test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Orange Ophidian Cane and Shard of Possibilities

stonesdeltastonesdelta Member Posts: 24 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Academy
I have got blue version of Ophidian Cane and Shard of Possibilities with my main character.

Until 10AM PST of Monday, January 14th, 2013, the rerun of feature episodes offer orange version of Ophidian Cane and Shard of Possibilities as rewards.

If I discard my current blue version and do the rerun, can I get the orange version?

I wonder about this because the orange version is more visible than blue one (stand out more)
Post edited by stonesdelta on

Comments

• crazyphil487crazyphil487 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Both items can coexist. The orange versions are "bind to account" where as the blue are "bind to character".
  • stonesdeltastonesdelta Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hey thanks for the reply, but it seems both of them are bound to character, and I can only have one.

I've tested discarding blue and getting orange on Tribble test server, and it seems to work.
    So I am going to go ahead and do that so its easier to distinguish its a unique item.
  • verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    On one of my characters i have 2 Shards - i got one when the FE came out originally and the 2nd a few days ago - both have different text colour
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    There's both an account and a character bound version of the Shard?

I'd buy that for a dollar!
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I was able to claim the orange Shard without discarding my purple one, one of my fleetmates could not, so it seems they can co-exist.... just not for everyone. Perhaps the Shard was updated between its original release and the previous FE rerun, which would mean there are actually three versions of it...

Then again, I was able to claim a second TR-116 and a second Automated Defense Battery on most of my characters, so I think the game doesn't always actually check if an item is "unique" or not.
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have so far claimed five Mol-Rihan Tribbles on one character. There are plenty of loopholes with the "unique" items.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • aspheasphe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It's just a glitch. You got to expect a lot of this in this game. You can have multiples of the Cane of either type. Some times, it's just a matter of logging off then trying to reclaim the award again. I've had all 4 device slots filled with the cane. They do NOT share CDs. Likewise the pattern enhancers are the Shard too. Eventually I discarded most of the extras to save space.

You can also 'get' this with other things like the holographic doffs for example.

PS Don't you think it's notable that you CAN'T do this with the new dilithium weapons?
  • streakfury#2432 streakfury Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They had different coloured versions? Damn, I would have rerun the missions if I'd known.
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz / 16Gb DDR3 RAM @ 1600MHz / GeForce GTX1060 6Gb / Corsair Glaive / Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire
  • bortjinxbortjinx Member Posts: 397
    edited February 2013
    The effects aren't different colours, just the icon.

And when you use it, it stops you shooting things, regenerates a prtion of your health depending on how many targets you've hit with it, and in STFs is useful against mobs of low end Borg up to, I believe, Tacticals. Heavies and Elites will still take damage, but they won't be held.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arcane4arcane4 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wish they would bring this back I did not join until March. I would really like to get this because I want to build my toon around both of these but kinda hard when they take stuff off like this.:mad:
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    arcane4 wrote: »
    I wish they would bring this back I did not join until March. I would really like to get this because I want to build my toon around both of these but kinda hard when they take stuff off like this.:mad:

The featured Series was replayed again I believe when the expansion launched in May. They usually do it twice a year so it'll probably be brought back in December during the winter event.

Oh, and for the record, the mods don't like it when you necro post in a thread. (it's older than 30 days.)

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Besides the color of the icon and binding, is there any difference between the two? i've got the blue versions of each from the first runs, but over all i didn't even know there were purple or orange versions. What's the difference between the three?
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Besides the color of the icon and binding, is there any difference between the two? i've got the blue versions of each from the first runs, but over all i didn't even know there were purple or orange versions. What's the difference between the three?

The only difference is the colour when you link it into the chatbox. Functionally, they are identical.
    I need a beer.

• wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    The only difference is the colour when you link it into the chatbox. Functionally, they are identical.

that makes no sense then, to have 3 different versions with no difference than the icon color
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    that makes no sense then, to have 3 different versions with no difference than the icon color

IIRC, when they first came out there were no orange "unique" items. They updated the icons to distinguish between true unique items and however the item was shown as before.