test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic.. Temporal Ambassador. Im impressed. SPOILER ALERT!!

Comments

• lterlter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Im sorry but if your not a star trek Fan dont even play this game, in other words Frak you. If you cant appreticate that this isnt just a pew pew game leave, NOW

Sorry but im a Star Trek fan, but this mission its still TRIBBLE, for the reasons I mentioned. If you cant stand another opinion with arguments, better you leave this FORUM.
  • general1devongeneral1devon Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lter wrote: »
    Sorry but im a Star Trek fan, but this mission its still TRIBBLE, for the reasons I mentioned. If you cant stand another opinion with arguments, better you leave this FORUM.

if You were an actual Star Trek Fan as you claim to be you would play this game for more then just the gameplay and actually follow the story, read the text and listen to the voices.
    Don't claim to be something your not. People like you disgust me you petaq
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    Well, since you admit that the gameplay its crappy, I think I've made my point.
    But for reading a story I read a Star Trek book, in a RPG game a story has to be an important element in the gameplay. In this case, you can complete the mission by just pressing F and follow the marks, so its TRIBBLE.
    edited February 2013
    Well, since you admit that the gameplay its crappy, I think I've made my point.
    But for reading a story I read a Star Trek book, in a RPG game a story has to be an important element in the gameplay. In this case, you can complete the mission by just pressing F and follow the marks, so its TRIBBLE.

Nowhere did i State the gameplay was crappy, i said you should play this game for more then just one element of it so you point is Illogical. and if you dislike the game so much do everyone a favor and leave you ungrateful TRIBBLE. Quit yer ******** or Quit the game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aeolusdallasaeolusdallas Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2013

The mission is not TRIBBLE. It's amazing and very "Trekish"
    edited February 2013
    Ok I'll have to assume you're a 10yrs old star trek fanboy who hasnt played a game in its life thats why you're crying so hard and insulting when you face the fact that this mission is ****.
    edited February 2013
    Ok I'll have to assume you're a 10yrs old star trek fanboy who hasnt played a game in its life thats why you're crying so hard and insulting when you face the fact that this mission is ****.

Actually Im 17 and I've been playing this game since Launch. Also I unlike you are a Trek fan.
    Never assume anything, you only make an TRIBBLE out of yourself
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    Actually Im 17 and I've been playing this game since Launch. Also I unlike you are a Trek fan.
    Never assume anything, you only make an TRIBBLE out of yourself

10-20, its what I guessed, but no more.
    edited February 2013
    10-20, its what I guessed, but no more.

age has no point in this discussion, I have beaten your childish arguement to death with my [Klingon Bat'leth Mk XII]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    Well your point is that the story of the mission was amazing. Ok I can discuss that but you've never discuss my own point:

-Gameplay: Press F to advance.
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    LOL at the kid saying the mission is TRIBBLE do to lack of combat

i liked the mission felt like something that would happen in the series. many nice touches in it

one thing i want to know can we get the jump suit as a uniform option :D
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
    edited February 2013
    gpgtx wrote: »
    LOL at the kid saying the mission is TRIBBLE do to lack of combat

Well, actually there are some amazing missions at the Foundry that doesnt have any combat.
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If you choose to just push "F" repeatedly and then choose to say the mission is garbage because you did so, the problem lies with you.

Story missions only work if you choose to enjoy the story. If you don't, don't complain when the experience is less then satisfactory.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    I stood there for quite a while and didn't get anything like that. The only time I was spoken to in that tube was about the force fields.

I ran back to the tubes beginning before I dropped the last force field to get a screen shot when it appeared for me.

No special consoles on the ships?
    edited February 2013
    kimmym wrote: »
    If you choose to just push "F" repeatedly and then choose to say the mission is garbage because you did so, the problem lies with you.

Incorrect. GOOD story missions implies that you HAVE to READ the story in order to progress in the gameplay, resolving questions, puzzles, or other situations that composes the gameplay and integrates the story in it. Most Cryptic "story" missions, nevertheless, doesnt function that way. Are just as crappy at this one, missions that only implies pressing F to complete it, and story is just an extra, like in "Temporal Ambassador".
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    age has no point in this discussion, I have beaten your childish arguement to death with my [Klingon Bat'leth Mk XII]
    I ran back to the tubes beginning before I dropped the last force field to get a screen shot when it appeared for me.

No special consoles on the ships?

no consoles just like the free oddy last year.
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Another little point that is on my mind was during the first part.

When you get to the third anomoly, you run into a "D7 Battlecruiser", and it's using the K'T'inga skin. And I don't understand why you guys never use the D7 skin in the time travel missions that actually say they are D7's? :rolleyes:
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Another little point that is on my mind was during the first part.

