test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Yesterday's Enterprise Uni

wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
edited February 2013 in The Art of Star Trek Online
Loved that we got a new uniform w/ the new mission but there were details missing from it.

Unique collar
Uniform_collar%2C_war_timeline.jpg

Cuffs on the sleves
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlu1yx6ns2cxseOFGAfZNkeUMPp8sGwF2mm506FMR2Wz1cFpHZ

Dan_Koko,_Yesterdays_Enterprise.jpg

Gold on the belt
Command_belt%2C_war_timeline.jpg

More images on this post and this Tumblr.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3347717&postcount=16

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/yesterday%27s%20enterprise
Post edited by wilv on

Comments

• yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Absolutely agreed.

I think the color of the Belt we got doesn't look like the one from the episode.
    Instead of some ivory, it looks just black.

Additionally, i think the belt is placed too high.
    I don't know how people in the US do wear their belts, but where i come from belts are attached on the pants, not the shirt...

To be honest, when i was reading "yesterday's enterprise Uniform" i expected a bit more than just a belt and the chest gear thingy.

I would have loved to get a more fitting TNG series uniform, with closed collar.
    The TNG series uniform we got looks washed down, and not like a uniform at all IMHO.

I absolutely hate the Galaxy class BOFF & Console layout.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Tbh, when I saw "yesterdays enterprise uniform" I thought "Awesome! It's the TWOK variant!"

Btw, do you guys get clipping problems with the belt and chest gear? All my toons have horrendous clipping issues with it and no matter what I do to the body sizes or the uniforms worn the YEU appears half embedded in my toons body :(
    I need a beer.

• mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Tbh, when I saw "yesterdays enterprise uniform" I thought "Awesome! It's the TWOK variant!"

Btw, do you guys get clipping problems with the belt and chest gear? All my toons have horrendous clipping issues with it and no matter what I do to the body sizes or the uniforms worn the YEU appears half embedded in my toons body :(

It's the same thing that happens with TNG combadges and the KDF sashes.

...And no, this time it's not a message to tell players to stop using max-bust characters (TNG badges clipped at 50% of the bust sliders!), as it looks odd on both ends of the slider (it's obviously rigid when it doesn't even touch the wearer's breast when bust size is set low).
    edited February 2013
    It's the same thing that happens with TNG combadges and the KDF sashes.

...And no, this time it's not a message to tell players to stop using max-bust characters (TNG badges clipped at 50% of the bust sliders!), as it looks odd on both ends of the slider (it's obviously rigid when it doesn't even touch the wearer's breast when bust size is set low).

The thing about the TNG (series) combadge is that it is just to big. It looks like a childrens toy but not like a comunicator.
    Additionally althrough they might say otherwise some combadges seem to strech with the body of its wearer.

Another thing is the TNG (series) Uniform, it looks like worn 20 years and totally creased. Cryptics devs seem not to care very much when working on TNG uniforms and other stuff related to it.
    Strangely, the DS9 uniform (TNG Movie) looks way better, do we have some DS9 fans with the devs? (or some who don't like TNG?)

I must say i have tried for hours by now and i cant get the new uniform pieces to look good. They don't look even remotely like their original counterparts.

What i would have liked to see was a new TNG uniform with closed collar and cuffs on the sleeves made with the quality of the racing uniform. The belt should be colorizable just like the Jupiter Belt, but without that annoying surface effect which makes it look way to bright all the time.

The Yesterdays Enterprise Belt and Chest ting look like they would belong to Shinzon or some Remans but not like the Belt from that episode.

"...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    When I preview the Yesterday's Enterprise belt on my TWK Admiral's Jacket - Female Alien Captain, it clips badly.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • serenity8060serenity8060 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    yreodred wrote: »
    Absolutely agreed.

I think the color of the Belt we got doesn't look like the one from the episode.
    Instead of some ivory, it looks just black.

FYI: Equip any belt that you 'can' change the color on. Change it to the color you want then equip the YE belt again, it'll remain said color. :)
  • guardianvalourguardianvalour Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The belt and harness for the Yesterday's Enterprise costume certainly looks cool. It is a costume piece that I was hoping would always be in the game.

However, I noticed that the harness (chest piece) doesn't line up with certain belts, as they are worn lower one one's avatar. I was curious if it would be possible/feasible to have it modified so that its length would auto adjust to whatever belt one was wearing? It is a great looking piece, but looks odd when it is not attached to a lower belt.

Its length matches with the following belts:

Yesterday's Enterprise
    Bajoran
    Jupiter
    The Wrath Of Khan
    Winter Coat Belts (all)
    Deep Space Nine Admiral

It does not line up with the following belts:

Enterprise Mirror Universe - (Female only. It lines up on most male avatars, with some slight overlapping on the front of the belt, and clipping on both the front and back.)
    Sash - TOS Mirror Universe
    T'Pol

-

I realize the harness is designed for use with the Yesterday's Enterprise belt, but it would certainly be nice if it could be used in conjunction with all belts while maintaining the same 'connected' look. Regardless if it is possible or not to modify this; great work on the costume pieces and that of the entire third year anniversary event. Thank you very much!
    edited February 2013
    FYI: Equip any belt that you 'can' change the color on. Change it to the color you want then equip the YE belt again, it'll remain said color. :)
    Thanks for the hint! :)
    Nevertheless i think the belt looks somehow strange, i would have preferred if it would have looked more like the Jupiter belt, for example.
    Sadly, the double Starfleet symbol, can't be changed. I wish the devs would take a bit more care when doing TNG stuff like that IMHO.

A tale of two Picards
  • mirrorseacatmirrorseacat Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I do wonder if it should be labeled as Yesterdays Harness or something, it seems just a bit off that its called an Uniform when it contains no actual clothing. also, sadly, it clips like a walmart hair salon.
  • wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I do wonder if it should be labeled as Yesterdays Harness or something, it seems just a bit off that its called an Uniform when it contains no actual clothing. also, sadly, it clips like a walmart hair salon.

Ok, I LOLed my head off at this.

Seriously though I do hope that what we're seeing is just an unfinished product. Brandon did say that they released them as is so they could be in for the event. Hopefully the shirt, coloring and clipping issues will be addressed in a patch.