test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Friday Screenshot Available - 2/1/2013

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited February 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We've added a new image to the media gallery.

Will you march?

Link to the gallery.

Link to the teaser site.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• mirrorseacatmirrorseacat Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    you dont even know how much of an emotional wreck that image and those words make me (well you probably do Brandon now that I think about it) im all teary-eyed again

*edit, as my emotional state created an effect of sub-par spelling which is now corrected
  • averyddaverydd Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If its playable Romulans, hell to the yes, if its new content another hell to the yes, if its something else its SAD DD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Original Join Date May 2009 - Real 1000 Day Veteran
  • eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    'Will you march?'

You like teasing us, do you?

I will march, but if I can't do that as a Romulan in may I will ... well ... furiously drink a cup of coffee I guess.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If this isn't a playable Romulan faction, please say so now. Leaving it for later will only cause excessive rage (though I'm sure whatever it is will be awesome :)).
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You're danged RIGHT I will. There is a threat to the Quadrant. I'll ally with anyone to deal with it, especially to promote peace with our neighbors.

BATTLE STATIONS!
  • charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As T'Pol would say: It is illogical to tease us!:P
    [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • averyddaverydd Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If this isn't a playable Romulan faction, please say so now. Leaving it for later will only cause excessive rage (though I'm sure whatever it is will be awesome :)).

Too true we need a new playable faction the 2 we have gone stale, new blood new challenges and even if it was a mini faction it's still all good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Original Join Date May 2009 - Real 1000 Day Veteran
  • mikeward1701mikeward1701 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We've added a new image to the media gallery.

Will you march?

Link to the gallery.

Link to the teaser site.

Brandon, you're such a cloak tease! :p
    Fleet Admiral Ward
    Commander, Starfleet Corps of Engineers • 7th Fleet
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. HEART OF OAK • NX-1759-B • Odyssey class Star Cruiser ( Lexington Tactical Configuration)
    )
    (Steam - feel free to follow/friend me : )
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    reporting for duty! now where's my warbird?
  • dradymdradym Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    any chance my fed character defecting? if possible, yes.
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    is it a new faction? it would be nice to get another faction other than the federation

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If we are actually joining a Romulan faction, then it will likely be D'Tan's New Romulus (currently defined in the story as "good guys" and friends to Fed/Klingon), rather than Sela's Imperial Remnant or the Tal Shiar. I do hope that we will be able to have both Romulan and Reman playable races right out of the gate if so.
  • acg3269acg3269 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    And my Legions will march beneath the Raptor's wings as I give my speech, Urbi et Orbi et Cosmi, and claim the position of Emperor in Sela's absence. Under my leadership, we shall crush the Klingons, make peace with Federation, and, as a follower of D'Tan and Spock's teachings, reunify with our Vulcan cousins. We will rebuild into the ultimate empire, one whose legacy will last indefinitely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Boldly going where no one has gone before!
  • nalonalo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    One can only hope
    they dont wait
    to long
    to confirm
    or deny
    what everyone
    is
    hopeing
    and
    or
    thinking
    :P

I for one am in the same boat as everyone else This means Romulans are to become playable :D

Now if its not hurry up and Dash all our hopes so that we have time to heal and get over it :cool:
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    acg3269 wrote: »
    And my Legions will march beneath the Raptor's wings as I give my speech, Urbi et Orbi et Cosmi, and claim the position of Emperor in Sela's absence. Under my leadership, we shall crush the Klingons, make peace with Federation, and, as a follower of D'Tan and Spock's teachings, reunify with our Vulcan cousins. We will rebuild into the ultimate empire, one whose legacy will last indefinitely.

We will make peace with the Vulcan through superior firepower!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Definitely convincing it pointing to a playable Romulan Faction.

And funny that Romulan is just a really funky English script, "Beneath the Raptor's Wing". ;)
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Agreed. The way it's being teased, there are many people who think it could mean a Romulan faction. If that is not the case, it will be terrible.

If it's a Romulan "faction" that is played only 1-20 on their own, then they split off to join Fed or KDF, that will also be terrible.

If it's a Romulan faction that starts at 21 like the KDF, but you can only access it after playing a KDF character to 50 (or another level) that would be pretty cool.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    felderburg wrote: »
    If it's a Romulan faction that starts at 21 like the KDF, but you can only access it after playing a KDF character to 50 (or another level) that would be pretty cool.
    I wouldn't have thought they'd do that.