When you get to the third anomoly, you run into a "D7 Battlecruiser", and it's using the K'T'inga skin. And I don't understand why you guys never use the D7 skin in the time travel missions that actually say they are D7's? :rolleyes:

Same reason Voyager and Enterprise did it...they made a booboo
    GwaoHAD.png
  • denizenvidenizenvi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Absolutely awesome mission. When I saw my boffs, I was thrilled to death. Had to wonder what my Jem'hadar Boff did to get relegated to a Tholian work detail in a timeline where the Dominion won, though ;)

It really was wonderful how your officers' 'alternate' personalities compared with your personal ideas of their personalities. Now I know my Tellarite officer can cook, but I still don't know if I should try his cuisine . . . :D
    Take a look at my Foundry missions!

Conjoined
    , Re-emergence, and . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well the prime universe had Jem'hadar dissidents that weren't happy with their lot as Dominion cannon fodder so it's understandable that some might end up working for Tholians.
    I thought this mission was very well done, it was fun and interesting and if it's permanent that will be a refreshing change from the rep grind.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • dontphasemedontphaseme Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The mission is great! Getting the actual actrice to do the voice was an excellent touch. Very star trek-y.
    edited February 2013
    Now doing the Event on my KDF and it's not giving me any of the accolades. Klingons not supposed to get them?
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Now doing the Event on my KDF and it's not giving me any of the accolades. Klingons not supposed to get them?

I got them when I did it with my KDF toon. You getting a lot of lag? I found it could take a while for them to show up if the servers were straining.
    edited February 2013
    capnmanx wrote: »
    I got them when I did it with my KDF toon. You getting a lot of lag? I found it could take a while for them to show up if the servers were straining.

So far no accolades as KDF are showing, and after doing this 4 times on Federation characters, seems odd. But others say they are getting them on their KDF.
  • avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Great job Cryptic! Seeing my own Boffs within the mission was a nice touch which contributed to immersion. This mission had a very Trek feel to it and it left me with a feeling of satisfaction once all objectives had been completed.

And, oh yeah, the Ambassador is beautiful!
  • shadowlordktshadowlordkt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    After being inside the Wells class cut scene and we're back in our own ship, we're supposed to go to the Tholian base... anyone know where it is? Map doesn't show it.

It says exit the system, then it tells me to come back to the system... And I go right back into the tunnels and have to repeat everything over and over.

This happened to me too as well as on a friend's account. Is this some kind of bug?
  • chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Both the new fed and kdf ships. very impressive. i'm pleased with both of them
  • starboardnacellestarboardnacelle Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This happened to me too as well as on a friend's account. Is this some kind of bug?

It's a bug. The maintenance tunnel portion of the mission seems to have an issue where it won't register as completed, forcing you to go back in and re-do the mission from that point onward.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, the Enterprise 1701 was automated when they went to Genesis. But given we are to correct the timeline, kind of a major oversight to forget the other hundreds of crewmembers of the Enterprise-C, now isn't it? Especially with the Battle of Naradra III? So it just ends up the Enterprise-C gets captured with only Castillo and Tasha Yar (providing T'nae got beamed off at the end of this mission as well).

That or we got another STO paradox like Driffin's Comet.

I assume they were boarding the ship while your character and the other 3 were freeing the Ent-C . (In fact that's probably how the Forcefields in the walkway got re-activated. They didn't want Tholians coming in after them and they knew 'the four' could get past them when the time came ;)

(and a couple of your Ent-C Boffs were listed as 'Enterprise Crewman') :D

To the Cryptic Dev Team:
    Overall, loved the mission story, the environments (especially the full size 1701-C in the Tholian Bay as you run down the boarding tube. Very reminiscent of the scene in the 'Enterprise' episode "In a Mirror Darkly' with the Constitution Class U.S.S. Defiant.

The episode writer also got the 'annoying' aspect of Tasha Yar's TNG Season One characterization with all the nagging she was doing as the player character lowered the boarding tube force fields -- I was ready to slap her silly and toss her out the airlock.:eek:

You also had most of the Trek time travel memes too. In fact the time travel was so convoluted; the only thing mission was a visit by a man in a blue police box (yeah, yeah, wrong IP. :P)
    ^^^
    This is the kind of content STO STILL NEEDS ADDED to it. I rreally hope we do see more missions like this from you guys at Cryptic and not just more PvE queued 'Grind' content. Please carve some time in the schedule to do one or two FE series (or missions like 'Temporal Ambassador') a year. This is the type of thing that (IMO) makes STO feel 'more Star Trek'.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes, missions like this is what STO SHOULD be!
    Have the grind content, too, but balance it with the good stuff.

Any idea what the mission reward will be, once everyone got the Ambassador Class?

Can I suggest a mystery box with a chance for one of the Ent-C's Mk XII purples? ;)

I guess the reason she had all that awesome stuff was being upgraded by the Ent-D AND the Tholians.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg