def with KHG shield and it gives a bit better hull and hull repair rates so will go with it for a bit with thanks. Any and all further advice welcome.
    edited February 2013
    Having had a read about I am thinking of replacing the Q torp with another DHC then maybe replace the Torp spread with an AP of some sort. Any thoughts on this?
    edited February 2013
    Ok, I have decided on a few choices I would appreciate views on. I will either replace the Q torp with a DBB and then Beam Overload ability or place another DHC and then use an AP, either APO or APB.
    edited February 2013
    I will be honest with you I tried a BO build and for some reason it didn't wok for me

I don't know wether it was because I could only get a low level one in or it interrupted with my DEM too much

A torp sounds good, low level torp skills trump low level beam skills and it won't interfere with your power levels if anything it will help

However some people do say you lose dps but if it suits you better do it
    edited February 2013
    I have torp at the moment and wanting to move away from it. Concentrate on energy weapon build. I find the torp good but I think I would prefer another DHC and an APO. I never got on with DEM fro some reason. Thanks for responding.
  • lordcorrinolordcorrino Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Fleet Vorcha needs some help in the turn department. You won't notice it in PVE much, but you will in PVP. Here's my build compromised for both.

Comm. Eng. EPS1, EPS2, RSP2, EWP3
    Lt. Comm. Tac. TT1, CRF1, APO2, CRF3
    Lt. Tac. TT1, CRF1
    Lt. Sci. PH1, HE2
    Ens. Eng. ET1

4 DHC, 4 Turrets
    KHG Engines, Omega Shield, Omega Deflector (for enhanced turn + tetryon glider)
    4 AP relays
    2 Field Generators
    2 Mk XII Blue RCS Consoles, 1 neutronium, 1 borg console

3 Shield Dist., 1 Conn, 1 Damage Cntl. Eng.
  • brakner11brakner11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    2 x Field Gens don't seem to work anymore.(Stealth fix - nerf?)

I tried both 1 and 2 Field Generators with Aegis and Borg set's above DS9 on 3 different KDF ships, I can only get 1 to work now.

I exited DS9 space and even logged out to see if it was a graphical bug, nope.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    brakner11 wrote: »
    2 x Field Gens don't seem to work anymore.(Stealth fix - nerf?)

I tried both 1 and 2 Field Generators with Aegis and Borg set's above DS9 on 3 different KDF ships, I can only get 1 to work now.

I exited DS9 space and even logged out to see if it was a graphical bug, nope.

Working for me. Tired it on my Fleet Tor'Kaht with Adapted KHG and regular KHG shields. Are the Field Generator consoles you have the Mark and Rarity? All the ones I have are Mk XI Blues.

Are you sure the second one is being mounted to your main ship and not your Shuttle/Fighter? Sometimes the interface will get confused if you just double-click to mount an item as to what ship to put stuff on, if you have a small craft set.

Edit: Just tired it with the AEGIS and Borg (Mk XI) sets to be sure, and those worked as well with stacked Field Generator consoles.
  • squonkmansquonkman Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Lt. Comm. Tac. TT1, CRF1, APO2, CRF3

I would like to know how you can manage to put not only one but two commander BOFF abilities into one lt. commander slot.
  • brakner11brakner11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes , I put 2 side my side on 5 different ships (2 KDF carriers, 3 Fed),I have one spare per side. As I said somewhere else maybe its because mine are 2 years old and were pre nerf...maybe when they got adjusted they broke?

Guess I have to waste 16k Dil and make 2 more to find out :(