It all depends on the next big release; they'll either have completed the KDF faction (having you start at level 1 from a first character perspective (in that you wont need to play through a FED character first), or they'll release the Romulan Faction as per the KDF requirements; you need to reach a certain FED level before unlock.

If the former, then there's a chance the Romulan Faction will be released in a whole lot of glory, complete with levels 1 through 50. I'd like to also say to everyone who ever stated there wouldn't be a 3rd faction. You were WRONG!

This teaser has Romulan Faction written all over it. It would be a seriously stupid move by Cryptic to produce something like this, knowing the gossip and speculation it'll receive, only for them to misguide us. If they think they've got unhappy players / fans now, they'll have a lot worse if it's all fake. :P

As for it's actual state, I'd be content with it being level 20 - 50 for the moment. At least it would be there. Something for them to later work on. Go Greens!!!
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I pledge myself to serve The True Empire....*Siskos voice* Romulans
    GwaoHAD.png
  • drunkadmiraldrunkadmiral Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I hope its new faction ;)
  • captainmikeccaptainmikec Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i hope if its a new playable faction they give us 1 free character slot so we dont have to buy a new one just to play new content they added after we made our characters in the current system
    "Tickle us, do we not laugh? Prick us, do we not bleed? Wrong us, shall we not revenge?"
    -General Chang
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    No, I will not MARCH...,

As my feet ache in Space-boots, and trying to trudge through space is A PeRILously damned complicated process.

But I MAY be more than willing to create a new Captain by the beginning of JUNE...,

To fly any Romulan Starship You JocULarY toss my way, in a New Faction.

If You in fact do so..., I will of course play it with As mUch GUSTo, as I can possibly muster.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't care I will kill of any of my characters...Just tell me who and he or she is dead DEAD I tell you...GONE...Nothing like welcoming a Romulan faction if it happens than backstabbing my own Characters. :cool:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    I don't care I will kill of any of my characters...Just tell me who and he or she is dead DEAD I tell you...GONE...Nothing like welcoming a Romulan faction if it happens than backstabbing my own Characters. :cool:

That's made me chuckle :)
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    nalo wrote: »
    One can only hope
    they dont wait
    to long
    to confirm
    or deny
    what everyone
    is
    hopeing
    and
    or
    thinking
    :P

I for one am in the same boat as everyone else This means Romulans are to become playable :D

Now if its not hurry up and Dash all our hopes so that we have time to heal and get over it :cool:

If Cryptic is smart and IF this is NOT the sign of a third faction ... They need to say so now before it snowballs.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • jdalton1jdalton1 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Jolan Tru! :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Teasing leads to speculation... speculation leads to expectation... expectation leads to disappointment, and that leads to the dark side! :(
    neoakiraii wrote: »

You would make any true Romulan proud! :D
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will you march?
    I love your guys' tease here. I can only assume, as most other players, that you're referring to a playable Romulan faction (or, I suppose, as least playable Romulan characters). If you build it, you bet I'll march! Romulans rock. I've wanted to play one such that over a year ago (long before the idea of New Romulus) I used the Alien Creator and STOWiki's Alien Race Guide to make a Romulan for myself. Her name is T'Pe, and I'm so very pleased you guys are referencing Marching Under the Raptor's Wings as I use that in T'Pe's bio where I explain about her currently working for the Federation:
    ...In her heart she holds her true allegiance to those who march beneath the Raptor's Wings, and she yearns for the day when the Empire will take it's rightful place in the Stars.

:cool:
    ferdzso0 wrote: »
    is it a new faction? it would be nice to get another faction other than the federation
    Haha! I see what you did thar!
    daveyny wrote: »
    MARCH...,

A PeRIL

MAY

JUNE...,

JocULarY

As mUch GUST
    Davy, you're my hero! >salutes<

:D

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think they restarted the servers just so we can see this and get teased. ;)

Oh, come on now, tell us, I wanna know if I can blow up Romulan Warbirds in May. :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    New lifetime perk "Access to playable Romulans"

Well Romulans always did think they were better than everyone else.:D:D:D:D

Ps: I would gladly march, with my bat'leth in hand and feet stomping on the corpses of the Romulan petaQ.