test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why doesnt the T5 Ambassador come with Purple gear

tcbys1tcbys1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Why cant the ship come with some Good Purple gear on it? Instead it has stock TRIBBLE stuff. Or atleast during the mission I can unequip the stuff.
Post edited by tcbys1 on

Comments

• Options
    lterlter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    No ship comes with purple grear, even the VA ones, more less a free 40 lvl ship.
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Its a free ship to start with, and you expect free high end gear too? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The stuff on the ship during the mission is there because it's the Enterprise. Of course it's going to have decent gear (though no [Acc] modifiers? Really? It's the Enterprise! Though since you only use it to fight a handful of Tholian ships that you can lock down with the Tractor Beam, I guess it's OK...).

...Edit: actually, its beams have [Acc]x2 or x3, it seems. I just assumed that the mods were the same on all the weapons, and the phaser turret has [Dmg]x3.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    hravik wrote: »
    Its a free ship to start with, and you expect free high end gear too? :rolleyes:

Why not? Its the 3rd Year Anniversary.
  • Options
    gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They were already generous enough to give you a free ship. That's your anniversary present you overly self entitled person. :rolleyes:
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • Options
    lterlter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why didnt Cryptic gave us 10.000 zen and 1 Mill Dil?? Its the 3rd Aniversary!! ;)
  • Options
    ruinsfateruinsfate Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    :eek:

:confused:

:rolleyes:

:D
  • Options
    kevaldtkevaldt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I know, I saw the equipment on this thing and was just like "WHY CAN I NOT HAS?!?"

Dont get me wrong, my ship has some great gear, but those phaser relays and neutronium armor would have been sweet to get.
    [SIGPIC]InGame - @Darth_Tauri[/SIGPIC]
    Joined - 9/2011
    "You Best Make Peace With Your Dear & Fluffy Lord" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will admit I tried to unequip the purple gear towards the end of the mission just before I had to rescan the anomaly. Didn't show up in my inventory, though Q_Q_Q_Q.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    canadianmetalfancanadianmetalfan Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    you actually thought you would get good gear from a free ship?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ODYSSEY SCIENCE CRUISER - U.S.S. MAIDEN TORONTO NX-971312-B
    VESTA MULTI-MISSION SURVEILLANCE EXPLORER - U.S.S. HOPE IN HELL NX-902013-A
  • Options
    cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    :eek:

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    loverofwarsloverofwars Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    I will admit I tried to unequip the purple gear towards the end of the mission just before I had to rescan the anomaly. Didn't show up in my inventory, though Q_Q_Q_Q.

i tryed to take it all just after undocking:D would of really liked the armor mostly ah well
  • Options
    nightmarechi1dnightmarechi1d Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just read in zone chat:

"I think you should have been able to tkae that gear off the ship, only for it to not work when they go into combat"

That would have been funny as hell. Cryptic missed the best opportunity for a practical joke ever!
    corbinwolf#9797 corbinwolf Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Tried the Tier 5 version of the ship tonight just for fun. Built it the way I did my Fleet Excelsior, though this has an extra tact slot for officers I believe. This is essentially a suped up excelsior as far as I can tell. My crit has jumped exponentially (higher than Excel) and it tanks quicker than any cruiser I have ever flown (including Excelsior). Just my two cents but as far as I am concerned this is as close to the Connie at end game as we are ever going to get and admittedly, I am loving it so far!
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    you actually thought you would get good gear from a free ship?

Yea. I thought get something decent considering its almost 100 year old ship. Besides it be a nice little gift. All it is is few pices of purple gear.
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    knuhteb5 wrote: »

The equipment is labelled as Fused. Naturally, it is not going to be coming out without breaking it.

Whatever the case, I can't wait to hear all about Admiral Yar and her ongoing feud with her estranged daughter Sela

Why does she have to be estranged? Sela can follow her momma around in a puffy, frilly, pink dress while carrying an over-sized rainbow-swirl lollipop.
  • Options
    souli76souli76 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It doesn't come with purple gear so when it goes into the C-store with purple gear and some xyz console, you'll pay to get another of what you just got for free :D.

Infact I'm not positive but I think the Ambassador in the mission had more science boffs than the Retrofit, so that's probably a hint at what's in store in the C-Store.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    When I saw the awesome gear on the Ent-C, I did a doubletake.

I seriously think we're in yet a new timeline where the ship must have survived Narendra III. Because I pwned an entire Tholian fleet with a hundred year old ship (not design, the actual ship is 100 years behind the times compared to the Tholians) with the best of the best gear any player could want. Maybe the Tholians upgraded it?

Whatever the case, I can't wait to hear all about Admiral Yar and her ongoing feud with her estranged daughter Sela whom she conceived with a Romulan general who defected when he was captured at Narendra III, documented as the glorious day when the Enterprise C turned four Romulan Warbirds inside-out in 30 seconds flat. The Klingons were so impressed that Yar was the first non-Klingon to be presented with the medal of the Order of Kahless by K'mpec himself in 2345.

Because that's the only logical conclusion I can draw about what will happen after completing the anniversary mission.

Actually to me, the uber-gear on the Enterprise C made a lot of sense. It explains quite a bit that all hero ships are obviously toting 'l33t h4x' stuff, and why they always win so easily.

Plus there is the fact that people as low as level 6 are gonna be playing this mission, so it'd need high level stuff to offset the lack of captain powers and such. I don't doubt that any of us here could, and did wipe the floor with those Tholians, and given enough time probably could've taken down that Tarantula if the Wells class didn't pop up.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I really really really wished I could steal those gear...!

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I wish it came with the gear we got doing the mission lol.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Actually to me, the uber-gear on the Enterprise C made a lot of sense. It explains quite a bit that all hero ships are obviously toting 'l33t h4x' stuff, and why they always win so easily.

While it makes sense from that perspective (and from a gameplay one), from a common sense standpoint it really doesnt. This is a ship seventy years obsolete, presumably still battle damaged from the throwdowns in Yesterday's Enterprise...yet it takes on a small fleet all by itself with almost no effort at all?
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If only there was some way we could get purple gear in game. cryptic should look into adding something like that.

oh well whites it is.